Brother Fish

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 16, 2005
paradise
AFL Club
Carlton
ok i'll kick off the new book forum with a great book i am currently reading .
it's "brother fish" written by Bryce Courtney.
the book's main character is from Queen Island , off Tasmania in the Bass Straight . which makes it more interesting for me .
i'm halfway through it and finding it hard to put down .
anyone else read it ??

Jim Boy said:
OK, I'll kick off the trolling;-

He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others
Damn, beat me to it.

Bryce Courtney is evil. His books are awful and so too is anyone who enjoys them. I thought only 60+ year olds read his crap. Damn baby boomers, and damn the Wright Brothers.

Lance Uppercut said:
I read and enjoyed The Power of One and Tandia, a long time ago, but they were alright. Then again, I've read all genre's. I kid you not when I reveal as a primary school kid I read a lot of The Babysitters Club :eek:

I Can Jump Puddles by Alan Marshall was the big read when I was at school. It wasn't too bad either.

Lance Uppercut said:
I read and enjoyed The Power of One and Tandia, a long time ago, but they were alright. Then again, I've read all genre's. I kid you not when I reveal as a primary school kid I read a lot of The Babysitters Club :eek:
I was a "Three Investigators" boy. Babysitters after my time. By the age of 12 I had two bookcases (not shelves, bookcases) of books I'd read. Had some sort of mania for keeping any book I'd read. Got me in a lot of trouble with the library.

Appleyard said:
I was a "Three Investigators" boy. Babysitters after my time. By the age of 12 I had two bookcases (not shelves, bookcases) of books I'd read. Had some sort of mania for keeping any book I'd read. Got me in a lot of trouble with the library.

haha same. I've read a million books, been reading from a very young age. Also, throughout secondary school I had an hour and a half bus ride each way, and since I preferred reading to copping nipple-cripples off the big boys I went through a lot of books :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raskolnikov said:
See my post on another thread.

Boorring. :thumbsdown:
ok finished Brother Fish and i give it a 5 out of 10 ...i was quite enjoying it until 3 quarters the way through it bogged down and became very tiresome , which was a pity because the first half was well worth reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Brother Fish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back