Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Some people say that Woewodin was an unlikely winner of the 2000 Brownlow Medal but he certainly was not a smokey for the medal in 2000.

Who would you say are the smokey's for 2004?

James Kelly
Austinn Jones
Luke McPharlin
Jeff White
Ben Johnson
Matthew Lappin

Originally posted by Lonie_from_50
Some people say that Woewodin was an unlikely winner of the 2000 Brownlow Medal but he certainly was not a smokey for the medal in 2000.

James Kelly
Austinn Jones
Luke McPharlin
Jeff White
Ben Johnson
Matthew Lappin
Lappin is definitely a smokey. Number 1 in the League using that Champion Data

Can't really see anyone other than a midfielder, ruckman or key forward winning it.

Buckley, Ricciutto, Goodes, Black, Akermanis, Woewodin, Crawford, Harvey, Voss, Hird, Kelly and Williams have been the last 12 Brownlow Medalists and all played midfield (ruck for Goodes and Hird might have been a utility in 1996)

at this stage of the season - C. Mooney

he would have been getting noticed by umpires because he has been in the centre and probably would have got votes for his efforts around the ground and in clearances considering he has been too small to go against most ruckmen

your dreamin

You blokes have got to be kidding - the only thing that will stop Hird being handed the Chaz will be if he is dead. Aside from that, no matter how many games he plays, what his form is, what he says about his new best mates the umps, he will take the medal.

If the Dons are in the GF, its a 100% given.

Lexy

Re: your dreamin

Originally posted by LexyBaluca
You blokes have got to be kidding - the only thing that will stop Hird being handed the Chaz will be if he is dead.

you seem to have backed off in your statements as your post went along;)

next you will be saying if he polls votes in every game from here on in, he will win.
:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: your dreamin

Originally posted by benbergin
you seem to have backed off in your statements as your post went along;)

next you will be saying if he polls votes in every game from here on in, he will win.
:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, must be a bit out of tonight - struggling to follow your logic.

Lexy:confused:

Re: Re: Re: your dreamin

Sorry mate, must be a bit out of tonight - struggling to follow your logic.

Lexy:confused:

you originally said:

"the only thing that will stop Hird being handed the Chaz will be if he is dead"

then in the same post you went on to say:

"If the Dons are in the GF, its a 100% given."

just backing off a bit there with the opinion?

Originally posted by Lonie_from_50

James Kelly
Austinn Jones
Luke McPharlin
Jeff White
Ben Johnson
Matthew Lappin

Luke McPharlin!

Re: Re: Brownlow Smokey 2004?

Originally posted by hoss
Luke McPharlin!

u have to be joking mate ... i mean haselby would be miles in front of him atm ... he's had a super year but not brownlow form

thus my tip is one p.haselby, hes had 8 25+ games other 2 24 and 23, thus he'll poll in most games they won i think. how many bog is not certain but im putting my money where my mouth is!!

Originally posted by Munga
Gehrig. I know, I'm laughing too!

Gehrig polled 10 votes last year, and we only won 11 games and got flogged in the other 11 we lost. So far this season, we've won every game and Gehrig is playing great football. Defently a chance. He would be the second FF to win the medal (Lockett being the only...in 1987).

Re: Re: Re: Brownlow Smokey 2004?

Originally posted by BlueBoy83
u have to be joking mate ... i mean haselby would be miles in front of him atm ... he's had a super year but not brownlow form

thus my tip is one p.haselby, hes had 8 25+ games other 2 24 and 23, thus he'll poll in most games they won i think. how many bog is not certain but im putting my money where my mouth is!!

Haselby would be close to outright favourite at the moment! I thought this thread was about the best smoky - i took that to mean best chance for an outsider or dark horse.

Re: your dreamin

You blokes have got to be kidding - the only thing that will stop Hird being handed the Chaz will be if he is dead. Aside from that, no matter how many games he plays, what his form is, what he says about his new best mates the umps, he will take the medal.

Lexy

Aside from any other things I could say about your stupid trolling attempts, the thread is about the Brownlow smokey, not who we think will win it.

Anyhoo...I'm gonna go with McPhee too.

Re: Re: your dreamin

Originally posted by BomberGal
Aside from any other things I could say about your stupid trolling attempts, the thread is about the Brownlow smokey, not who we think will win it.

Thanks BomberGal.. thats what I took smoky to mean as well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Smokey 2004?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back