Brownlow: Tips, Thoughts and Smokeys

Remove this Banner Ad

Drummond said:
Smokey- Luke Power. Polled 17 votes in 2004 and is having his best season yet stats wise. Kicked 13 goals too and 9 games with 25+ possessions. Although the Lions have struggled should still poll well.

Like your thinking - not the first time a star in a struggling team has won.

Definite chance, IMO.

GoSarge said:
But if you poll in 6 or 7 games AND get 3 votes in each of them, then you give yourself a reasonable chance of winning the whole lot. Consistent games wont get you the medal, but flashy inconsistent brilliance probably will.

I think you will find that Andrew MCLeod did this a few years back when polling 18 votes one year.

Chasing the Dream said:
I think you will find that Andrew MCLeod did this a few years back when polling 18 votes one year.

Yep had something like 6 BOGs in the first 9 or so rounds of 2003, which probably 3 or 4 were totally deserved and 2 to 3 were flashy brilliance, then went unsighted (by the umpires) for the rest of the season

I wouldn't be discounting Jonathon Brown. Could have as many as 15 votes, and whispers are that he could return next week. This would give him 5 more games, if he polls 3 in another 2-3 then could give it a shake. Just checked his odds on sportsbet....$301 and couldn't resist.

mintonconnell said:
I wouldn't be discounting Jonathon Brown. Could have as many as 15 votes, and whispers are that he could return next week. This would give him 5 more games, if he polls 3 in another 2-3 then could give it a shake. Just checked his odds on sportsbet....$301 and couldn't resist.

Garbage ... Well done for wasting your money ...
Has no chance in hell.

I reckon Trav Johnstone has to be pretty close. Is having an great season and won't have too many others taking votes off him (except for Cam Bruce and possibly White)
I think he'll poll more votes then his teammate Bruce. For some reason I reckon Johnstone will catch the Ump's eye more then Bruce.

mintonconnell said:

Doubt he will be back now, but I may get on each way (pay about $70)

Tip - Judd

After 7 rounds, Hayes will be leading.

Riewoldt to get votes late...though to finish 6th-8th.

Goodwin a good chance. Also Gooodes.

And perhaps West?

Though Judd is just always there and everything he does you notice...so yeh I reckon he will get it.

Judd is my tip as the obvious one bt I have to go with Adam Goodes. Really stands out in the Swans outfit and is a definate chance after his 2003 win.

MY smokey would have to be a real one with Heath Shaw.............:cool:

celtic_pride said:
Garbage ... Well done for wasting your money ...
Has no chance in hell.

I reckon Trav Johnstone has to be pretty close. Is having an great season and won't have too many others taking votes off him (except for Cam Bruce and possibly White)
I think he'll poll more votes then his teammate Bruce. For some reason I reckon Johnstone will catch the Ump's eye more then Bruce.

nope...

Took Trav 5-6 to get into it..and when he did..Bruce was firing aswell.

Will finish in top 10 though. Bruce just below.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow: Tips, Thoughts and Smokeys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back