bruce lee

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2005
1060 west addison
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
gala,l'pool,storm,mvfc
anyone here a fan of the late great martial artist?

just imagine how huge he would have been had he not died so young.Enter the dragon would have been the beginning of a huge hollywood career,he was a megastar in asia already but hadnt he died so young he would have become a huge worldwide cinema icon.Shame that he only made 4 movies that we can see(i dont include game of death because you can hardly call it a movie when hes in it for only 5 mins)including what i think is the greatest martial arts movie ever made in enter the dragon,and the greatest fight scene ever put on camera when he fought chuck norris in way of the dragon,he died way too young but he left us with a great legacy

Tony Jaa > Bruce Lee, Jet Li any other nancy you want to mention.

Bruce lee a nancy?your kidding arent you?youd be like one of those extras on his movie sets who always challenged bruce to a fight to see how good how really he was only to have the ******** kicked out of you.you really dont know what your talking about eh buddy

is that why chuck norris said that if they had had a fight bruce would have beaten him,unlike some action stars he was a real martial artist not an actor posing as one ala van damme

http://torontosun.com/News/OtherNews/2005/09/13/1214839-sun.html

SARAJEVO -- The ethnically divided Bosnian city of Mostar has agreed to erect a new symbol of unity -- a statue of kung-fu legend Bruce Lee, worshipped by Muslims, Serbs and Croats.

A group of enthusiasts came up with the idea of honouring the childhood hero of the city's ethnic groups in 2003, on the 30th anniversary of his death. They found donors and plan to erect the statue in November.

Bruce Lee to get statue in Bosnia
The martial arts legend Bruce Lee is to be honoured with a statue in the southern Bosnian city of Mostar, as a symbolic protest against ethnic division, local authorities said.

Bruce Lee was chosen as a hero that all ethnic groups could relate to, in a city that was nearly destroyed during the fierce fighting between Croats and Muslims during Bosnia's 1992-95 war and that remains bitterly divided.

MagpieScouser said:
is that why chuck norris said that if they had had a fight bruce would have beaten him,unlike some action stars he was a real martial artist not an actor posing as one ala van damme

MagpieScouser you obviously have not picked up on the sarcasm that both myself and nhorthboy have displayed in our replies... Anyone who is a martial arts fan obviously views Bruce Lee as a deity.

"You know Bruce Lee's not really dead, don't you? Yeah, it's in a book. What he did was he faked his own death so that he could work undercover for the Hong Kong police, inflitrating drugs gangs and the Triads"

Silvermylar said:
"You know Bruce Lee's not really dead, don't you? Yeah, it's in a book. What he did was he faked his own death so that he could work undercover for the Hong Kong police, inflitrating drugs gangs and the Triads"

hahaha my favourite part of the whole series

Bruce Lee never had any fights that anyone credible actually witnessed, except one against Wong Jackman, which by all neutral accounts he got totally depantsed. He only had 18 months of formal martial arts training in Wing Chun which is really not much, also his books were just complete ripoffs of other peoples work which he didn't give credit to them for (probably the main reason most a lot of people have no respect for him). I get sick of people saying how he's such a great martial artist because he was mediocre at best.
His movies are good though & that's about it.
Research my friends...

MagpieScouser said:
anyone here a fan of the late great martial artist?

just imagine how huge he would have been had he not died so young.Enter the dragon would have been the beginning of a huge hollywood career,he was a megastar in asia already but hadnt he died so young he would have become a huge worldwide cinema icon.Shame that he only made 4 movies that we can see(i dont include game of death because you can hardly call it a movie when hes in it for only 5 mins)including what i think is the greatest martial arts movie ever made in enter the dragon,and the greatest fight scene ever put on camera when he fought chuck norris in way of the dragon,he died way too young but he left us with a great legacy

speaking of "game of death", that has to be the dodgiest movie ever made!! Remember a scene where the guy is playing bruce lee's character, they actually cut out a picture of bruce lee's head from a magazine/photo, and place it on the guy playing bruce in the actual film!?!? It's so pathetic that it's funny!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrimes1234 said:
Bruce Lee never had any fights that anyone credible actually witnessed, except one against Wong Jackman, which by all neutral accounts he got totally depantsed. He only had 18 months of formal martial arts training in Wing Chun which is really not much, also his books were just complete ripoffs of other peoples work which he didn't give credit to them for (probably the main reason most a lot of people have no respect for him). I get sick of people saying how he's such a great martial artist because he was mediocre at best.
His movies are good though & that's about it.
Research my friends...

Yes I think that has been established a long time ago

doesnt change the fact that Bruce Lee pwns Tony Jaa

pinkus maximus said:
Yes I think that has been established a long time ago

doesnt change the fact that Bruce Lee pwns Tony Jaa

I think it does.

Jaa > Everyone.

And yes, that includes Bruce " I am rubbish and gay" Lee.

Bruce Lee vs. Muhammad Ali - who would win?

Gladly accept Godzilla, Dracula or The Terminator as a substitute.

Presti_is_god said:
Bruce easy. All Ali knew were punches he would be lost with kicks,elbows, knees.

That said..

Fedor Emelianenko > All.

I really hope you are joking, if not that's one of the dumbest things I've read on here... Size matters in a fight (which is why there are weight divsions in combat sports) and Bruce was quite a small man whereas Cassius was quite a large man. Bruce even said himself that he wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah Bruce who never had any proper fights against someone who fought for a living, who do you think would win?

Scrimes1234 said:
I really hope you are joking, if not that's one of the dumbest things I've read on here... Size matters in a fight (which is why there are weight divsions in combat sports) and Bruce was quite a small man whereas Cassius was quite a large man. Bruce even said himself that he wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah Bruce who never had any proper fights against someone who fought for a living, who do you think would win?

You should see the real life video of Bruce Lees punch where he doesn't even swing his arm back to punch yet still sends a dude twice his size flying backwards. He has amazing force, even for a little guy.

Bruce would take Ali down and kick the ******** out of him. All he would have to do is get down low and shoot for the legs.

Ali once fought a guy called Antonio Inoki from Japan. Kicks,elbows etc were allowed as well as ground fighting and submissions. Once Ali was on his back he was lost and Inoki kicked teh crap out of his legs.

I know you guys are joking but the sad fact is that some people actually believe that.

---
Scrimes, crusader of truth

Scrimes1234 said:

A kick does more damage then a punch, plus ali's movement, because of his size, is quite slow compare with bruce lee.

Bruce Lee wins.

images

Bruce Lee is still amazing to this day, he left a legacy and seemed before his time in western culture anyway, can't help but think what would have been if he was still around, he was huge in his time, one of the most iconic movie stars of all time imo

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

bruce lee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back