Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Sad, a current Senator, can feel so entitles , to ruin a rape victim, who was on her staff at the time......
The entitlement shown by Reynolds in most recent times is incredible, even for a pollie!🙄
A case of, "thats enough about me, what do you think about me?"....it is becoming very apparant there is a great deal of personal vendetta in her defo claim, and an inflated sense of importance..but we mostly surmised that😉
I do feel quite a degree of sympathy for Fiona Brown...she seemed actually to try to do the right thing, her holding her ground against Reynolds about going to AFP behind BH's back was a defining action, IMO.

Can i pose a hypothetical to you Figgy?
is it possible that Ms Brown suffered from being in the middle of a particularly rubbish situation?
I.e she would have had pressure from Ms Reynolds to get Britt to report, pressure from pollies to manage it appropriately, pressure from Britt for answers, pressure from external parties (Twitter, Journos) and pressure from opposition political parties. Its not just Britteneys stuff that would have caused it ( but was a factor id imagine)

Its not uncommon for those who arent adequately trained to deal with this to struggle under the weight of it.
Well said..100% agree! I do also feel Figgie, you believe Brown was hard done by, in recent comments i feel you have more defense for her than Reynolds? It seems Fiona was very conscious of doing the "right" thing for Brittany, yet felt a lot of pressure to "conform" to Reynolds' requests and directions. IMO, it would have been an unenviable, horrible position in the middle. I feel there was a certain sense in Brown that she knew Bruce had r*ped Brittany, in the very least, she knew Bruce's behaviour was unsavoury.
As you say, for someone untrained or unfamiliar with such a situation, i could be very stressful and traumatic, especially as Brown's role was typically not in the public eye.
I have little sympathy for Reynolds...in fact, I feel she has deflected a lot of the burden of the initial part of the saga towards Brown.
Reynolds truly is a unique piece of work......

But haven't you been defending the lunacy of one particular side, for a hundred posts or so?

Nope!

I've said Reynolds is stupid for proceeding with this from the get go, but that Higgins and Sharaz are also stupid for not settling / apologising because they clearly lied about a political cover-up that never happened and caused obvious major health issues to both Brown and Reynolds, then kept doubling down with their claims on social media (and indeed Higgins couldn't even stop herself from positing during this trial).

All parties have stubbornly dug their heels in and all will suffer.

Nope!

I've said Reynolds is stupid for proceeding with this from the get go, but that Higgins and Sharaz are also stupid for not settling / apologising because they clearly lied about a political cover-up that never happened and caused obvious major health issues to both Brown and Reynolds, then kept doubling down with their claims on social media (and indeed Higgins couldn't even stop herself from positing during this trial).

All parties have stubbornly dug their heels in and all will suffer.
The way Linda has acted so jealously and vindictive I reckon she wanted more than a mere apology from them.

Well said..100% agree! I do also feel Figgie, you believe Brown was hard done by, in recent comments i feel you have more defense for her than Reynolds? It seems Fiona was very conscious of doing the "right" thing for Brittany, yet felt a lot of pressure to "conform" to Reynolds' requests and directions. IMO, it would have been an unenviable, horrible position in the middle. I feel there was a certain sense in Brown that she knew Bruce had r*ped Brittany, in the very least, she knew Bruce's behaviour was unsavoury.
As you say, for someone untrained or unfamiliar with such a situation, i could be very stressful and traumatic, especially as Brown's role was typically not in the public eye.
I have little sympathy for Reynolds...in fact, I feel she has deflected a lot of the burden of the initial part of the saga towards Brown.
Reynolds truly is a unique piece of work......

I feel for both Brown and Reynolds, even though one of them is a bit of a bitch. Both have suffered demonstrable mental and/or physical health issues.

Without the false allegations made against them, then I doubt most in here would even know who Reynolds was and we would definitely have NFI who Brown was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Linda has acted so jealously and vindictive I reckon she wanted more than a mere apology from them.

Yeh I think we all know Reynolds wouldn't have settled for an apology. Reynolds wants to martyr on publicly, seizing the opportunity to test and firm up loyalties within her own party including Morrison, gathering intelligence along the way with her ultimate goal of breaking Higgins. This appeals to the more vicious elements of the public who invested so heavily going against Higgins and Reynolds will claim champion.

Even if she only gets $5 at the end, she'll spin it with the help of Albrechtsen, as a victory.

Interesting. And before Cabinet Minister, she was a brigadier.

I wonder why she took a pay cut to become a senator?
Isn't it obvious?

She became a Liberal Party politician to further her goal of being a :

'passionate champion for gender equality and female empowerment in politics and in society more generally'

I feel for both Brown and Reynolds, even though one of them is a bit of a bitch. Both have suffered demonstrable mental and/or physical health issues.

Without the false allegations made against them, then I doubt most in here would even know who Reynolds was and we would definitely have NFI who Brown was.

Lee didn't offer a judgement against Higgins for false allegations, if he fuelled Reynold's action. It remains to be seen yet whether Lee's comments will be drawn on through this trial.

Yeh I think we all know Reynolds wouldn't have settled for an apology. Reynolds wants to martyr on publicly, seizing the opportunity to test and firm up loyalties within her own party including Morrison, gathering intelligence along the way with her ultimate goal of breaking Higgins. This appeals to the more vicious elements of the public who invested so heavily going against Higgins and Reynolds will claim champion.

Even if she only gets $5 at the end, she'll spin it with the help of Albrechtsen, as a victory.
How do we 'all know' that?
My reading is indeed she would have settled for an apology with an admission that she was wrongly accused of being complicit in any fictional cover-up and/or the rape itself.

The rest of your post is just conspiracy laden nonsense to be brutally honest.

Isn't it obvious?

She became a Liberal Party politician to further her goal of being a :

'passionate champion for gender equality and female empowerment in politics and in society more generally'
She must have found Higgins' claims particularly galling in this context.

Lee didn't offer a judgement against Higgins for false allegations, if he fuelled Reynold's action. It remains to be seen yet whether Lee's comments will be drawn on through this trial.
Of course he didn't because the case he was presiding over was Lehrmann vs Ten/Wilkinson not Higgins vs Reynolds. It was not his place to offer a formal judgement.

Of course he didn't because the case he was presiding over was Lehrmann vs Ten/Wilkinson not Higgins vs Reynolds. It was not his place to offer a formal judgement.

Nor did he have ALL the information to do so, which is why I'm going to ignore his comments as irrelevant through this defamation trial.

How do we 'all know' that?
My reading is indeed she would have settled for an apology with an admission that she was wrongly accused of being complicit in any fictional cover-up and/or the rape itself.

The rest of your post is just conspiracy laden nonsense to be brutally honest.

Just stop with your accusations of conspiracy nonsense.

According to you it's not a conspiracy when anybody from the RW makes assessments but it is when you perceive anybody from the LW making them and you use the term to discredit and diminish their contributions.

Anybody with half a degree of awareness can read this situation and knows Reynolds would not have simply accepted an apology. She hasn't before, she demands monetary compensation.

Even the fact that he felt Lehrmann had r*ped Higgins ????

His task was to adjudicate on Wilkinson's truth defence that Lehrmann r*ped Higgins, which he did.

Do you not even see your contradictions here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back