Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
So Reynolds has been a senator for 10 years @ $200k per year, and is going to lose her house?

wtf has she been spending her money on?
Her husband seems to like throwing mobile phones away all the time so maybe the cost of those adds up.

Last edited:

Lee didn't offer a judgement against Higgins for false allegations...

Whilst undertaken through the proxy of Network 10, Lee did though. Multiple times. Thoroughly. And very clearly.

1723603906735.png

1723601883672.png

His task was to adjudicate on Wilkinson's truth defence that Lehrmann r*ped Higgins, which he did.

No, his task was to independently analyse all of the information before him, including the false representations from Higgins (Sharaz), which he did with aplomb:

1723603652217.png

So for the avoidance of doubt, had Lee not found that a sexual assault had occurred on the balance of probability, he did find Network 10 guilty of defamation.

Why was 10 guilty of defamation? Because Higgins' false allegations of the political cover-up wasn't just a 'misremembering', but rather a strategic "crafting of a narrative" (Lee) by a post-Sharaz Higgins and Network 10 did two-fifths of **** all to find out if the claims were true or not.

Your desire to perennially paint Higgins as a 'pure as the driven snow freedom fighter' echoes Wilkinson (and Quill), who's post-verdict actions and media campaign prompted Lee to state at the very start of the Costs Verdict:

1723604896284.png

Network 10 and Maiden gave little care about about the rape. They mostly cared about the political cover-up. The political cover-up is a false accusation and it has been very damaging.

This current case, whilst I disagree with its existence wholeheartedly, is a The Butterfly Effect echo from the false allegations.

And before you go "TL", please just read it. It contains important information, that might be hard reading given your viewpoint, but it's important. Plus, the use of "TL;DR" is more "twee" jason_recliner than my perennial use of "omnishambles"! :tonguewink:

Attachments

• 1723604777767.png
    1723604777767.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
Your desire to perennially paint Higgins as a 'pure as the driven snow freedom fighter' echoes Wilkinson (and Quill), who's post-verdict actions and media campaign prompted Lee to state at the very start of the Costs Verdict:

Excuse me?

Are you suggesting I'm attempting to paint Higgins as 'pure as the driven snow freedom fighter'? If you are, it's revolting.

No, his task was to independently analyse all of the information before him, including the false representations from Higgins (Sharaz), which he did with aplomb:

You're suggesting that Lee was in fact tasked with adjudicating on the issue of defamation? (Edit: Against Reynolds)

Last edited:
Are you suggesting I'm attempting to paint Higgins as 'pure as the driven snow freedom fighter'? If you are, it's revolting.

You quoted this so fast that you literally haven't even done anything other than scan my post for something that frustrated you.

The contents are important. Address the issues at hand please.

Not suggesting it; it is an established fact that that is what his role was for many months of his life in the biggest case of his career.

And he nailed every aspect of it! Read the whole verdict FFS...

It's my option to not be that interested in what Lee said outside of the core issue of rape, which is what this thread is about.

Unless of course Higgins or Sharaz have committed a crime? If they have they should be charged.

You're clinging on to what Lee said, which are comments forming part of a judgement but not what he was asked specifically to adjudicate which was essentially the question of whether Higgins was r*ped. That finding has been made.

Now we're on to a separate trial, in a different jurisdiction, with an almost entirely different witness list and with new information, where findings are to be made on a question of the defamation of Reynolds.

Unless Lee's comments are drawn on through this trial, it seems to be irrelevant to me.

Do you think Lee's comments will be drawn on in this trial?

And he nailed every aspect of it! Read the whole verdict FFS...

FYI, I've read all that at least three times now.

Relaxed Puppy GIF

The Murdoch press have given Liberal Senator Linda Reynolds a 2000 word feature puff piece for her private civil action against rape victim Brittany Higgins, written of course by Janet Albrechtsen.

Its bias and errors of fact are galling.

But it does have its supporters…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I feel this whole situation is unfortunate for both sides.
On one side, Brittany obviously hasn’t had support from anyone at any time following the alleged rape because they would have encouraged her to seek more support, support towards her healing.
On the other hand you have Linda, who has been made to look like she should have been the be end all of Brittany seeking support and healing.
The true villain of a rape, is the rapist.

Personally I feel this whole situation is unfortunate for both sides.
On one side, Brittany obviously hasn’t had support from anyone at any time following the alleged rape because they would have encouraged her to seek more support, support towards her healing.
On the other hand you have Linda, who has been made to look like she should have been the be end all of Brittany seeking support and healing.
The true villain of a rape, is the rapist.

Correct on all fronts.

The one thing that is a bit off though is that Higgins gave Reynolds flowers and thanked her for her support, which is undisputed by Higgins in multiple trials under oath.

“She thanked me for being a great boss and being understanding and presented me with flowers. I genuinely wished her well in her new position.”

It's hard for Reynolds or Brown to have corrected their supposedly negative behaviour when they're getting positive feedback...

Correct on all fronts.

The one thing that is a bit off though is that Higgins gave Reynolds flowers and thanked her for her support, which is undisputed by Higgins in multiple trials under oath.

“She thanked me for being a great boss and being understanding and presented me with flowers. I genuinely wished her well in her new position.”

It's hard for Reynolds or Brown to have corrected their supposedly negative behaviour when they're getting positive feedback...
You have to ask yourself why someone, who was supposedly treated so badly by their boss, does this?

You have to ask yourself why someone, who was supposedly treated so badly by their boss, does this?

Do we know exactly at what stage, the flowers were sent to Reynolds?

Higgins might be asked to explain this when she takes the stand.

Do we know exactly at what stage, the flowers were sent to Reynolds?

Higgins might be asked to explain this when she takes the stand.
I think I remember it being mentioned in the trial and also texts to Brown thanking her also. Then she flipped and decided they were the enemy and had treated her badly.

I think I remember it being mentioned in the trial and also texts to Brown thanking her also. Then she flipped and decided they were the enemy and had treated her badly.

When the flowers were sent and how long between then and the flip, is important.

"The court heard that in the June 7, 2019 messages, Ms Brown wished Ms Higgins “all the best with your new gig”.

Ms Higgins replied: “Thank you, I wanted to say this in person but I can’t overstate how much I value your support and advice throughout this period.

“You have been absolutely incredible and I’m so appreciative.”

Why is the time between thanking her and Brown and then flipping and saying they didn't help her make a difference?

Well, it would raise my eyebrows if Higgins sent flowers and thanks one week before she sat down for The Project interview with Wilkinson, not so much if it was in the immediate aftermath of making the allegations.

Well, it would raise my eyebrows if Higgins sent flowers and thanks one week before she sat down for The Project interview with Wilkinson, not so much if it was in the immediate aftermath of making the allegations.
So are you saying it wasn't until David Sharaz came into her life that she changed her mind about what happened regarding Reynolds/Brown?

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back