Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:

If I remember this correctly, it was Sam Maiden who first framed the cleaning of the couch as being "steam cleaned"?

This has been often discussed in here and discredited as a lie but we can clearly see here that as early as 3rd April, in contemporaneous diary notes taken by an AFP officer, the couch was "steam cleaned".

Note, mention of the lounge being steamed cleaned and they didn't want the matter reported until after the budget.

Or was the couch only presented as having been "steam cleaned" to suggest there was no point in doing a forensic examination, that it would be a waste of time?

None
Do we know if Reynolds was successful with her application to subpoena Mullins and Higgins private exchanges? I don't think that should have been allowed, if so.

Have heard that the request has just been denied by Justice Tottle, but can't find confirmation as yet.

Liberal senator Linda Reynolds was 'rolled up in a ball' over Brittany Higgins allegations, court told​

Senator Linda Reynolds consistently received "dirty looks", stopped going out in public and feared her career was over after being accused of failing to support an alleged rape victim, her best friend has told a WA court.

Meanwhile, her brother has described the shock of seeing his "hard-working" sister "on her couch in her pyjamas rolled up in a ball".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08...ggins-david-sharaz-defamation-trial/104226160

Ok. To clarify further rape is s 38 under the crimes act.
Can't quote the whole thing on my phone but
rape is sexual penetration without consent. Obvious what that means. Now
Sub sections
A person does not consent if they submit because of
Force or fear
Unlawful detention
Etc etc other examples
Affect of drugs or alcohol.
Now 2 really grey areas spring to mind here. How is submission legally defined? Someone a wasn't really in the mood but agreed to say please a partner? Thought what the hell nothing on TV? Or b cowered in fear?
And affect of drugs and alcohol. Is a glass of light beer or rose enough to get someone inebriated or a bottle of scotch? A drink drive law for example says .05 is the limit doesn't matter if a raging alcoholic went dry for a day or someone drinking for the first time in years got behind a wheel. And no drugs at all. Ice bender or smoked a joint last night.
But here it's open to interpretation. Even a statement I.e. reasonable person would suffice
Not trying to start a shit fight but whole law needs to be re written. It just isn't clear
And I'm not suggesting anything happened like that in the bh bl case. Just had no where else to put response
Not really. That's where common sense and what's reasonable is determined in court. Same as for many laws.

The Parliament House Security - Executive Summary of events.

Geeze there's a lot of people who knew about this.

View attachment 2081145

View attachment 2081146

So, LH , would have had a daily brief on everything thats occured , like a handover, as is normal.

Poor BH.

Lets get the place cleaned asap......

Disgusting.

maybe, just maybe LR is feeling remorse.

ye, scratch that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberal senator Linda Reynolds was 'rolled up in a ball' over Brittany Higgins allegations, court told​

Senator Linda Reynolds consistently received "dirty looks", stopped going out in public and feared her career was over after being accused of failing to support an alleged rape victim, her best friend has told a WA court.

Meanwhile, her brother has described the shock of seeing his "hard-working" sister "on her couch in her pyjamas rolled up in a ball".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08...ggins-david-sharaz-defamation-trial/104226160

No doubt here this was a horrible experience for Reynolds, she was reprimanded by Morrison, told to sort it out and all this going in to a federal election which they lost, then she was relegated to the back bench for which she probably felt a little humiliated.

She took a few knocks ... that's politics.

This is a person who was Minister of Defence in the Australian Government and a Brigadier in the Australian Army. Responsible for decisions on sending young Australians into war and combat.

And here she was, in her pyjamas rolled up in a ball crying because of ‘dirty looks’ and she thought her career was under threat.

Two takeaways from that:

1. FMD we’re all doomed if that’s the quality of defence leadership in Australia; and

2. FRO with your self centred BS Senator Reynolds.

Last edited:
That’s a lot of people. Did not one of these people follow up with Brittany re her welfare after she went home?
Is there a following summary?

I can't remember reading anything about anybody following up after Higgins went home.

I can't remember reading anything about anybody following up after Higgins went home.
Wouldn’t this be duty of care? Or did they Wait to see if Brittany showed up for work on a Monday, when this happened at PH on Friday night/Saturday morning?
A woman found naked and left alone in the office while the person she rocked up with had left?
Then not approached by anyone until she went in for a meeting later in the morning?
I’m interested if there was any follow up between this.

Last edited:
Cant read twitter but im tipping she wont be called

Reynolds failed at getting a subpoena for Funnell, who says she's never even spoken to Higgins or Sharaz. The reason Reynold's lawyer claimed they needed the subpoena was to ascertain aggravation.

No doubt here this was a horrible experience for Reynolds, she was reprimanded by Morrison, told to sort it out and all this going in to a federal election which they lost, then she was relegated to the back bench for which she probably felt a little humiliated.

She took a few knocks ... that's politics.

You could craft the wildly inaccurate narrative that you've just made, or you could actually read the quotes from her brother who was testifying under oath:

Chance of a cover up 'nil': brother​

Her brother, Andrew Reynolds, told the court the "main shock" after reading articles detailing those allegations was the idea his sister would cover something up.

"I've known Linda my entire life; the chances, in my opinion, of her trying to hide something like this would have been nil," he said.

"She's been fighting for women's issues, for justice, all of her life, the idea she would stand aside and try and cover it up, I think the best word is risible."

It is quite extraordinary seeing posters in here virtue-signalling their unwavering support for a female victim of crime, by throwing multiple female victims of a crime under a bus.

It is quite extraordinary seeing posters in here virtue-signalling their unwavering support for a female victim of crime, by throwing multiple female victims of a crime under a bus.

Has anybody been charged with a crime against the former Minister for Defence, Reynolds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back