Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
When someone derides you with words such as "princess" and "girlfriend" then Reynolds' and Brown's gender is relevant when determining the motive of the poster.

I've always thought that those continuing the believe in the disproven political cover-up angle were just blind believers of everything Higgins said or felt, or political shills. But I guess you can throw misogyny in there too.
or not.

If Reynolds is running out of money, who is paying for the bots?

Up until this defamation trial, if I wanted to look at what twitter was saying about it all, I needed to do a specific search to find anything.

Now anti Reynolds tweets are streaming down my feed, they're overwhelmingly negative so I'd be interested in an analysis and suspect this defamation trial has done more to damage to her reputation than a junior staffer and her boyfriend could ever have done.

Up until this defamation trial, if I wanted to look at what twitter was saying about it all after the rape trial, I needed to do a specific search to find anything.

Now anti Reynolds tweets are streaming down my feed, they're overwhelmingly negative so I'd be interested in an analysis and suspect this defamation trial has done more to damage her reputation than a junior staffer and her boyfriend could ever have done.
So true, before, now and after people are going to have their opinion, some anti Reynolds, some for.
I really wonder what chance Reynold’s has of winning this and any money she might receive is not going to change people’s opinions of her or her reputation. Better to try and move forward than continue down this road and let Brittany move forward and heal.

So true, before, now and after people are going to have their opinion, some anti Reynolds, some for.
I really wonder what chance Reynold’s has of winning this and any money she might receive is not going to change people’s opinions of her or her reputation. Better to try and move forward than continue down this road and let Brittany move forward and heal.
Agree, but not sure thats what LR wants.

What's your issue with it? They're clearly legitimate.
The story has been around for a long time. This from Samantha Maiden July 2023. So not new information, just a litany of confusion and buck passing. Interesting that they did not implicate Brown or Reynolds at all.

"Ms Reynolds and her chief of staff Fiona Brown were told nothing and had no knowledge the room was being cleaned."

The story has been around for a long time. This from Samantha Maiden July 2023. So not new information, just a litany of confusion and buck passing. Interesting that they did not implicate Brown or Reynolds at all.

That still doesn't answer the question of whether or not Cross's full diary notes were presented as evidence at the Wilkinson/10 defamation trial that Lee based his findings on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That still doesn't answer the question of whether or not Cross's full diary notes were presented as evidence at the Wilkinson/10 defamation trial that Lee based his findings on.

I don't even know if it makes a lot of difference. The only information I can find that has Higgins calling a coverup is in a broad sense "political coverup", not a specific allegation against Reynolds.

I don't know if he had the specifics of what he had, but he did refer to contemporaneous notes by Assistant Commissioner Close (he corrected the fact that she was sometimes incorrectly referred to as Cross) about other matters.

And I've already stated, the "steam clean" was never mentioned by the respondents as it was clearly a simple mix up as to what took place, when it was an out of hours office clean as described by Carlos Ramos in the criminal trial.

Anyone can have mental health issues. Seen the strongest of people go from very healthy, physically and mentally people go on deep path of darkness.
Linda made sure many Australians had deep mental health issues with Robodebt, and she did not give one single ****.

I don't know if he had the specifics of what he had, but he did refer to contemporaneous notes by Assistant Commissioner Close (he corrected the fact that she was sometimes incorrectly referred to as Cross) about other matters.

And I've already stated, the "steam clean" was never mentioned by the respondents as it was clearly a simple mix up as to what took place, when it was an out of hours office clean as described by Carlos Ramos in the criminal trial.

I don't recall seeing her name on the witness list, or the Assistant Commissioner of Police with an explanation of who actually said the couch had been steam cleaned originally.

There's also her diary notes of the first conversation she had with Reynolds and Brown, which I'd never even heard of before.

Here's Bill Shorten in March 2021, contradicting Morrison's sworn Supreme Court evidence, quite boldly and in writing, stating Morrison is punishing Reynolds for calling Higgins a "lying cow" and demoting her to Government Services, Robodebt and the NDIS portfolios.

Can anybody be sued here? :tonguewink:

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has delivered a blow to working Australians and people living with a disability through the appointment of disgraced minister Linda Reynolds to the Government Services and NDIS portfolios.

Minister Reynolds is being ‘punished’ for calling a staff member who reported being the victim of an alleged rape a “lying cow”, and will now be in charge of the Liberals ongoing Robodebt disaster, as well as its secret plans to slash the NDIS.

Linda made sure many Australians had deep mental health issues with Robodebt, and she did not give one single ****.
Linda was responsible for robodebt?
Regardless, my comment was about how anyone can suffer from mental health issues.

Last edited:
I must have missed this as well. Reynolds has been claiming over and over that she never doubted Higgins claims but there was this on the Spotlight segment:

her (Reynolds) agreement to a comment by a Channel 7 journalist that Ms Higgins was given a payout by the federal government "on the basis of a crime that may not have been committed".

Linda was responsible for robodebt?
Regardless, my comment was about how anyone can suffer from mental health issues.
I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at this

So forgive me for not caring about Linda Reynolds mental health as she didn't care for anyone elses, I had a good mate take his life from Robodebt.

I must have missed this as well. Reynolds has been claiming over and over that she never doubted Higgins claims but there was this on the Spotlight segment:

her (Reynolds) agreement to a comment by a Channel 7 journalist that Ms Higgins was given a payout by the federal government "on the basis of a crime that may not have been committed".

From memory she was asked directly in that interview whether she thought that a rape had occurred and she said she didn't know and that there are only two people who do know.

I think you're reading too much into a statement that is directed more at the payout that was devoid of any due diligence whatsoever, particularly in the instance of a payout for the mishandling / suppression of her case, which has since proven to be false.

Ultimately Reynolds' actions were never of someone who disbelieved Higgins. Indeed she wanted the authorities to investigate it.

So forgive me for not caring about Linda Reynolds mental health as she didn't care for anyone elses, I had a good mate take his life from Robodebt.
I’m not going to defend Linda for the robodebt catastrophe. I do believe that she was defence Minister at the time robedebt was implemented, but the liberal party have a lot to answer for and yes Linda’s part in not wanting to release the legal advice to Dept of social services at the time of implementation to the public.
Saw many people myself affected by robodebt and I’m genuinely sorry to hear that about your mate.

And not forgetting that 'most of the pressure that led to her unravelling came from the moment Reynolds lost her temper in her office that night and called Higgins a “lying cow” in front of several staff members.'

Reynolds’ chief of staff at the time, Alexandra Kelton, told the court how she and then media adviser Kate Chappell had to go and discuss the matter with their boss.

“I understand that in front of a number of staff you might have expressed that Brittany was a lying cow,” Kelton recalls saying to the minister.

“She looked surprised. I took that at the time [to mean] that she didn’t necessarily realise that she had said that, but she immediately said that it was not in relation to the incident.”

Kelton recalls Reynolds went on to suggest she was “very upset about the reporting of the handling afterwards”.

i.e., as we are seeing with what is being revealed in the WA Supreme Court at the moment - in highly publicised civil action against a rape victim that Senator Reynolds is solely responsible for bringing to court - the emotional pressure being wrought from the poor public perception of her is mostly the result of her own actions. And NOT from the handful of social media posts made by Ms Higgins or her dodgy partner Sharaz that Reynolds is basing her legal action on and which most people have never seen.

Last edited:
From memory she was asked directly in that interview whether she thought that a rape had occurred and she said she didn't know and that there are only two people who do know.

Reynolds then agreed that a crime may not have been committed. Reynolds can't keep contradicting herself, recanting evidence or changing her story to suit with the expectation people will sympathise with her position, particularly when she's showing Higgins absolutely no mercy.

Moving on anyway, here's Reynolds clearly saying only one year ago that Higgins has every right to tell her story.

It was her story to tell, just because it didn't match my recollection of events it doesn't invalidate her right to tell her story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back