Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Reynolds then agreed that a crime may not have been committed. Reynolds can't keep contradicting herself, recanting evidence or changing her story to suit with the expectation people will sympathise with her position, particularly when she's showing Higgins absolutely no mercy.

Moving on anyway, here's Reynolds clearly saying only one year ago that Higgins has every right to tell her story.

It was her story to tell, just because it didn't match my recollection of events it doesn't invalidate her right to tell her story.

It's pretty laughable, but sadly predictable, the way the Reynolds' cheer squad attempt to tie up the way Senator Reynolds acted with the way her CoS (Fiona Brown) acted in dealing with the Brittany Higgins rape allegations.

As we now know, the difference between their respective actions and responses in the immediate aftermath of hearing Ms Higgins allegations could not have been more stark. The evidence shows that despite the lack of training and support available to her, Ms Brown showed an acute awareness of and responsiveness to Higgins' emotional condition and her need for agency after the rape - Reynolds did not and still does not understand any of that despite recanting past words and here feeble attempt at revising history.

It's pretty laughable, but sadly predictable, the way the Reynolds' cheer squad attempt to tie up the way Senator Reynolds acted with the way her CoS (Fiona Brown) acted in dealing with the Brittany Higgins rape allegations.

As we now know, the difference between their respective actions and responses in the immediate aftermath of hearing Ms Higgins allegations could not have been more stark. The evidence shows that despite the lack of training and support available to her, Ms Brown showed an acute awareness of and responsiveness to Higgins' emotional condition and her need for agency after the rape - Reynolds did not and still does not understand any of that despite recanting past words and here feeble attempt at revising history.
I still don’t understand why this was being reported as a security breach.

Wouldn't you think that the Security people would have refused them entry if it was in breach of the rules?
and why, if security staff and ministers attended PH to do welfare checks because of the appeared state of BH, why BH initial meeting with her boss was dealing with a security breach?

Last edited:
Yes unfortunately it was a breach but between Saturday morning and nearly Monday lunch time, it was still solely being treated as a security breach.
Do you think that it was because BH was found in the Ministers private office in a state of undress? She was not in the workspace where they said they would be to do something work related. How did they access this area, shouldn't it have been locked?

Do you think that it was because BH was found in the Ministers private office in a state of undress? She was not in the workspace where they said they would be to do something work related. How did they access this area, shouldn't it have been locked?
No I think it would be a concern (and evidently was with staff attending on the Saturday, but BH had left.) I haven’t seen any information about when anyone from PH spoke with BH to check on her welfare.
From what I’ve seen BH first meeting was after Bruce’s on the Monday re security breach.
Not sure if just the suites are meant to be locked or rooms too.

Last edited:
No I think it would be a concern (and evidently was with staff attending on the Saturday, but BH had left.) I haven’t seen any information about when anyone from PH spoke with BH to check on her welfare.
From what I’ve seen BH first meeting was after Bruce’s on the Monday re security breach.
The security guard did a welfare check on her and found her asleep. As far as they were concerned there was NO 'security breach'!!.

"A Parliament House security guard on duty the night of the alleged rape of Brittany Higgins has revealed her “shock” at finding the Liberal staffer naked and asleep in a ministerial office but questioned the Prime Minister’s claim the incident involved a security breach.
Nikola Anderson, an experienced and veteran security guard who has worked at Parliament House for over a decade, told ABC’s Four Corners how she found Ms Higgins.

“As I opened the door, I noticed that the female was lying on her back, completely naked, on the lounge that was adjacent to the door, for which I’ve gone, ‘Oh’,” she told Four Corners.

“Oh God. And I mean, oh God, because I’ve never come across anything like that.

“The sound of the door or the breeze of the door opening has then made the female open her eyes, look at me. And then she’s rolled over onto her side.

“So, therefore, my [take] on it was that she’s conscious. She’s breathing. She doesn’t look like she’s in distress. She’s just sleeping off her night. And with that, I shut the door, and I exited the room.”
But Ms Anderson insisted she had no reason to believe an alleged crime had been committed and now fears she could be scapegoated in any inquiry.

“I made sure her dignity was intact by shutting this door ... I was trying to do the right thing by keeping her dignity intact.”

Last edited:
The security guard did and welfare check on her and found her asleep. As far as they were concerned there was NO 'security breach'!!.

"A Parliament House security guard on duty the night of the alleged rape of Brittany Higgins has revealed her “shock” at finding the Liberal staffer naked and asleep in a ministerial office but questioned the Prime Minister’s claim the incident involved a security breach.
Nikola Anderson, an experienced and veteran security guard who has worked at Parliament House for over a decade, told ABC’s Four Corners how she found Ms Higgins.

“As I opened the door, I noticed that the female was lying on her back, completely naked, on the lounge that was adjacent to the door, for which I’ve gone, ‘Oh’,” she told Four Corners.

“Oh God. And I mean, oh God, because I’ve never come across anything like that.

“The sound of the door or the breeze of the door opening has then made the female open her eyes, look at me. And then she’s rolled over onto her side.

“So, therefore, my [take] on it was that she’s conscious. She’s breathing. She doesn’t look like she’s in distress. She’s just sleeping off her night. And with that, I shut the door, and I exited the room.”
But Ms Anderson insisted she had no reason to believe an alleged crime had been committed and now fears she could be scapegoated in any inquiry.

“I made sure her dignity was intact by shutting this door ... I was trying to do the right thing by keeping her dignity intact.”
Yeah sounds like it was a concern to the security officer.

Yes, exactly. She was clearly drunk and asleep. What else was she supposed to do?
Not the security officers. It’s a duty of care for employers to make sure their staff are ok, their wellbeing.
My question is, has this been done or was it being approached as a security breach with no contact with BH before this?

Not the security officers. It’s a duty of care for employers to make sure their staff are ok, their wellbeing.
My question is, has this been done or was it being approached as a security breach with no contact with BH before this?
She said as far as she was concerned there was NO security breach! BH & BL entered the suite, he left alone at 2.35am after which the security guard checked on her and found her asleep on the couch with no clothes on. “The sound of the door or the breeze of the door opening has then made the female open her eyes, look at me. And then she’s rolled over onto her side.

“So, therefore, my [take] on it was that she’s conscious. She’s breathing. She doesn’t look like she’s in distress. She’s just sleeping off her night. And with that, I shut the door, and I exited the room.

“Security did do what they could, and would have done more had it have been required.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She said as far as she was concerned there was NO security breach! BH & BL entered the suite, he left alone at 2.35am after which the security guard checked on her and found her asleep on the couch with no clothes on. “The sound of the door or the breeze of the door opening has then made the female open her eyes, look at me. And then she’s rolled over onto her side.

“So, therefore, my [take] on it was that she’s conscious. She’s breathing. She doesn’t look like she’s in distress. She’s just sleeping off her night. And with that, I shut the door, and I exited the room.

“Security did do what they could, and would have done more had it have been required.”

Security did what they could do.
They even called Ministers in to do a welfare check but B had gone.
I’m meaning a follow up face to face welfare check with B by her employer not by security. Security aren’t her employer.
B was found naked, alone, and intoxicated after being in the presence of a male who had left her there possibly in that state.

Reynolds then agreed that a crime may not have been committed.

And it "may" not have been because only two people 'know' for certain what happened.

Ultimately, any opinion that you, I, Reynolds, Justice Lee, the jury members of the criminal trial, Justice Tottle and any punter on this board is one based on probability.

Lee's verdict was on the balance of probabilities.

Even the criminal standard of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" provides for the fact that in most cases, you can't 'know' for certain, hence the term "reasonable" before doubt.

Anyway, Reynolds' interview on Spotlight was pretty benign. As Justice Lee said:

As we will also see, when examined properly and without partiality, the cover-upallegation was objectively short on facts, but long on speculation and internal inconsistencies – trying to particularise itduring the evidence was like trying to grab a column of smoke.

Your recent rabbit holing on the "steam clean" and now Reynolds' select statements from an interview is some serious column of smoke grabbing.

Your recent rabbit holing on the "steam clean" and now Reynolds' select statements from an interview is some serious column of smoke grabbing.

I'd have asked to see the Assistant Commissioner's notes, if I'm not hung up on a cover up. I'd be satisfied the involved were acting in self interest, not Brittany's.

Reynold's actions now with this defamation trial, is simply consistent with her acting in self interest.

Have another look at that interview with Reynolds at about 3:40. She doesn't believe Higgins was or indicated she was r*ped, still undermining her in 2023.

Security did what they could do.
They even called Ministers in to do a welfare check but B had gone.
I’m meaning a follow up face to face welfare check with B by her employer not by security. Security aren’t her employer.
B was found naked, alone, and intoxicated after being in the presence of a male who had left her there possibly in that state.
Absolutely no evidence that anything happened except a girl who had drunk too much alcohol fell asleep on a couch. She woke up, dressed and left the building under her own steam.

Absolutely no evidence that anything happened except a girl who had drunk too much alcohol fell asleep on a couch. She woke up, dressed and left the building under her own steam.

You left out the bit where Higgins was found either half naked or totally naked passed out on the Minister for Defence's sofa and that the person she went in with, had done a runner.

PH security breached security?
I’m more meaning (and trying to word this properly) that Linda in the video above (post 1631) said that after speaking with others and when she called B in to her office they were still dealing with a security breach.
Any initial follow up with B surely needed to be to check on her welfare, not straight into a security breach meeting.

You left out the bit where Higgins was found either half naked or totally naked passed out on the Minister for Defence's sofa and that the person she went in with, had done a runner.
You could spin it like that and eventually that's exactly what she did. However, to all intents an purpose, it was simply a girl who drank more than she should, was somewhere she shouldn't have been, was dressed inappropriately and the person with whom she had arrived had left to go home.

If it weren't for him being sacked and her being afraid she would also be sacked, I believe we'd be none the wiser. No rape allegation. No cover-up allegation. No political leverage. No rape trial. No defamation trial. No 2nd defamation trial. Nil. Nada.

You could spin it like that and eventually that's exactly what she did. However, to all intents an purpose, it was simply a girl who drank more than she should, was somewhere she shouldn't have been, was dressed inappropriately and the person with whom she had arrived had left to go home.

If it weren't for him being sacked and her being afraid she would also be sacked, I believe we'd be none the wiser. No rape allegation. No cover-up allegation. No political leverage. No rape trial. No defamation trial. No 2nd defamation trial. Nil. Nada.

If it was as simple as that, we wouldn't have seen all this action:

PHSS.jpg

PHSS1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back