Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Update BH no longer testifying
Lawyer claims they no longer need her to.prove their case. Also confidential medical records tendered to the court.
They either have a slam dunk theory, health issues or have chucked the towel in figuratively.
Can't see how you provide truth defence to pressure without testifying.
This whole thing just gets stranger and stranger.

Last edited:

You could spin it like that and eventually that's exactly what she did. However, to all intents an purpose, it was simply a girl who drank more than she should, was somewhere she shouldn't have been, was dressed inappropriately and the person with whom she had arrived had left to go home.

If it weren't for him being sacked and her being afraid she would also be sacked, I believe we'd be none the wiser. No rape allegation. No cover-up allegation. No political leverage. No rape trial. No defamation trial. No 2nd defamation trial. Nil. Nada.
If security did their job - Nada - correct. Beggers belief.

They either have a slam dunk theory health issues or have chicked the towel in figuratively.

If it ain't health issues, then they'd have presented the 'slam dunk theory' in remediations or somehow squeezed it into recent proceedings and forced a withdrawal.

Higgins has demonstrably suffered under the spotlight and remediation.

I'm sure they've got a strategy, but I'm still guessing health is primary and fair enough.

Last edited:
LR appears unhappy, she cant have it out in court.

serious pathology in play imo
And quite apart from the sheer lack of self awareness and empathy for a woman r*ped in her office, the whole basis of Reynolds' case seems fundamentally flawed to many of us..

I mean, Reynolds could have done what her other employee and (alleged) rapist Bruce Lehrmann did and take Channel Ten, Lisa Wilkinson and Ms Higgins to court over comments made in the Project interview, but she didn't. Her action in the WA Supreme Court is based solely around supposed reputational damage and harm caused by instagram posts which happened well AFTER that program aired. And not one moment of her own testimony or that of her witnesses has made those social media posts a focal point of their evidence. It is quite bizarre imho.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘Deeply disturbing’ impact on Linda Reynolds after Brittany Higgins allegations, Marise Payne tells court​

Payne said she was also worried for Reynolds following Higgins’ allegations about the Morrison government’s response to the 2019 incident.

“[Senator Reynolds] had a long-standing reputation for her interest in and support of women’s participation in the political process ... any issues which raised questions about her commitment and her level of commitment in that way would obviously be concerning for her,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...s-allegations-marise-payne-tells-trial-ntwnfb

Abc are on to it

Reynolds tried to get a contempt of court order over the twitter bots. :tearsofjoy:

Lawyers representing Senator Reynolds sought a contempt of court order from Justice Paul Tottle, who is presiding over the defamation trial.

However, Justice Tottle questioned whether such an order "would have any effect whatsoever", noting none of the posts came from a mainstream media organisation.

"A warning issued in this court out into the Twittersphere ... may serve no real purpose at all," he said.

Reynolds tried to get a contempt of court order over the twitter bots. :tearsofjoy:

Lawyers representing Senator Reynolds sought a contempt of court order from Justice Paul Tottle, who is presiding over the defamation trial.

However, Justice Tottle questioned whether such an order "would have any effect whatsoever", noting none of the posts came from a mainstream media organisation.

"A warning issued in this court out into the Twittersphere ... may serve no real purpose at all," he said.
Jeezus, that's lawyers for the former Australian Minister of Defence calling for a contempt order from a Western Australian Supreme Court judge to stop bot postings on social media.

FMD, Tottle must've been struggling to hold his laughter in.

Jeezus, that's lawyers for the former Minister of Defence calling for a contempt order from a Western Australian Supreme Court judge to stop bot postings on social media.

FMD, in a trial that's been full of idiocy, that's as dumb as it gets. Tottle must've been struggling to hold his laughter in.
Every billable hour matters.

Probably more intended to signal to any social media posters, and everyone in general, that the Reynolds team is prepared to spend up (on their lawyers) to go after anyone on social media that might diss team Reynolds, or support team Higgins/Sharaz in this case.

It would be good to know why Reynolds hasn't pursued Plibersek this far and what Plibersek may have been referring to with regard her comment "all legal options are on the table". Maybe Reynolds is just marking time, waiting on the decision in the current trial.

In June last year.

The Australian newspaper reported on Tuesday night that Reynolds had issued the concerns notice after Plibersek’s appearance on Sunrise on Monday. Asked about claims Katy Gallagher had misled the Senate, Plibersek said: “this is not the central point here.”

“The central point here is that a young woman made an allegation that she had been sexually assaulted in her workplace and that it had been inappropriately investigated, even covered up by her employers.”

The Australian reported Reynolds’ lawyers had written to Plibersek, raising concerns that she had implied Reynolds had acted inappropriately and attempted to “hide the commission of a criminal offence”.

In a statement to Guardian Australia, Reynolds confirmed she had issued the notice.

“I can confirm that yesterday, my lawyers issued a Concerns Notice to Ms Tanya Plibersek in relation to comments she made to Channel 7 Sunrise host Natalie Barr on 12 June 2023,” the senator said.

“Her comments conveyed the defamatory imputations that I acted to conceal or hide the commission of a criminal offence and also that I acted inappropriately during the investigation of … Brittany Higgins’ allegations”.

Plibersek confirmed she had received the notice, adding a cryptic comment hinting at the prospect of her own legal action.

“I received this interesting letter today. As far as I’m concerned, all legal options are on the table,” she said.

Plibersek’s office would not elaborate on what legal options the minister was referring to.

It would be good to know why Reynolds hasn't pursued Plibersek this far and what Plibersek may have been referring to with regard her comment "all legal options are on the table". Maybe Reynolds is just marking time, waiting on the decision in the current trial.

In June last year.

The Australian newspaper reported on Tuesday night that Reynolds had issued the concerns notice after Plibersek’s appearance on Sunrise on Monday. Asked about claims Katy Gallagher had misled the Senate, Plibersek said: “this is not the central point here.”

“The central point here is that a young woman made an allegation that she had been sexually assaulted in her workplace and that it had been inappropriately investigated, even covered up by her employers.”

The Australian reported Reynolds’ lawyers had written to Plibersek, raising concerns that she had implied Reynolds had acted inappropriately and attempted to “hide the commission of a criminal offence”.

In a statement to Guardian Australia, Reynolds confirmed she had issued the notice.

“I can confirm that yesterday, my lawyers issued a Concerns Notice to Ms Tanya Plibersek in relation to comments she made to Channel 7 Sunrise host Natalie Barr on 12 June 2023,” the senator said.

“Her comments conveyed the defamatory imputations that I acted to conceal or hide the commission of a criminal offence and also that I acted inappropriately during the investigation of … Brittany Higgins’ allegations”.

Plibersek confirmed she had received the notice, adding a cryptic comment hinting at the prospect of her own legal action.

“I received this interesting letter today. As far as I’m concerned, all legal options are on the table,” she said.

Plibersek’s office would not elaborate on what legal options the minister was referring to.
Yep, Pilbersek deserves to go down for such offensive and public slurs. Whether Reynolds has the $$$ and the will, who knows. Maybe she's waiting for her payout from Higgins, then she'll decide.

Yep, Pilbersek deserves to go down for such offensive and public slurs. Whether Reynolds has the $$$ and the will, who knows. Maybe she's waiting for her payout from Higgins, then she'll decide.

It's curious also to me that Plibersek, Wong and Gallagher don't appear to have been called. Surely if the intention is to prove a tortious conspiracy, they would be?

For a current politician representing a party that claimedly champions free speech, Reynolds appears to be going against the grain with her legal threats to silence others.
Where has the Liberal party championed false and offensive public accusations of criminal coverups?

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back