Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
It would be good to know why Reynolds hasn't pursued Plibersek this far and what Plibersek may have been referring to with regard her comment "all legal options are on the table". Maybe Reynolds is just marking time, waiting on the decision in the current trial.

In June last year.

The Australian newspaper reported on Tuesday night that Reynolds had issued the concerns notice after Plibersek’s appearance on Sunrise on Monday. Asked about claims Katy Gallagher had misled the Senate, Plibersek said: “this is not the central point here.”

“The central point here is that a young woman made an allegation that she had been sexually assaulted in her workplace and that it had been inappropriately investigated, even covered up by her employers.”

The Australian reported Reynolds’ lawyers had written to Plibersek, raising concerns that she had implied Reynolds had acted inappropriately and attempted to “hide the commission of a criminal offence”.

In a statement to Guardian Australia, Reynolds confirmed she had issued the notice.

“I can confirm that yesterday, my lawyers issued a Concerns Notice to Ms Tanya Plibersek in relation to comments she made to Channel 7 Sunrise host Natalie Barr on 12 June 2023,” the senator said.

“Her comments conveyed the defamatory imputations that I acted to conceal or hide the commission of a criminal offence and also that I acted inappropriately during the investigation of … Brittany Higgins’ allegations”.

Plibersek confirmed she had received the notice, adding a cryptic comment hinting at the prospect of her own legal action.

“I received this interesting letter today. As far as I’m concerned, all legal options are on the table,” she said.

Plibersek’s office would not elaborate on what legal options the minister was referring to.
Article is over a year old. These entitled Liberals don't mind threatening court action. Reynolds goes after a rape victim, Dutton goes after humanitarians.
They should be both be charged as vexatious litigators.

Where has the Liberal party championed false and offensive public accusations of criminal coverups?
Robodebt. Susan Ley hid the environment report for 6 months. Christian Porter and the other sex pests. Gladys Berejiklian corruption.

Yep, Pilbersek deserves to go down for such offensive and public slurs. Whether Reynolds has the $$$ and the will, who knows. Maybe she's waiting for her payout from Higgins, then she'll decide.

What were you saying about ‘partisan simpletons’

FMD.

Yes, I know what you meant, but it looks like they haven't been called. So they could have been, but they weren't (AFAIK).

So glad we got that cleared up

Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

Poor Linda. Taking up court time to exaggerate her sob story that somehow Brittany Higgins nearly killed her .
It's pathetic.
She was in constant contact with Bruce Lehrman's lawyer giving advice to help a rapist.
She sent her husband to the trial to intimidate a rape victim.

Every billable hour matters.

Probably more intended to signal to any social media posters, and everyone in general, that the Reynolds team is prepared to spend up (on their lawyers) to go after anyone on social media that might diss team Reynolds, or support team Higgins/Sharaz in this case.

After the attempt to subpoena Mullins and Funnell for simply being involved in raising funds for Higgins, you're probably right.

Robodebt. Susan Ley hid the environment report for 6 months. Christian Porter and the other sex pests. Gladys Berejiklian corruption.
You forgot John Barilaro.
A newly appointed Director of Motorcycling NSW

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did this start from a text message from Sharaz?

Not exactly sure when the text messaging got involved in it but I think what Sharaz said in discussions with Lisa Wilkinson before The Project interview might have been the start.

Somewhere in Part 1 of these threads, I posted that he was inappropriately talking for Higgins right through it, that he should have sat down and shut up.

AI bots helping Reynolds spread her sob story. Did Reynolds purchase the bots?

' The suspicious accounts claim the Liberal senator was the target of "heartless attacks" and many claimed to be women who had been victims of sexism. All of these accounts were created in August this year and almost none were listed as living in Australia.

Some posted in favour of Ms Higgins, while many more appeared to support Senator Reynolds, leading to conspiracy theories that claimed the former cabinet minister had purchased a bot network to push favourable commentary. '

Not exactly sure when the text messaging got involved in it but I think what Sharaz said in discussions with Lisa Wilkinson before The Project interview might have been the start.

Somewhere in Part 1 of these threads, I posted that he was inappropriately talking for Higgins right through it, that he should have sat down and shut up.
Seems to have had a lot to say then.
Not so much now.

Where has the Liberal party championed false and offensive public accusations of criminal coverups?

Cmon, you’re telling us that you don’t know about the proven false claims about fraud that the Morrison Liberal Government used as the basis for introducing the highly illegal and morally corrupt RoboDebt scheme that led to suicides and hurt the welfare of thousands of the most vulnerable Australians?

FFS do some reading.

It would be good to know why Reynolds hasn't pursued Plibersek this far and what Plibersek may have been referring to with regard her comment "all legal options are on the table". Maybe Reynolds is just marking time, waiting on the decision in the current trial.

In June last year.

The Australian newspaper reported on Tuesday night that Reynolds had issued the concerns notice after Plibersek’s appearance on Sunrise on Monday. Asked about claims Katy Gallagher had misled the Senate, Plibersek said: “this is not the central point here.”

“The central point here is that a young woman made an allegation that she had been sexually assaulted in her workplace and that it had been inappropriately investigated, even covered up by her employers.”

The Australian reported Reynolds’ lawyers had written to Plibersek, raising concerns that she had implied Reynolds had acted inappropriately and attempted to “hide the commission of a criminal offence”.

In a statement to Guardian Australia, Reynolds confirmed she had issued the notice.

“I can confirm that yesterday, my lawyers issued a Concerns Notice to Ms Tanya Plibersek in relation to comments she made to Channel 7 Sunrise host Natalie Barr on 12 June 2023,” the senator said.

“Her comments conveyed the defamatory imputations that I acted to conceal or hide the commission of a criminal offence and also that I acted inappropriately during the investigation of … Brittany Higgins’ allegations”.

Plibersek confirmed she had received the notice, adding a cryptic comment hinting at the prospect of her own legal action.

“I received this interesting letter today. As far as I’m concerned, all legal options are on the table,” she said.

Plibersek’s office would not elaborate on what legal options the minister was referring to.

is she related to DJT.

Seems to have had a lot to say then.
Not so much now.

Interfering and over-confident, Sharaz was attempting to centre himself when it had nothing to do with him.

He was giving off strong dickhead vibes.

Cmon, you’re telling us that you don’t know about the proven false claims about fraud that the Morrison Liberal Government used as the basis for introducing the highly illegal and morally corrupt RoboDebt scheme that led to suicides and hurt the welfare of thousands of the most vulnerable Australians?

FFS do some reading.

You forgot to add in the bit about Tudge requesting access to the private Centrelink files of robodebt recipients who spoke to media about the illegal scheme and personal data was handed to journalists.

Maybe.

And Reynolds does have TWO houses, including the Bali holiday house, so she has the resources to go again if she doesn’t get the financial return from this trial she was hoping.

But I seriously doubt she would go after someone with the same or more political, financial and social capital as herself. She seems more comfortable punching down.

For a current politician representing a party that claimedly champions free speech, Reynolds appears to be going against the grain with her legal threats to silence others.
I don't think a dislike of having lies printed about you is confined to one party or another. It has been demonstrated in Court that the claims against Reynolds by Higgins were lies. I don't think this is an attempt to silence anyone, on the contrary, I think Reynolds would like Higgins to stand up like a big girl and say, 'yes, we made it up', and then all the people who repeated it can say 'sorry'.

It has been demonstrated in Court that the claims against Reynolds by Higgins were lies.
Based on the evidence presented in that Court they were ruled lies (on the balance of probabilities?).

Technically speaking, this alone doesn't irrefutably prove they were lies.

Just saying, if Reynolds team intends to rely on the discussion before The Project interview as evidence of a tortious conspiracy, they'd need to call Lisa Wilkinson on it as well because she was an active participant in the conversation where Sharaz said either truthfully or not, that he had "friends on the left".

I felt when he said that though, he was big noting.

Based on the evidence presented in that Court they were ruled lies (on the balance of probabilities?).

Technically speaking, this alone doesn't irrefutably prove they were lies.
Oh really? Why is it then that people on this forum continually refer to Lehrmann as a "rapist" if it hasn't been 'irrefutably' proven?

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back