Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Maybe.

And Reynolds does have TWO houses, including the Bali holiday house, so she has the resources to go again if she doesn’t get the financial return from this trial she was hoping.

But I seriously doubt she would go after someone with the same or more political, financial and social capital as herself. She seems more comfortable punching down.
Just because she threatens defamation doesn't mean she would win the case or get enough money to cover her court costs.
I would love her to win this case and be awarded $1.

Tudge should have faced criminal charges for that imo.

One thing I know about politicians and that is that as much as they throw bilious vile hate at each other in the course of political debate, they rarely pursue each other in the courts.

They’re like the mafia in that regard. They rarely go to war against each other because it’s bad for business.

But they have zero qualms about going after members of the public.

Take a look at the lack of court action in matters referred to the National anti-Corruption Commission following the RoboDebt Royal Commission.

Honour amongst thieves

Oh really? Why is it then that people on this forum continually refer to Lehrmann as a "rapist" if it hasn't been 'irrefutably' proven?
Because most of the people in this thread saw the live feed of Lehrmann's disastrous (for him) defamation trial over several weeks, including the video evidence of him plying Ms Higgins with multiple drinks in two bars prior to taking her back to Parliament House and deliberately giving misleading evidence about how and what drinks he paid for, and why he went back to Parliament House with her.

We heard the evidence of those who were present at those bars and the two security guards who saw them enter Parliament House as a pair and Lehrmann scurry out in a rush not long after with Ms Higgins found naked on Reynolds' couch afterwards.

We all saw the same evidence that Justice Lee saw in relation to that rape.

To borrow the words of President Macron, we don't 'think' he r*ped Ms Higgins, we 'KNOW'

Why do you continue to favour Bruce Lehrmann's version of events?

Last edited:
One thing I know about politicians and that is that as much as they throw bilious vile hate at each other in the course of political debate, they rarely pursue each other in the courts.

They’re like the mafia in that regard. They rarely go to war against each other because it’s bad for business.

But they have zero qualms about going after members of the public.

Take a look at the lack of court action in matters referred to the National anti-Corruption Commission following the RoboDebt Royal Commission.

Honour amongst thieves

Reynolds says she's retiring soon, I'm not real sure about that.

If she goes anywhere near proving a tortious conspiracy, I think she'll go all scorched earth.

Because most of the people in this thread saw the live feed of Lehrmann's disastrous (for him) defamation trial over several weeks, including the video evidence of him plying Ms Higgins with multiple drinks in two bars prior to taking her back to Parliament House and deliberately giving misleading evidence about how and what drinks he paid for, and why he went back to Parliament House with her.

We heard the evidence of those who were present at those bars and the two security guards who saw them enter Parliament House as a pair and Lehrmann scurry out in a rush not long after with Ms Higgins found naked on Reynolds' couch afterwards.

We all saw the same evidence that Justice Lee saw in relation to that rape.

To borrow the words of President Macron, we don't 'think' he r*ped Ms Higgins, we 'KNOW'

Why do you continue to favour Bruce Lehrmann's version of events?
and maybe we simply “believe her.”
which is important in her healing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think a dislike of having lies printed about you is confined to one party or another. It has been demonstrated in Court that the claims against Reynolds by Higgins were lies. I don't think this is an attempt to silence anyone, on the contrary, I think Reynolds would like Higgins to stand up like a big girl and say, 'yes, we made it up', and then all the people who repeated it can say 'sorry'.
If she can't handle people being mean to her, then perhaps Linda should have chosen a different line of work.

I don't know. What sounds better - liar or alleged habitual liar?

"We accept Lee's verdict 100%":

1724187217024.png

"Except we will slag off Justice Lee for stuff like this":

1724188688085.png

Lee strategically called out "partisans" (directed at Wilkinson and Quill specifically, but covers most of the somnambulists/partisans in this thread):

1724187449993.png

Then these "partisans" call out Lee for attending a News Ltd dinner (that Albo was at!) and quote the extreme LWNJ website Kangaroo Court of Australia as "evidence" of "taking a bribe" from the Murdochs/Roys to downplay the above parts of the verdict that they don't like, yet fail to mention his speaking engagement with the former ABC's chair and all round legend, Ita, at a Women In Media conference who spoke to various issues with the media, legal costs and other associated matters.

It'd be somewhat funny if it wasn't such a disappointing aspect on how current society operates.

Attachments

• 1724187156486.png
    1724187156486.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1724187689151.png
    1724187689151.png
    33 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Then these "partisans" call out Lee for attending a News Ltd dinner (that Albo was at!) and quote the extreme LWNJ website Kangaroo Court of Australia as "evidence" of "taking a bribe" from the Murdochs/Roys to downplay the above parts of the verdict that they don't like, yet fail to mention his speaking engagement with the former ABC's chair and all round legend, Ita, at a Women In Media conference who spoke to various issues with the media, legal costs and other associated matters.

Mischaracterizing again. Stop it. We agreed in here that Kangaroo Court went too far with the suggestion.

Also getting close to spamming this thread with particular excerpts in your posts.

Someone's got to run the country. Are you putting your hand up?
I was involved in student politics and one of the people I ran against is now the federal MP one seat away. Even at that level, I knew it wasn't for me. I've been asked to run for council by the last two mayors and deputy mayors, and I declined because I don't think I can handle it.

Politics is brutal, and you have to be able to shake it off and continue on regardless. As a Liberal party official, Reynolds would have known that, and I'm amazed at how naive she appears to have been.

I was involved in student politics and one of the people I ran against is now the federal MP one seat away. Even at that level, I knew it wasn't for me. I've been asked to run for council by the last two mayors and deputy mayors, and I declined because I don't think I can handle it.

Politics is brutal, and you have to be able to shake it off and continue on regardless. As a Liberal party official, Reynolds would have known that, and I'm amazed at how naive she appears to have been.
Big_e! where have you been?
I feel a Existential crisis management consultant would have been useful in helping some focus on positive energy and growth, before taking this to court. ( I feel that this might have been important for L as her career and what she was meant to stand for, was being questioned.)

‘Deeply disturbing’ impact on Linda Reynolds after Brittany Higgins allegations, Marise Payne tells court​

Payne said she was also worried for Reynolds following Higgins’ allegations about the Morrison government’s response to the 2019 incident.

“[Senator Reynolds] had a long-standing reputation for her interest in and support of women’s participation in the political process ... any issues which raised questions about her commitment and her level of commitment in that way would obviously be concerning for her,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...s-allegations-marise-payne-tells-trial-ntwnfb
I don’t give a rats how she encouraged people to support the Liberal Party, she had a duty of care to the employees who came under her control. She made certain promises, when sworn in as Minister, that overode her full on commitment to the Liberal Party and her political aspirations.

Neither of them had any right to access the building at that time, in that condition - certainly not unsupervised - privacy concerns, as well as OHS. At a bare minimum she remains in the reception area, whilst one of the officers walk him upstairs to get his keys. [I don’t see why the guard couldn’t have walked upstairs by himself and grabbed them off his desk.]

Anyway I’m sick of having to state the bleeding obvious to halfwits that appear to know SFA about management. What if she had of woken up and slipped when exiting, fatally cracking her skull on the edge of a desk??? That is why you don’t have a person working overtime alone.

John Hewson was a senior advisor. They were snotty nosed kids that were engaged to carry folders, arrange morning tea and photo ops, and undertake simple clerical tasks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back