Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
It came out in the trial.

FYI for comparison, the average payout is somewhat less, about $85,000
  • Under the National Redress Scheme for Survivors, the compensation of sexually abused victims Australia is $150,000, although the average compensation payment is about $85,000.
So why was Higgins' payout around 30 times larger than average do you think?
Because her sexual abuse was at the hands of a fellow Commonwealth employee in a Ministerial Suite after hours in Parliament House? The circumstances, the events leading up to the assault, the perpetrator and the subsequent handling of the assault allegation all well documented.

And that the advice of the Solicitor General was that likely compensation and legal cost if Ms Higgins took the government to court under a civil claim would have been substantially higher, especially in the light of the damning findings of the Independent Report of the Human Rights Commissioner into Commonwealth Parliamentary Workplaces.

And that the Federal Government is bound by a higher duty of care than other employers given it has legislated responsibility under the Human Rights Act and UN protocols for the safety and welfare of woman in the workplace.

Just a guess.

I mean enough with the BS false comparisons.

Last edited:
More on the psychiatric report.

Justice Tottle struck down Mr Bennett’s application, saying he did not believe the second report would assist him in the defamation action under way against Ms Higgins.

“I fear that that evidence would lead to the development of further subsidiary issues which would be yet further removed from the major issue that I’m called upon to resolve,” he said.

“I think it is important to say now for the avoidance of any misunderstanding that there can be no suggestion made of any impropriety on the part of the doctor or the solicitors who instructed the doctor to prepare the report.

The circumstances, the events leading up to the assault, the perpetrator and the subsequent handling of the assault allegation all well documented.

"Well documented".....by the media?

Ya think they'd have spoken with Brown and Reynolds at some juncture instead of sending threatening letters muzzling them. They sent the same threats to Cash too.

Yep, I raised it in a post in this thread at the time. But everyone in here keeps referencing the one (first) clean and Ramos' statement in relation to it and not the other one which happened later.

Edit: I'm not tempted to believe the office cleaning(s) were part of any cover-up but it does amuse me that this particular and basic fact (2 cleans) gets ignored by the same posters time and time again. It explains why the AFP was so outraged that the Commissioner sent a letter to the the Dept of Parliamentary Services about it.

Mr Frost is full of shit.

Reynolds had been in that office for weeks. The excuse Frost gave for the extra 'detail clean' on the Monday following the incident and restricted to the Minister's office is bogus and Brown, a veteran, COS and a stickler for the rules, knew it. IMO.

I think it might have frightened her.

OMG - people are still going about this cleaning issue.
Its simple - there was unauthorised access after hours. Therefore it was cleaned.

This is what any sane, normal, person would do if someone gained entry into their premises without their knowledge - and especially if you thought there was alcohol or drug related activities going on. At that stage, there was no consideration to anything illegal to have taken place.

Do people really thing there is 24 hour round the clock CSI type investigators on standby to forensically analyse an event based on nothing?

The whole thing is ridiculously stupid.

OMG - people are still going about this cleaning issue.
Its simple - there was unauthorised access after hours. Therefore it was cleaned.

This is what any sane, normal, person would do if someone gained entry into their premises without their knowledge - and especially if you thought there was alcohol or drug related activities going on. At that stage, there was no consideration to anything illegal to have taken place.

Do people really thing there is 24 hour round the clock CSI type investigators on standby to forensically analyse an event based on nothing?

The whole thing is ridiculously stupid.

You're free to look away.

"Mr Frost advised me that it was standard procedure for an office to be cleaned following after-hours access, he said that there have been incidences across all parties over many years where offices had been left in a mess."

Couldn't be a more reasonable reason.

"Mr Frost advised me that it was standard procedure for an office to be cleaned following after-hours access, he said that there have been incidences across all parties over many years where offices had been left in a mess."

Couldn't be a more reasonable reason.

That was the excuse for the out of hours emergency clean, there was a second 'detail clean' restricted to the Minister's office and almost right after all that was done, was when Brown was told about the breach.

That was the excuse for the out of hours emergency clean, there was a second 'detail clean' restricted to the Minister's office and almost right after all that was done, was when Brown was told about the breach.
So we don't know who issued the directive for the second clean or why it was directed? Might this have been the clean which was “standard after moving offices”, as advised by MinWing Support?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's because you're toxic Janet.

I finally got around to reading that whiny self righteous pile of ********* which is well suited to the pages of The Australian newspaper.

The best bit was where she is outraged that Justice Paul Tottle refused to give her access to key court documents but provided access to Richard Ackland.

What Janet fails to mention in her self centred bitch session is that Richard Ackland AM is a highly respected publisher and lawyer whose political impartiality is well recognised - unlike Ms Albrechtsen. Ackland is also a trained and experienced journalist, something that Ms Albrechtsen has never and will never be - she is simply a gossip columnist and mouthpiece for the conservative side of politics and Chairman of the right wing Institute of Public Affairs. Justice Tottle and Rachael Young SC are spot on - Albrechtsen simply cannot be trusted to be anything other than an active participant in promoting the pro-coalition side of any issue at the expense of balanced and fair reporting.

Sorry Janet - you may have had a cosy little insider relationship with the disgraced Wally Sofronoff, Bruce Lehrmann's defence lawyer and defamation barrister, Steve Whybrow, and certain bad faith actors within the AFP but your clear political bias has obviously made you persona non grata with Justice Tottle in relation to anything to do with your good friend Liberal Senator Linda Reynolds' defamation case.

I do hope it's something that catches on with other higher court justices across the nation. Albrechtsen's bilious commentary and willingness to be the co-conspirator for carefully selected leaks of personal and confidential information from court and police files when it suits her and her employer's political agenda is a cancer that needs to be cut out if we have any hope of restoring faith in our justice system.

Last edited:
So we don't know who issued the directive for the second clean or why it was directed?

It's in Brown's affidavit.

I don't think Brown was involved in any cover up, Brown as COS was kept blind to actions in the Minister's office she should have been informed of, was shocked she wasn't and Reynolds wasn't told when she should have been immediately, before anything was done, that her office was entered in the early hours of the morning.

Unless Reynolds was informed right away, as she should have been, both her and Brown were being heavily undermined and they knew it. Higgins without that knowledge, would have reacted in a ripple effect.

Do we know if the couch was still forensically examined after B talked to AFP?

Do we know if the couch was still forensically examined after B talked to AFP?
No - what would have been the point? It had been thoroughly cleaned with chemicals at least twice and used by a range of people subsequently. Any results such an examination might have revealed would have had zero evidential use. That's the point.

The AFP Commissioner's angry commentary on the couch cleaning saga and the startling revelation by former director of security at Parliament House Peter Butler that he told police he fought against the decision to clean the office and believed his incident report was altered is contained in this report and is well worth a read.

It explains why, even if you are not inclined to believe that the site clean up was not part of a bigger conspiracy on behalf of the government, that it certainly reeks of a suspicious over-willingness to clean up what was already regarded as a potential crime scene by some who were present at or had been informed of the events in Reynolds' office in the early hours of a Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Just saying, if I was Reynolds as Minister for Defence and wasn't told immediately and I mean straight away, that my office was entered in a security breach and there was a naked girl in it, I'd be furious and then I'd probably get real nervous if I was being brushed off with 'routine' this and 'procedure' that when it's obvious that procedure wasn't followed and nothing about it was routine.

I feel this would be important. It’s still possible DNA can be found even after cleaning. Couch/surroundings, given BL claims nothing happened.

The second time the cleaners went in for the detail clean, they were locked in to the Minister's office which had never happened before, and told to focus on the couch and seating.

It wasn't routine.

Edit: The cleaner was also told to say that he was in there attending to a leak if anybody asked.

Well. I suppose you think that is a good laugh that you continue to besmirch an alleged sexual assault victim ?

If you were sexually assualted in your work place by a supervisor in one of thmost secure work environments and a core symbol of Australia you don't believe that the Commonwealth of Australia should not provide you with Workplace compensation?

How much do Curches, school's or other big businesses pay out for sexual assault? They are largely hidden by NDA's
Well. I suppose that you haven't actually read the exchange? The comment was made by Sharaz:“It’s a weird story. Journalism hat on, what a f..king scoop ha ha”. So it was Sharaz who thought it was a "good laugh", as you said, so he was he (not me) who "besmirched and alleged assault victim".

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back