Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Nobody talks either about how broke Higgins probably was and struggling just to make ends meet. Even as a junior staffer and starting out, I was a bit surprised at how low her wages were.

That would be another reason at the time, she would have been desperate to hang on to her job.

Nobody talks either about how broke Higgins probably was and struggling just to make ends meet. Even as a junior staffer and starting out, I was a bit surprised at how low her wages were.

That would be another reason at the time, she would have been desperate to hang on to her job.

Why didnt they offer her a transfer to another ministers team?

Disgraceful, that she was r*ped in her workplace.
She needed her job.
She had to see that couch, every darn day.

Such a kind and caring workplace.

Nobody is forced to work anywhere, especially during a period where the economy is more or less at the natural unemployment rate. We choose to do the things we do.
Agreed nobody is forced to work anywhere, but again she was 24 and had just been r****. I don't think the fact that the economy was job friendly would have crossed her mind 😒 and why should she quit a career she'd just started because of someone else's actions?

Agreed nobody is forced to work anywhere, but again she was 24 and had just been r****. I don't think the fact that the economy was job friendly would have crossed her mind 😒 and why should she quit a career she'd just started because of someone else's actions?
The comment was in response to claims she needed that particular job and was forced or at least heavily dependent on working in that particular role, assumptions which are clearly incorrect.

There's no pressure for the public to know who this victim is and we're not going to see the kinds of leaks to the media Higgins has been subjected to for years.
Let's not forget that sections of the confidential Qld police charge brief on the Toowoomba rape allegations were leaked to sections of the media (Daily Mail) which enabled that organisation and the Murdoch tabloids to publish selective details of the alleged victim, her employment and where she met up with Lehrmann.

The clear aim, imho, being to discredit the charges and shame the alleged victim while the Lehrmann defamation trial was in progress.

This is the 'justice system' and the 'right to anonymity' that Brittany Higgins and thousands of other victims of rape and sexual assault have to contend with when reporting details of assault to police forces around the country.

Why didnt they offer her a transfer to another ministers team?

Disgraceful, that she was r*ped in her workplace.
She needed her job.
She had to see that couch, every darn day.

Such a kind and caring workplace.
I don’t know about anyone else, but if that couch was in my office, I’d want to burn it! or at least get rid of it.
Who would want to sit on it?

Did you, like me, spend a lot of time wondering about that one outlier in your feedback who gave you low scores on most categories and obviously hates your guts? Never was able to work out who that fecker was (not that I bear grudges of course ;) )

Maybe I should have done a Linda Reynolds - lawyered up, and sued them for defamation.
😂😂

So true, fairly sure mine was a lady called Anne who I didn’t promote, went after me for 12 months. She formed the bitches of eastwick before she got marched out the door….

Like you, I should have lawyered up….😂

Let's not forget that sections of the confidential Qld police charge brief on the Toowoomba rape allegations were leaked to sections of the media (Daily Mail) which enabled that organisation and the Murdoch tabloids to publish selective details of the alleged victim, her employment and where she met up with Lehrmann.

The clear aim, imho, being to discredit the charges and shame the alleged victim while the Lehrmann defamation trial was in progress.

This is the 'justice system' and the 'right to anonymity' that Brittany Higgins and thousands of other victims of rape and sexual assault have to contend with when reporting details of assault to police forces around the country.
Totally agree, and then you have the child predators who even though there’s laws in certain states now that they can be named, can still apply to the court to have their name suppressed. It’s pathetic.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if that couch was in my office, I’d want to burn it! or at least get rid of it.
Who would want to sit on it?
Well it is/was the most spotlessly cleaned couch in Parliament House history so worth bidding for in the office disposal auctions if it comes up.

(Too soon?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is/was the most spotlessly cleaned couch in Parliament House history so worth bidding for in the office disposal auctions if it comes up.

(Too soon?).
Seems like it didn’t bother certain people looking/using it every day, so why not?
might get the money back for the alleged ‘stolen’ jacket.

Last edited:
The comment was in response to claims she needed that particular job and was forced or at least heavily dependent on working in that particular role, assumptions which are clearly incorrect.

She was 24yo, was away from her Gold Coast home having landed her dream job at PH, of course she'd be wanting to hang on to it.

There's only one PH.

What was her salary working for Reynolds - has that been revealed?

Showing my prejudice here but my impression is that Ministerial staffers, even ones just starting out, earn a salary that is way better than they would as grads in business or the public service - and that's without what I would call a competitive merit based selection process.

I mean look at Bruce Lehrmann. The dullard has still never completed his law degree has he and yet was on a $150k salary when he left Reynolds' employ and his LNP political connections got him a job with British Tobacco ?

I suppose the precarious nature of their employment - contracts being tied to political terms - explains some of that and I've met my fair share of top tier Ministerial staffers who would and have excelled in any job but my point is that it's hardly poverty city.

A refresher if interested and there's Malcolm Turnbull saying he finds it "incredible that's to say very, very hard to believe, that the Prime Ministers Office would not have been aware of that incident as soon as it occurred"
I thought all roads led to Yaron Finkelstein, Morrison's Principal Private Secretary.

What was her salary working for Reynolds - has that been revealed?

Showing my prejudice here but my impression is that Ministerial staffers, even ones just starting out, earn a salary that is way better than they would as grads in business or the public service - and that's without what I would call a competitive merit based selection process.

I mean look at Bruce Lehrmann. The dullard has still never completed his law degree has he and yet was on a $150k salary when he left Reynolds' employ and his LNP political connections got him a job with British Tobacco ?

I suppose the precarious nature of their employment - contracts being tied to political terms - explains some of that and I've met my fair share of top tier Ministerial staffers who would and have excelled in any job but my point is that it's hardly poverty city.

I saw it the other day, she started on $53K pa as a junior staffer if I'm not sure it had gone up by the time she started working for Reynolds. That's not a lot if you have to pay rent and maintain a polished appearance.

I saw it the other day, she started on $53K pa as a junior staffer if I'm not sure it had gone up by the time she started working for Reynolds. That's not a lot if you have to pay rent and maintain a polished appearance.
Agree. That's not much, especially living away from home and paying rent of $500- $600/wk.

No wonder Lehrmann felt he was her superior and Higgins' felt the same. The power imbalance was obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back