Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Did Linda Reynolds know that Brittany Higgins might have been r*ped in her office when she met with Brittany Higgins in her office at Parliament House?

Higgins told Fiona Brown on the Thursday before that Monday meeting:

1726704795692.png

Brown then stated:

1726705043287.png

Higgins did not elaborate further in that meeting (by both Brown and Higgins' account).

Whilst Brown and in turn Reynolds started to worry at that point that something might have happened, but penetrative sexual assault had not been confirmed.

In addition, Brown and Reynolds knew that Lehrmann and Higgins were "in the office" after hours. The "where" in the office is now well known, but at the time, neither Brown nor Reynolds knew it was in the Minister's office on the couch (Source: Fiona Brown's affidavit).

Higgins had been "in the office" from Monday to Thursday and had two meetings with Brown in there. The Monday meeting was ultimately a very unfortunate choice of venue, but it's not the issue that the tin foil hat brigade will have you believe.

Did Linda Reynolds know that Brittany Higgins might have been r*ped in her office when she met with Brittany Higgins in her office at Parliament House?

Higgins told Fiona Brown on the Thursday before that Monday meeting:

View attachment 2114678

Brown then stated:

View attachment 2114683

Higgins did not elaborate further in that meeting (by both Brown and Higgins' account).

Whilst Brown and in turn Reynolds started to worry at that point that something might have happened, but penetrative sexual assault had not been confirmed.

In addition, Brown and Reynolds knew that Lehrmann and Higgins were "in the office" after hours. The "where" in the office is now well known, but at the time, neither Brown nor Reynolds knew it was in the Minister's office on the couch (Source: Fiona Brown's affidavit).

Higgins had been "in the office" from Monday to Thursday and had two meetings with Brown in there. The Monday meeting was ultimately a very unfortunate choice of venue, but it's not the issue that the tin foil hat brigade will have you believe.

You forgot to mention that Reynolds prior to that, was attempting to go behind Higgins back, pressuring Fiona Brown to report it to the police.

Nobody reports an incident to the police unless they suspect a crime has been committed.

You forgot to mention that Reynolds prior to that, was attempting to go behind Higgins back, pressuring Fiona Brown to report it to the police.

Nobody reports an incident to the police unless they suspect a crime has been committed.

Of course they suspected something happened and Reynolds, being the poster child of self-interest, wanted to cover her own arse just in case something did happen.

As Lee said:

667 Indeed, I am comfortably satisfied that the Minister considered it would protect her personal interests that the very opposite occur. She wanted the incident to be reported to the police and was doing what she could to encourage Ms Higgins to see the AFP, having failed in her attempt to direct Ms Brown to report the incident the previous Friday. As I said during the hearing, it is the only alleged cover-up of which I am aware where those said to be responsible for the covering up were almost insisting the complainant to go to the police.

"The incident" Lee refers to above at that time was based upon "I remember him being on top of me".

Not rape and not specifically on the couch in Reynolds' office.

Of course they suspected something happened and Reynolds, being the poster child of self-interest, wanted to cover her own arse just in case something did happen.

As Lee said:

"The incident" Lee refers to above at that time was based upon "I remember him being on top of me".

Yeah I agree but even if Higgins didn't actually say the word 'rape' of course in the circumstances, it probably would be and we'd have expected among ALL of them in the big house where laws are made, they knew it.

Yeah I agree but even if Higgins didn't actually say the word 'rape' of course in the circumstances, it probably would be and we'd have expected among ALL of them in the big house where laws are made, they knew it.
FMD.

Here we go again.

Higgins used the words 'he was on top of me' to embarrassingly first describe to her boss what is clearly a sexual assault committed without consent by her work colleague after hours in a Ministerial Office of Parliament House.

That we have, yet again, the same posters haggling over what those words actually mean or imply tells the same old story of ignorance and victim blaming when it comes to allegations of sexual assault. That it is being used for partisan reasons to excuse the subsequent actions of a Federal Minister makes it even worse.

Last edited:
FMD.

Here we go again.

Higgins used the words 'he was on top of me' to embarrassingly first describe to her boss what is clearly a sexual assault committed without consent by her fellow employee after hours.

That we have, yet again, the same posters haggling over what those words actually mean or imply tells the same old story of ignorance and victim blaming when it comes to allegations of sexual assault. That it is being used for partisan reasons to excuse the subsequent actions of a Federal Minister makes it even worse.

It's almost like Reynolds is trying to get off on a technicality.

As Lee said:

According to Reynolds they learned about the incident via the DHS report and that Higgins had been found naked on her couch.

FMD.

Here we go again.

Higgins used the words 'he was on top of me' to embarrassingly first describe to her boss what is clearly a sexual assault committed without consent by her work colleague after hours in a Ministerial Office of Parliament House.
Found on the couch passed out drunk and naked. “I remember him on top of me.” 1 +1=3?

Lebbo did ask which is what dragged it all back up again.

Lebbo did ask which is what dragged it all back up again.

Yes, well let's not forget that poster is the one who originally claimed in this thread (March 2021) that 'Brittany got sloshed and had a romp with another staffer at Parliament House. Then the embarrassment of what happened set in and we have a rape allegation'.

So my comments about victim blaming are pertinent in relation to the context of the matter being brought up again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back