Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, f*** the world.

Greetings four shot?
WIESS in full?
'Fade Away'?

If they get 'Drive All Night' I'll go troppo.

Love Perth3 (for the "me being there" factor), but man this is an all-timer night for sure.

Here's hoping the Bris-vegans don't get all pissy at Bruce for not playing 'Streets of Philadelphia' or some craphouse song.

Indescribable.

Serenade is one of the greatest things I've experienced. Finally got Bobby Jean! Greetings four shot. Thunder Road finale....just totally overpowering. Anddddd, got to play a huuuuge part in the crowd surf. Although the bloke next to me shoved his mobile into Bruce's back pocket with made for some hilarious on-stage banter with Tom.

Bring on Auckland and Pittsburgh.

What a set list.

My brother in-law from the gold coast was in Adelaide when Bruce was in town here a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to paddy18 he got a ticket in the pit for night 2 but could get to night 1. He had tickets for the Brisbane show but had seats with his sister and her son. They went last year and had pit tickets and were desperately trying to find Pit tickets for this show. On several occasions I threatened to burn WIESS for him as I said he might get it in Brisbane and I said he had to hear Incident. He know sandy, E Street shuffle and Rosalita but not the other 4 songs. I wish i had bought a ticket in August when he asked me if I was coming up for the show, but I ummed and arghed and in the end said no. I'm an idiot. I will be speaking to him to see how he survived the night.

01. Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees cover)
02. It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
03. Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
04. Growin' Up
05. Spirit In The Night
06. High Hopes
07. Just Like Fire Would
08. You Can Look (But You'd Better Not Touch) (sign)
09. Sherry Darling
10. Save My Love
11. Fade Away
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
14. Kitty's Back
15. Wild Billy's Circus Story
16. Incident On 57th Street
17. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
18. New York City Serenade (with strings)
19. Darlington County
20. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
21. The Rising
22. The Ghost of Tom Joad
23. Badlands
24. Glory Days
25. Born To Run
26. Bobby Jean
27. Dancing in the Dark
28. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
29. Highway to Hell (w/ Eddie Vedder)
30. Thunder Road (solo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The New Jersey Star Ledger article about last nights show had this picture

springsteen-brisbanejpg-e62f58515f86ba2e.jpg

http://www.nj.com/springsteen/index.ssf/2014/02/bruce_springsteen_plays_the_en_3.html

Incredible. Just incredible.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band played a show Wednesday at the Brisbane Entertainment Center in Brisbane, Australia that is already an "instant classic."

Out of the thouands of performances Bruce Springsteen has given, this one is going to go down as one of the best. It was the final of Bruce's 11 shows in Australia and the fans at the 14,500 seat indoor arena now have bragging rights to say they were there for this legendary night.

"Tonight's show was beyond belief.." my friend Paul White messaged me.

Where to start. How bout Bruce opening with the Bee Gees' 1977 hit "Stayin' Alive." Bruce Springsteen doing a Bee Gees song? Really?

Then there's four songs from the "Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J." album: Tour premieres of "It's Hard to be a Saint in the City" and "Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street," followed by "Growin' Up" and "Spirit in the Night."

You have to see it to believe it. Bruce and the E Street Band performing "Stayin' Alive" (note the string section in the back):

More new stuff coming out in April.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/feb/25/bruce-springsteen-american-beauty-ep-record-store-day

Bruce Springsteen confirms four-song EP for Record Store Day
Entitled American Beauty, the EP features tracks taken from the same sessions as The Boss’ last album High Hopes, as well as a potential cover version

Bruce Springsteen has announced details of a new four-song EP scheduled for this year’s Record Store Day on 26 April. Filled with all-new tracks, American Beauty will drop just three months after Springsteen’s latest LP, High Hopes.

Three of American Beauty’s songs - Mary Mary, Hey Blue Eyes and the title track - were taken from the same sessions as High Hopes, made with the E Street Band and Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello. But details of the last track, Hurry Up Sundown, have not been revealed, and may have a very different origin story.

<snip>

@ 0:45 after talking about not being to Oz for a decade and such a great response last year and this year he says "We'll be back - to give you our very best." I doubted him last year, but not this time. He will be back just a matter of when.

Definitely downloading now. No way will I ever forget that show.

Witnessing the interplay between Bruce and Stevie in person for the first time was a treat. Tom and Jake were featured much less than anything I saw last year. Steve barely plays, but my mate loved the mandolin coming out ever few songs. His expressions during DITD when Bruce forgot to get someone to dance with him were hilarious. Looked like he had fun conducting the strings on Stayin' Alive and Serenade as well.

Selfishly hoping for more songs from High Hopes in Auckland this weekend, but being stadium shows, that possibility is probably remote. Wasn't close enough with my Harry's Place/The Fever sign last night, but being Bruce's main support pillar for a few seconds more than made up for that. It was during Spirit as well, so that makes two Bruce encounters, both during my favourte song. I get the feeling I'm a strange kind of fan; I hate the snobbery of the roll-call/Greasy Lake crowd, but love being among people who get really into it. Mt Smart Stadium is in a campaigner of a place, but I should get to the stadium at about 7pm Friday night so I'll give this whole thing a go.

Witnessing the interplay between Bruce and Stevie in person for the first time was a treat.

Same here. Bruce is more mischievous and laid back with Stevie there. Didn't see it last year and didn't see it in '85. So glad I saw it last night.

I tell ya what though, Jake has come a long way since last year as far as crowd interaction. Really belongs.

My NZ leg's been cancelled. Debit card got "compromised" last week and money taken out of my account. I get paid tomorrow but the hotel isn't paid for, so it'd be so tight it's probably not worth it. And last night just felt like the perfect way to end my tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back