Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 they walked away with 50 million gross.
Who grossed $50m?? Gudinski and Frontier? Springsteen and Landau? What were the costs?

Who grossed $50m?? Gudinski and Frontier? Springsteen and Landau? What were the costs?
Gross ticket sales were 50 million. That’s a huge payday for The Boss & naturally Frontier.

As an example this year. Springsteen 250 million gross from 33 shows. Estimates on Forbes having Springsteen pocketing 101 million from that gross.

Gross ticket sales were 50 million. That’s a huge payday for The Boss & naturally Frontier.

As an example this year. Springsteen 250 million gross from 33 shows. Estimates on Forbes having Springsteen pocketing 101 million from that gross.
Its a lot of gross income, but what were the combined costs?

If Landau and Brice charged Frontier for $X mil up front to do the tour and had to cover very little of the total costs, then the overwhelming majority of the rest of the costs had to be picked up by Frontier, then Frontier had to bare nearly all the risk.

There was no gurantee they made any money on the tour. They may have, but there were no guarantees.

I repeat what I have already written 2 or 3 times in this thread, that Landau in the Gudinski doco EGO, said he saw Michael get into some very dark places.

I doubt it was about drugs or his general health.. I reckon it was about the risk associated with the tour and losing / potentially losing a lot of money.

If Landau and Brice charged Frontier for $X mil up front to do the tour and had to cover very little of the total costs, then the overwhelming majority of the rest of the costs had to be picked up by Frontier, then Frontier had to bare nearly all the risk.

There was no gurantee they made any money on the tour. They may have, but there were no guarantees.

I repeat what I have already written 2 or 3 times in this thread, that Landau in the Gudinski doco EGO, said he saw Michael get into some very dark places.

I doubt it was about drugs or his general health.. I reckon it was about the risk associated with the tour and losing / potentially losing a lot of money.

Frontier pay the curfew breaks as well you think?

If a promoter doesn’t make money on a $50 million gross tour, they need to get out of the game. They made plenty.

Bruce has not been here , what will be 8 years next year.

Shows will sell out immediately. He’s grossed 629 million and counting 23/24.

Bruce was locked in at AAMI Park February 13th this year, before getting crook and the tour scrapped.

The word is he does not want to do a long tour. It will be less shows, less cities all stadiums if they come.

But it could also be Live Nation. 90% of Bruce business in both the USA & Europe is handled by them now.

Time will tell.

He was also playing a show at Mt Duneed, this year , again before it got scrapped due to health who were increasing the capacity to 25000 for Bruce.

Previous biggest crowd there was The Killers with 20000.

If a promoter doesn’t make money on a $50 million gross tour, they need to get out of the game. They made plenty.

Bruce has not been here , what will be 8 years next year.

Shows will sell out immediately. He’s grossed 629 million and counting 23/24.

Bruce was locked in at AAMI Park February 13th this year, before getting crook and the tour scrapped.

The word is he does not want to do a long tour. It will be less shows, less cities all stadiums if they come.

But it could also be Live Nation. 90% of Bruce business in both the USA & Europe is handled by them now.

Time will tell.
Without knowing all the costs involved I dont think you can make some wide sweeping statement that if a promoter cant make a profile if $50m ticket sales, they should quit.

Look at how many big music festivals have gone out of business the last 12 months.

Less shows reduces costs, but the promoter would want to sell the stadium shows out.

Without knowing all the costs involved I dont think you can make some wide sweeping statement that if a promoter cant make a profile if $50m ticket sales, they should quit.

Look at how many big music festivals have gone out of business the last 12 months.

Less shows reduces costs, but the promoter would want to sell the stadium shows out.

Mate I can assure you Frontier did incredibly well out of all Bruce tours.

They had the tour ready to go early this year, hopefully they’ll get it , if he comes next year.

It’s always about money and guarantee.

But all the highest grossing tours of all genres right around the globe are coming here in some capacity.

Fingers crossed Bruce comes but I’d say 2-3 weeks here max 6-8 shows , and stadiums.

If it happens I’d go 2 AAMI Park, 2 Engie Stadium, 1 People First Stadium.

Not sure they’ll still consider Duneed.

Mate I can assure you Frontier did incredibly well out of all Bruce tours.

They had the tour ready to go early this year, hopefully they’ll get it , if he comes next year.

It’s always about money and guarantee.

But all the highest grossing tours of all genres right around the globe are coming here in some capacity.

Fingers crossed Bruce comes but I’d say 2-3 weeks here max 6-8 shows , and stadiums.

If it happens I’d go 2 AAMI Park, 2 Engie Stadium, 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it's getting to a point where you'd at least want to be hearing something more solid than a whisper here or there.

There was a big article today in Melbourne’s Herald Sun about all the coming acts, big and small, and it’s the first time this year he wasn’t mentioned in such an article

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back