Bryce Gibbs or Trent Cotchin?

Who would you rather - Bryce Gibbs or Trent Cotchin?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No you're attempting to debate. But don't realize then when it comes to debate you're supposed to sum up facts and points. Attempt to disprove the other persons 'wrong' views or opinions. He is a tagger/hbf. That is my point. That is where he plays. Explain why that is tripe? Because he played a handful of games in te midfield/forward? Please...

You started out saying Ratten put Gibbs on a HBF to play loose unaccountable football. And yet here he is throughout Ratten's tenure having played tight accountable roles in defence, accountable roles in the midfield and around the ground, loose in defence, offensively from the midfield and in offensive mid/forward roles. And he's done pretty well and been consistent in all those roles; this season was his first poor season if you could call it that.

Had you watched enough of his career, it would be obvious at first glance that your comments lack insight and do little more than mimic the BF troll approach to Gibbs. I make no apologies for knowing the player better than you and again, I can only suggest you watch more football.

And what poit were you making about him beating
Pendles and Thompson? Still waiting on that answer

Err ... you said this "Nope he left him runnin loose on half back for all the world to see what a champion number 1 draft pick he was". To which I replied that he'd beaten Pendlebury playing an accountable role in the midfield.

What's so hard to follow about that? o_O

Err ... you said this "Nope he left him runnin loose on half back for all the world to see what a champion number 1 draft pick he was". To which I replied that he'd beaten Pendlebury playing an accountable role in the midfield.

What's so hard to follow about that? o_O

Right. So he's played two accountable roles in the midfield, one on a player returning from a broken leg. Yes. Right so let's just ignore all the times he played loose off half back because he played two 'accountable roles'.

In regards to your other post, no, you are bias. Nothing more. Most people tend to agree that he is nothing more then an outside player who when has been given chances in the midfield but has very rarely performed to him expectations. If you think otherwise then that just shows the lack of knowledge of said player. But please go on, for someone not Wanting to get involved you're not doing a good job at it. Just like you're not doing a good job at convincing anyone that gibbs is the player you are making him out to be.

Out of curiosity, Gibbs or Cotchin? Who did you vote for? Mmmmmmm

Right. So he's played two accountable roles in the midfield, one on a player returning from a broken leg. Yes. Right so let's just ignore all the times he played loose off half back because he played two 'accountable roles'.

You're the one ignoring things here sunshine, not me. Gibbs played more than two accountable roles under Ratten, but you'd prefer to keep your head in the sand. Meanwhile, included in my list of the range of roles Gibbs has played under Ratten was, loh and behold ... a loose rebounding defender; far from ignoring it, I've actually addressed it directly.

In regards to your other post, no, you are bias. Nothing more. Most people tend to agree that he is nothing more then an outside player who when has been given chances in the midfield but has very rarely performed to him expectations.

LOL. Everyone has their biases. You, for example, are suffering from a serious case of confirmation bias, ignoring or dismissing any fact that contradicts your comment. I'm a Carlton supporter, so yes, it's true I will have my own biases as well, but I also have the benefit of having watched a lot more of the player than you have.

In regards to what others think about the player, plenty of serious footy watchers on BigFooty deride the kind of comments you've been making; while plenty light on for nous propagate them.

Out of curiosity, Gibbs or Cotchin? Who did you vote for? Mmmmmmm

LOL. So football isn't the only thing you don't pay attention to :oops:

I want some of the drugs that black flag is on.Even after all the non carlton or richmond fans have said Cotchin by the length of the flemington straight, and Cotchin by the length of the universe, and unbias comments like, this poll is a joke, this bloke still saying Sqibs has Cotchin covered overall.Black flag is simply making a fool of himself.Cotchin has Gibbs so easily covered " overall " it's not funny.26 brownlow votes after not polling in the first 7 rounds, that eqates to 26 votes in 15 matches not to mention the most recognised award in footy, the coaches award.Cotchin had no pre season in his first 2 seasons.Cotchin has not only easily got Gibbs covered but they will " never " be in the same boat.The only thing that may change that is injury.I've yet to see a blues fan reply to any of the hawks, cats, or bombers fans posts who mostly say this poll is a joke, and it is.Finaly, if Gibbs career had started like Cotchins with a broken ankle and no pre season first 2 yrs, Gibbs would be ordinary up to now.Imagine if Cotchins career had begun with proper pre seasons, we would now be comparing a suzuki with a rolls royce.

firstly, cotchin's vastly superior 2012 season has never been disputed by anyone. so, try again there.

secondly, injuries are part of the deal of afl. your stocks go down while other players move on with their careers. that's just the reality and i'd say the same thing about kreuzer so it's not bias.

thirdly, crying, "injury" is a massive cop-out, imo. gibbs was simply better than cotchin early doors. :)

fourthly, paragraphs are your friend.

firstly, cotchin's vastly superior 2012 season has never been disputed by anyone. so, try again there.

secondly, injuries are part of the deal of afl. your stocks go down while other players move on with their careers. that's just the reality and i'd say the same thing about kreuzer so it's not bias.

thirdly, crying, "injury" is a massive cop-out, imo. gibbs was simply better than cotchin early doors. :)

Tend to disagree re the injuries. In Cotchins case they are relevent because he was pretty good when hampered by them but is quickly approaching elite now he is over them. I think it is reasonable to take them into account when the palyer excells after he is over them. It's fair to assume Cotchins stocks would be further ahead of Gibbs now if he had been injury free in his 1st 2 years. It's relevent because post injury he has shown he is clearly the superior player at this time.

Kreuzer is a different case because he hasn't yet become a top player post injury. Maybe he does later, maybe he ends up like Josh Fraser. I agree in such a case it's "part of the deal of AFL footy". Neale Daniher is probably as good an example as any of such a case. They are the sad stories, the players that never had the chance to realise their potential. Kreuzers stocks are down and injury has played a role.

Cotchins stocks are up and for mine we can therefore use the injury to explain why Cotchin and Gibbs were closer early in their careers. It's relevent.

93% to 7% is pretty conclusive. Why do you think Gibbs is superior to Cotchin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce Gibbs or Trent Cotchin?

Back