Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end for Adelaidenit just didnt happen. Didnt want to pay what Carlton wanted. Simple as that really and you can see both sides here fairly well. Hes contracted and that makes it harder. But Adelaide at the moment dont need to sell the farm with there list.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The 2nd rounder was GWS future 2nd .
Every chance they win the flag next year and after adding on a few picks for compo etc it could be about pick 40 odd ?
Hawthorn won't forget the favor and unfortunately for essendon it killed any chance they had of snaring Omeara :D
Hawthorn were always going to get omeara pal.
Hawthorn did us a solid to get a better deal for Carlisle.
Remember him?
The player you said Carlton would get for a second rounder or psd!

I think the Blues missed a big opportunity here. Looks to be a really strong draft.

We cant just hit the draft and only play the kids. We do need senior players of Gibb's capabilities to help guide them.

Losing Gibbs would have seen us smashed off the park week in week out and the new culture Bolton is trying to impose on the club wouldve been torn to shreds. We need Gibbs more than Adelaide, and that was reflected in our asking price and with their highest offer.

Hawthorn were always going to get omeara pal.
Hawthorn did us a solid to get a better deal for Carlisle.
Remember him?
The player you said Carlton would get for a second rounder or psd!

Do you think Carlisle earned his money this year ?
Would have happily taken him for free but were never going to trade fairly for a convicted drug cheat like we did this year for Marchbank.
Don't be salty over missing a free hit at Omeara , just enjoy Stewart ... :D

Congratulations Carlton, you can join GWS as the bad guys for keeping on-contract players.

Pretty much every post in here could've been lifted verbatim from last year's Cam McCarthy thread post-trade period.

In the end for Adelaidenit just didnt happen. Didnt want to pay what Carlton wanted. Simple as that really and you can see both sides here fairly well. Hes contracted and that makes it harder. But Adelaide at the moment dont need to sell the farm with there list.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Actually surprised port didn't have a play for him, if the reason really was just wanting to head home. Could have involved Hartlett and a swap of picks.

We cant just hit the draft and only play the kids. We do need senior players of Gibb's capabilities to help guide them.

Losing Gibbs would have seen us smashed off the park week in week out and the new culture Bolton is trying to impose on the club wouldve been torn to shreds. We need Gibbs more than Adelaide, and that was reflected in our asking price and with their highest offer.
I'm sure I've heard Bolton say he doesn't want players who don't want to be there, I wonder what keeping Gibbs will do to this culture you speak of?

breaking news....

the blues commitment to helping the gibba family with the "family issues" is already working. Things have improved enough for bryce to be away on holiday with his blue bagger teammates.

I'm sure I've heard Bolton say he doesn't want players who don't want to be there, I wonder what keeping Gibbs will do to this culture you speak of?
the thing is, gibba does want be there and more importantly his teammates want him to be there. its just like when wayne campbell wanted to leave the tiggers - ended up finishing his career there which was fantastic for u blokes.

Knowing BG was in Carltons best 3 players I feel the professional naivety shown by Adelaide in negotiating the BG deal knowing they would need to part with a 1st rounder and either an A or B+ player makes me wonder about their management. Going forward I'm hoping Carlton won't be in a similar position on-field as they were with Lachie Henderson in 2015, he played like he didn't want to be there.

Listening to Caro tonight, sounds like Gibbs blindsighted both clubs, only making his intentions known the Friday before trade week. Both clubs started conversations that weekend so this notion that Reid surprised Carlton by "announcing" it is a red herring. The Blues were filthy with Gibbs for giving them no warning - no mention in his exit interview he wanted to go. So it sounds highly doubtful that a trade was ever going to happen. The mistake supporters of both clubs made was in thinking it would.

He didn't blindside Reid - his former manager. The fact he only notified Carlton at the last minute could well have been strategy, to which Carlton got the shits over.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/439a44b7b4492c3c79619eb0c7155789

Heres rumours from before the Grand final - which were denied - so it was known then, even if camps chose to reject them.

While I dislike Carlton immensely, if I were them and had a sense that Gibbs and his former manager were pulling a swifty (rightly or wrongly), i'd be spewing and would have made sure no trade went through unless I got well overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the thing is, gibba does want be there and more importantly his teammates want him to be there. its just like when wayne campbell wanted to leave the tiggers - ended up finishing his career there which was fantastic for u blokes.
The Campbell analogy is a good one actually. Hope for your sake his head is in the right place in the coming year(s).

I think the Blues missed a big opportunity here. Looks to be a really strong draft.

We've brought in a massive amount of young players recently and will again in this draft.

It's like everyone wants us to do a Melbourne and just stack the team with high draft picks thinking they'll eventually come good if you just play them.
You need experience around the kids and without Gibbs our midfield would get slaughtered every week.

There's more to a rebuild than 'get as many high draft picks as you can at all costs'.

We've brought in a massive amount of young players recently and will again in this draft.

It's like everyone wants us to do a Melbourne and just stack the team with high draft picks thinking they'll eventually come good if you just play them.
You need experience around the kids and without Gibbs our midfield would get slaughtered every week.

There's more to a rebuild than 'get as many high draft picks as you can at all costs'.

Going down the Melbourne route would be silly.

He didn't blindside Reid - his former manager. The fact he only notified Carlton at the last minute could well have been strategy, to which Carlton got the shits over.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/439a44b7b4492c3c79619eb0c7155789

Heres rumours from before the Grand final - which were denied - so it was known then, even if camps chose to reject them.

While I dislike Carlton immensely, if I were them and had a sense that Gibbs and his former manager were pulling a swifty (rightly or wrongly), i'd be spewing and would have made sure no trade went through unless I got well overs.

andy mac stated on sen that gibba advised the club a week before the trade period. i think blues got the annoyed because crows didn't speak to blues before making their media announcement.

Could SOS be any more hopeless? Great rebuild this is, with his strategy of 28yos and NEAFL players.
We could copy you blokes and draft over 30's then treat them like s@$t and be neither contending or building a list for sustained success. Happy to keep Gibbs to help with the development of the young guys coming through for the next couple of years. Much the same as Boyd, Morris and Murph have done at the dogs.
Enjoy mediocrity, we know where we are at and it will take time.

andy mac stated on sen that gibba advised the club a week before the trade period. i think blues got the annoyed because crows didn't speak to blues before making their media announcement.

We also told them our price before the trade period. They had no intention to meet that price but announced it to put media pressure on us.

Heard rumours that the crows were keen and knew months ago and penciled in his return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back