Bryce Gibbs - Underwhelming

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs is a pleasant footballer - but i think that's where it remains.

Has some good skills, accumulates the ball - but isn't the guy you'd expect to propel a team forward in the finals

Clearly AFL standard, but not the star you'd hope for with Pick 1 - but in fairness, aside from Selwood, there was no better small man available in his draft

You'd expect a lot more from a no.1 pick tbh. Still young but seriously how much longer can that excuse be used as he's not showing or doing enough..

Frustrates me in the same way Houlihan did. All the skill in the world but refuses to get his hands dirty.

At least Houlihan's hurt factor was high enough that he could afford to skip the hard stuff. When he got the ball, he almost always made the opposition pay.

Gibbs' hurt factor is simply non-existant. Regularly misses set shots and kicks backwards and sideways pretty often.

Gibbs is a pleasant footballer - but i think that's where it remains.

Has some good skills, accumulates the ball - but isn't the guy you'd expect to propel a team forward in the finals

Clearly AFL standard, but not the star you'd hope for with Pick 1 - but in fairness, aside from Selwood, there was no better small man available in the top 50 from his draft

Would take JPK ahead of Gibbs everyday of the week and twice on Mondays.

i don't think putting him behind the ball does him or the team any favors. he isn't going to give a chop out for a leading forward, and if you need him to be the clean ball user coming out then your problems rest elsewhere (ie bower and duigan turning it over). been wasted the last few weeks when he could have helped deliver the ball a bit cleaner into the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Houlihan's hurt factor was high enough that he could afford to skip the hard stuff. When he got the ball, he almost always made the opposition pay.

Gibbs' hurt factor is simply non-existant. Regularly misses set shots and kicks backwards and sideways pretty often.

Not so much backwards, but kicks lots of sideway kicks.

He just needs to get some angry pills.

His old man played for west perth and was hard at it angry player.

Bryce needs to show more desperation, and take some queue's from that hard nut Robinson.

Needs a kick up the arse and needs to learn to do the hard stuff and the little things. Potential to be a top 10 player in the comp but if he keeps coasting will be lucky to make top 40.

I say put him in the VFL for a month in the guts and make him scrap it hard with a tagger every week.

Ah, I see.

The only other player remotely close is Boak, and I would take Gibbs over him anyway.

Looking back now, what a weak draft 2006 was for everyone bar KPP.

There's quite a few talls i'd take over him - but yep agree completely - it was a trollop draft!

There's quite a few talls i'd take over him - but yep agree completely - it was a trollop draft!

Personally, I would take.

Leunberger
Riewoldt
Frawley
Hawkins
Tippett

Ahead of Gibbs with Goldstein close. Looking at the draft, on current form you'd prefer Grigg which is quite ironic.

If the draft were re-done tomorow though, would still be in the top 10 without a doubt.

Has the attributes, without the mentality.

Leunberger
Riewoldt
Frawley
Hawkins
Tippett

Ahead of Gibbs with Goldstein close. Looking at the draft, on current form you'd prefer Grigg which is quite ironic.

If the draft were re-done tomorow though, would still be in the top 10 without a doubt.

Wouldnt take Selwood???????

Leunberger
Riewoldt
Frawley
Hawkins
Tippett

Ben Reid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce Gibbs - Underwhelming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back