Toast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Is this one of the best patches of his career? Hitting the scoreboard, winning plenty of clearances, and best of all he is working hard to get to plenty of contests and he's worked really hard to win the ball or hit the scoreboard like he did in the Geelong game and like he has tried to do in the past two games.

Another strong performance today with 28 disposals (disposal wasn't quite as good as normal however), 9 inside 50s and a goal.

Let's hope he continues this type of play in the future, as Gibbs playing like this will make our midfield a lot less predictable and much better once we sort it out in years to come.

Gets a lot of hate, but surely the idiots who just blindly bash him because he has been an outside guy in the past, who hasn't lived up to their expectations of being a top five league player, can agree that he has been great lately.

Right now he's probably our best player or it's at least a tossup between him and Yarran.

Making the leadership group as an 18 y/o and lazy back pocket positioning gave him a big head and ruined his development. Good to see MM sort him out. However his contract negotiations muddy the water.

Out of contract form. Means little when you pull the finger out to score a pay day. He does it next year and he'll have my respect.
Because he is in grave danger of not being paid if he was poor in the past few weeks?

He already had agreed to a deal weeks before this run of form so misguided statement.

Gibbs has all the attributes to be a great player, has always been good imo but good to see him take his game to another level, hope he keeps it up and we can see him in navy blue for a long time.

Out of contract form. Means little when you pull the finger out to score a pay day. He does it next year and he'll have my respect.
Not buying it. Gibbs' worst games were when contract speculation was at it's peak - see Richmond, Essendon & Melbourne games.

Gibbs is playing well because he's been played in his natural position. He did it last year just not as consistently.

Because he is in grave danger of not being paid if he was poor in the past few weeks?

He already had agreed to a deal weeks before this run of form so misguided statement.
He hasnt signed on the dotted line yet.

Not buying it. Gibbs' worst games were when contract speculation was at it's peak - see Richmond, Essendon & Melbourne games.

Gibbs is playing well because he's been played in his natural position. He did it last year just not as consistently.
Again, every Carlton supporter that has seen a player hold the club to ransom *cough*Waite*cough* is entitled to be a little suspicious of big, multi year contracts. Good form before a player comes up for their big contract, career wise, is not new. Gibbs probably realised how unrealistic his demands were in light of his sub par performance dollar and talent wise and knew he needed to improve to justify his demands. Once he signs, he can play how he likes. We got burnt with Kouta, and he at least gave us a few years of excellence (and also got injured). Until Gibbs does it year on year, I'll retain my cynicism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The goal he kicked yesterday shows how he is playing confidently. Usually he would have tried to find a pass rather than run 15 metres and kick it from 50. Its so important for midfielders to be kicking goals.

On the other side, the goal shiels kicked when he burned off touhy, gibbs was just jogging besides the contest and didnt give a good enough effort.

Has been a much better player and is in no doubt due to playing more on ball. This is the type of player i expected w4 years ago to be honest. Good to see him playing well but this has to be every week and not just an 8 week period.

Really would like to hear something about his contract today. Get it sorted already....

Me too, thats why I was asking about it. If its tonight, hopefully we might hear something about it from the club or maybe on one of the footy shows. Would be something positive from a pretty depressing weekend.

Me too, thats why I was asking about it. If its tonight, hopefully we might hear something about it from the club or maybe on one of the footy shows. Would be something positive from a pretty depressing weekend.
I would expect them to tell us this week if its happening. Would make me so happy haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back