Mega Thread Buckley Contract extension

Does Nathan deserve a contract extension?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

no doubt that injuries have uncovered a serious lack of depth players -- a problem that may well be exaggerated by the trading of future picks too -- but basically the gameplan is not standing up.....
some players basic skills are not good enough....and precise disposal is crucial in the modern game.......is that a recruiting issue, probably

Bolton has completely revamped Carlton in a few months largely based on education / gameplan ...so could Bucks be doing better, probably

Pies have forgotten the one key ingredient if you are going to rebuild. He forgot to add depth. Almost like buckley is playing supercoach with his team and loaded up the bench with 100K players....

No depth no pies. But of course they will cover up the cracks in the wall and state injuries as an excuse.

The coach cant accept responsibility - nor the CEO McChins, and it seems neither can the fans of the club.

What of Judd's opinion that this list was built to prosper in the stoppage game style?

Any who follows the Pies more closely agree with this?

Guys everyone is focusing on Buckley without thinking of the real victim here. Lend a thought to poor Levi greenwood who was 6-7th on our midfielders pecking order and now has a long term contract with this rabble :( poor fella

I remember Neeld got sacked after QB. The pressure was enormous as a supporter you could feel it, now i'm not closely attuned to Collingwood, the heat is on but i don't think the pressure has built up to a critical level yet

Guys everyone is focusing on Buckley without thinking of the real victim here. Lend a thought to poor Levi greenwood who was 6-7th on our midfielders pecking order and now has a long term contract with this rabble :( poor fella
thought it was weird that he left actually, didn't he come near top in NM's B+F the year that he left?

What of Judd's opinion that this list was built to prosper in the stoppage game style?

Any who follows the Pies more closely agree with this?
Haven't heard those comments by Judd but that is correct.

Adams, Pendlebury, Greenwood - all slower players

Sidebottom, Crisp and Swan are a bit quicker but not quick.

Treloar and Varcoe are our only fast mids really.

IMO Buckley definitely banked on winning clearances and the rest would follow type of approach.

With less rotations perhaps he thought more stoppages?

In any event, Pies have been very ordinary in stoppages so I don't think more stoppages would help.

So Buckley's mantra for this week is for the players to "harden up."

This isn't the 1970s and he isn't Tommy Hafey. What's he going to do as a coach - turn off the hot water in the showers? Break out the heavy punch bags and strap on the gloves? Take the players on laps of the 'tan?

The reason why he lost at the weekend was he was playing a coach who has a lot of poor players but has quickly established a system. Organization. I've seen Bev do it from day one at the Dogs. Players given a job that plays to their strengths and made to do it well.

This is where Bucks would have benefited from an apprenticeship. You can't just tell players to crack in these days.

I heard a rumour that some players aren't sure what the gameplan is at Collingwood. They play that way, certainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/collingw...e-of-being-a-minidynasty-20160510-gos542.html

"I think when Nathan Buckley took that job over, that was his side. He had to do what he wanted to do with it," Malthouse said on SEN on Wednesday. "I thought the club was on the verge of being a mini-dynasty, if you like, because it was one or the youngest premiership sides in recent history."

Another notable Mick quote.

Pies fans, do you agree?

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/collingw...e-of-being-a-minidynasty-20160510-gos542.html

"I think when Nathan Buckley took that job over, that was his side. He had to do what he wanted to do with it," Malthouse said on SEN on Wednesday. "I thought the club was on the verge of being a mini-dynasty, if you like, because it was one or the youngest premiership sides in recent history."

Pies fans, do you agree?

Mick might be a bitter old man, but that doesn't mean he isn't right here.

Pies fans, do you agree?
They agreed at the end of 2010. Not sure mini was thrown around too often back then

Pies fans, do you agree?

"Malthouse said he was confident the Pies - who have since finished fourth, eighth, 11th and 12th and have just two wins from seven rounds so far this season - had "all the ingredients" to thrive for another four or five years. He said he saw no need for the clean-out that saw the likes of Heath Shaw and others depart

But that's each to his own and that's the prerogative of the coach," Malthouse said. "I thought we had a pretty good side. Look, Heath Shaw won the best and fairest at Greater Western Sydney last year, [Sharrod] Wellingham played in a grand final last year, [Heritier Lumumba's] on the up."

Malthouse skilfully remodelled the 2010 side on the fly, phasing out/losing Presti (32), O'Bree (31), Lockyer (30), Medhurst (28) & Fraser (28) during the year, and omitting Davis (29) from the replay. One of only two premiers in the last 30 years that fielded younger teams in the second half of the season.

14 players under 24 on GF day. They were set for a long run at the top.

I remember Neeld got sacked after QB. The pressure was enormous as a supporter you could feel it, now i'm not closely attuned to Collingwood, the heat is on but i don't think the pressure has built up to a critical level yet
I don't know but Eddie seems to be feeling a bit of pressure. Once you bring your own kids in as deflection, something ain't right.

Pies fans, do you agree?

Not really, 2012 was probably our last chance with that team. It's pretty easy for him to see this in hindsight, but we were falling away in late 2011. Who knows what would have happened though

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Buckley Contract extension

Back