Bullants Ridiculous Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

marcmurphy3

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know what Barry Mitchell was thinking when he selected this weeks Bullants team. Paul Bower, Jake Edwards, Chris Bryan and Jesse Smith should all have played. It's like he wanted to pick the Carlton dud Brigade. Originally I thought some of these guys may have been dropped because they had quiet games last week. Then I noticed that Bower, Edwards and Smith were all in the Bullants Reserves best in their 2 point loss. Did anyone actually see this game. Do have stats for these guys?

What was he thinking?

Yeah, seen the reserves game, bower dominated of halfback made some bad decisions but backed himself. Smith was awesome had 34 touches kicked 2 goals, edwardes was also good not outstanding but good. Jacko was very good with 33 touches and 2 goals.

marcmurphy3 said:
I don't know what Barry Mitchell was thinking when he selected this weeks Bullants team. Paul Bower, Jake Edwards, Chris Bryan and Jesse Smith should all have played. It's like he wanted to pick the Carlton dud Brigade. Originally I thought some of these guys may have been dropped because they had quiet games last week. Then I noticed that Bower, Edwards and Smith were all in the Bullants Reserves best in their 2 point loss. Did anyone actually see this game. Do have stats for these guys?

What was he thinking?
isnt there a ruling where you can only have x amount of afl players in your team? correct me if im wrong...maybe they hit their quota or something...

There is a 12/10 rule except for Geelong who can have as many as they like as long as they haven't played too many games for the Geelong AFL seniors:) Most of the selections were justified except for possibly the four or five 50/50's. When it was a toss up as to who was selected they went for the older bloke. All the selections could be argued were logical, but for me I would have gone for the younger guy if there wasn't much to choose between one player or the other. Better for us in the long term and it brings the enthusiasm of youth to the team:) The balance between youth and experience even with the competition rule restrictions just didn't seem right.

It would appear that Barry Mitchell also realised yesterday that the selections he made were incorrect. At the quarter time huddle he made mention of the fact that he chose certain players over the kids who really deserved to be there because they do have a go.

It was a disgraceful performance by the Bullants yesterday and pretty poor coaching from Mitchell as well if you ask me. He really didn't say anything valuable to the players at quarter time and three quarter time.

There is a quota of how many carlton players but how
that ******* troy longmuir gets a game before bryan,jackson,
bower, smith is beyond me. I spoke to bryan the week before at
the game and he was told there was no room for him and he was
shattered!

Have heard from an inside source that pagan wanted a certain young midfielder to play yesterday, only for mitchell to not go with the request. His team his selections. Obviously all not well between pagan and mitchell. I believe it has caused quite a stir within the club.Looks seriously like mitchell is on his bike, sweet is the taste of bitter revenge hey pagan?

Wrong Johnny 3, we actually won in the hitout department,but got smashed in the clearances. First QTR was 9 to 1 sandys way.Sandy dominated around the stoppages, their onballers made our guys look second rate, Blacky included . Simply put mitchell knew we were down in the onball department but put his faith in the players that have been around the club for a while and become his good mates. As I have already said there is no room for sentiment come finals time. Mitchell simply fu**ed up.

kickgoals said:
Have heard from an inside source that pagan wanted a certain young midfielder to play yesterday, only for mitchell to not go with the request. /QUOTE]

OK give us one tiny piece of evidence that would suggest that there is any truth to this whatsoever!
Or, why don't you simply admit that you fabricated it purely for your own peurile amusement!
What would ever make you think that Pagan gave a rat's about who played for the Ants? What would ever make you think that Pagan's view of anyone would be affected by how they played (or did not play) in a VFL match?

But , just for my amusement, tell us some more about the connections of your "inside source", and who was the "certain young midfielder?"

It doesn't matter how many times people bring this point up, people just completely ignore it.

So for the last time... Chris Bryan has a bad attitude, is lazy and is unwilling to do the sort of work required at AFL level. It's the reason he didn't play until very late in the year and it's the reason he didn't play on the weekend.

Yes, he's very talented. Yes, based on talent, he should be in the side, but you can't put up with one guy not pulling his weight because he's talented... unless you want to promote that sort of poor club culture.

kickgoals said:
Have heard from an inside source that pagan wanted a certain young midfielder to play yesterday, only for mitchell to not go with the request. His team his selections. Obviously all not well between pagan and mitchell. I believe it has caused quite a stir within the club.Looks seriously like mitchell is on his bike, sweet is the taste of bitter revenge hey pagan?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5831238#post5831238

OZBomb said:
It doesn't matter how many times people bring this point up, people just completely ignore it.

So for the last time... Chris Bryan has a bad attitude, is lazy and is unwilling to do the sort of work required at AFL level. It's the reason he didn't play until very late in the year and it's the reason he didn't play on the weekend.

Yes, he's very talented. Yes, based on talent, he should be in the side, but you can't put up with one guy not pulling his weight because he's talented... unless you want to promote that sort of poor club culture.

Top post! :thumbsu:

Its enough that we have lazy players at our club, what gets me worried is that some supporters are still calling for us to recruit Gardiner when his attitude is slightly more problematic than just being lazy. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kickgoals said:
Wrong Johnny 3, we actually won in the hitout department,but got smashed in the clearances. First QTR was 9 to 1 sandys way.Sandy dominated around the stoppages, their onballers made our guys look second rate, Blacky included . Simply put mitchell knew we were down in the onball department but put his faith in the players that have been around the club for a while and become his good mates. As I have already said there is no room for sentiment come finals time. Mitchell simply fu**ed up.
i watched the whole f'n game nd there wouldve been all of 2 hitouts to advantage

Actually, believe it or not I do not even know the guy, he is from my area and I have had an interest in his footy from when he played at rupo. Is it against the rules to like the way a player goes about his game? Its just like jacksons friends and family getting on here and pumping up his tyres. Or the pathetic abuse and critisism most of the posters that get on here get off on.Get over yourselves and try encouraging a player instead of killing off his career before it even begins. And as far as whether he is promoted or delisted, what would some of you care you have already judged the poor kid, on game time that was hardy worth noting. My tip is that you will be bagging smith for at least another season, by which time you will be singing his praises.

vinny said:
There is a quota of how many carlton players but how
that ******* troy longmuir gets a game before bryan,jackson,
bower, smith is beyond me. I spoke to bryan the week before at
the game and he was told there was no room for him and he was
shattered!
Absolutely spot on!!!

Longmuir was nothing short of atrocious last week and how he possibly got a game ahead of these guys defies all logic.

kickgoals said:
Is it against the rules to like the way a player goes about his game?

Now listen kick goals, I didn't even know who you were referring to! (although the later response from another poster certainly shows who the centre of your affections is!).
The focus of my post was for you to give me one shred of evidence that what you say is true - that a credible source told you that Pagan wanted a certain player in the Bullants team, and that Mitchell defied him by refusing to do so. It is irrelevant who the player is or was! My view is that Pagan would have no involvement in Mitchell's team unless expressly asked for that assistance by Mitchell.
So, to avoid being a total laughing stock, come up with some sort of an explanation to show us that you did not simply fabricate the whole story for your own peurile amusement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullants Ridiculous Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back