Bulldogs breach the cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

a) A Fine
b) Points taken away (approx.4)
c) expulsion

I chose c. the expulsion, but the NRL won't have the guts :rolleyes: they'll probably choose a) but if they dont choose c. then they should be punished with both a and b.

it is outrageous, not that hard to win so many games when youre spending so much to keep quality players. how are honest clubs meant to compete when they have to give up their big names because of salary cap restrictions. i think the NRL will, and most definitely should, expel the bulldogs from the finals series. i rememner in 1990 the raiders were in breach of the salary cap by $500,000 and it was discovered in 1991. there were many who said they should be stripped of the 1990 premiership, and the then governing body, the NSWRL, who only imposed a $300,000 fine was heavily critisised for its soft approach.

David Gallop has made a point that he will be very severe on any salary cap breach, and given the magnitude of this one, and the obvious cover up attempt, expect expulsion. im not sure the cheif executives of the bulldogs and these other financiers should be immune from criminal investigations either. given the recent events in america, one tel and HIH, i would expect the police to be called in on a matter like this. it is corporate fraud no less.

who's been listening to 2GB? ray hadley interviewed the lady who found this salary cap fraud by accident. she said that her investigations were ongoing and she believed that something else just as startling could be uncovered in the next few days with regard to that property developer (forget the name) building the pub and entertainment facilities in canterbury.

she also said that she expects the bulldogs to fess up, and also ask the NRL to investigate other clubs (look out broncos and newcastle). she also expects the police to get involved.

As a young boy watching Rugby League, I have dreamed that something like this may happen to Canterbury (see '85 Grand Final). If the allegations are proven I would consider this JUST lower than Saints winning the GF.

I will say nothing further until the allegations are proven.

Originally posted by nicko18
it is outrageous, not that hard to win so many games when youre spending so much to keep quality players. how are honest clubs meant to compete when they have to give up their big names because of salary cap restrictions. i think the NRL will, and most definitely should, expel the bulldogs from the finals series. i rememner in 1990 the raiders were in breach of the salary cap by $500,000 and it was discovered in 1991. there were many who said they should be stripped of the 1990 premiership, and the then governing body, the NSWRL, who only imposed a $300,000 fine was heavily critisised for its soft approach.

David Gallop has made a point that he will be very severe on any salary cap breach, and given the magnitude of this one, and the obvious cover up attempt, expect expulsion. im not sure the cheif executives of the bulldogs and these other financiers should be immune from criminal investigations either. given the recent events in america, one tel and HIH, i would expect the police to be called in on a matter like this. it is corporate fraud no less.

All proven by nicko18 the judge, jury, and farken executioner.

Originally posted by nicko18
who's been listening to 2GB? ray hadley interviewed the lady who found this salary cap fraud by accident. she said that her investigations were ongoing and she believed that something else just as startling could be uncovered in the next few days with regard to that property developer (forget the name) building the pub and entertainment facilities in canterbury.

she also said that she expects the bulldogs to fess up, and also ask the NRL to investigate other clubs (look out broncos and newcastle). she also expects the police to get involved.

All hail judge and jury of heresay Nicko18

Originally posted by Dr Zaius
As a young boy watching Rugby League, I have dreamed that something like this may happen to Canterbury (see '85 Grand Final). If the allegations are proven I would consider this JUST lower than Saints winning the GF.

I will say nothing further until the allegations are proven.

aaahhhh a Saints supporter who still can get over '85. Well pal they were s.hit then and they a s.hit now.

Only way your inferior teams can get anywhere near the Dogs is to try and get them kicked out of the comp. Tall poppy syndrome alive and kicking in the jealous fools from Kogorah and Brookvale.

Originally posted by Joffaboy

aaahhhh a Saints supporter who still can get over '85. Well pal they were s.hit then and they a s.hit now.

Only way your inferior teams can get anywhere near the Dogs is to try and get them kicked out of the comp. Tall poppy syndrome alive and kicking in the jealous fools from Kogorah and Brookvale.

What a perfect day.

Dogs shown up for the cheats they always have been since 1935 and Joffa made to look like a fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs breach the cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back