Bulldogs forward line=Dads Army!

Remove this Banner Ad

No. They'll basically be one of the scariest forward lines in the league. They already had the capability of big scores, this makes them even more formidable.

To be frank, I rate them as premiership favs for 2010.

Yep. Johnson and Aker were their 2 leading goalkickers this season so they would be hoping neither drop off in form over the next year or so. As soon as both retire the Bullies are ******, their window is closing very fast. They should bring back Welsh and Eagleton to complete their Dad's Army collection. :D

lol @ the people having a go at the Doggies forward line.

A Melbourne and a West Coast supporter lol Pfftt

Dads Army of guns. All three could start to play like old men but if they have similar seasons to this year (Hall was playing well before we got rid of him) they will have one of the best forward lines in the league. Throw in Hahn, Higgins and Murphy at times. Hill and Gia are good for goals. Pretty good lineup. If they keep Lake then I'd say they should be equal premiership favourites with Geelong and St Kilda.

They are quality but they will need to manage them carefully as older players form tends to taper off towards the end of a long season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based upon this years form, you'd suggest not....

But for players over 30, form can tail off quite quickly.... If that happens, then it might make life difficult. We do have quite a few younger players to come through over the next few years.

AFL defenders will just run off that all day long.
Fair call in relation to Aker and Johnson, but Hall? He would not have had a career at Sydney if he didn't work bloody hard defensively up forward for the Swans. He has always had a terrific defensive work ethic for a big man.

Still, we could do with a mid sized defensive forward in the McQualter/Osborne mould to work fanatically to keep the ball inside forward 50. Our half-forward line was a little trampoline-like on occasions this season with the opposition rebounding from defensive 50.

AFL defenders will just run off that all day long.

Apparently we are interested in a quality small forward to help provide some more forward line pressure, so it's been acknowledged as a potential weakness.

They've got one year to make an impact with these guys.

After that there's a bit of a void waiting for Grant and Cordy to mature.

Higgins Murphy and Hahn aren't too old, but I think Higgins is much more useful delivering it into the forward line. Not a bad selection of players there but not what you'd call a premiership winning forward line.

Dont have a go at Melbourne just because the thread starter is a Demon.

He/She has a valid point. I would say thread worthy.

Saying the Demons have a kids army forward line is not a comeback.

Apparently we are interested in a quality small forward to help provide some more forward line pressure, so it's been acknowledged as a potential weakness.
could move harbrow back up forward and bugger hill off?

Harbrow? He has been awesome in defence but maybe Eade put him back there to hammer home a defensive mindset in him with a move back to the forward line always on the cards. I'd rather leave him where he is but it could be easier to find a small defensive replacement rather than a small forward.

EDIT: Optimax beat me to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs forward line=Dads Army!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back