Check-Raise !

Formally: 1870 Proud
Jun 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Northern Districts Baseball Club,
Not sure what to think here. Never should wish injuries on anyone (excluding the cows ;)) but at the same time I do hope he doesn't have a stellar season.

I also want Shaun to have an average season purely based on form (not injuries).

Shaun Burgoyne: Oh................um...........Clarko, can I talk to you for a sec

Clarko: What is it Shaun?

Shaun Burgoyne: I have just twinged my hammy.

Clarko: How bad is it?

Shaun Burgoyne: Its just a slight twinge.

Clarko: Thats all right Shaun, we will just rest it for 2 weeks and you will be fine

Shaun Burgoyne: I wil probably need 12 weeks Clarko

Clarko: 12 WEEKS!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????????

Shaun Burgoyne: I'm a slow healer Carko. Dont forget it took me 12 weeks to get over a bruised knee last year.

Clarko: @%$^#*#@$^#%!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody Port Adelaide didnt tell us that when they walked off into the sunset with our pick 9

Shaun Burgoyne: I'm sorry Clarko

Clarko: Ah dont worry Shaun just keep reading that book I gave you on 'How to win a centre clearance when the ruckman doesn't put the ball down your throat'

I was hoping this news wouldn't find its way to the Port board.

We got pick 9 & 16, so I'm more interested in the development of Moore and Pittard.

Sorry Forzaport, it was inevitable.... ;)

I'm certain there will be even more threads over the summer re Burgs and hopefully even more about Mr P and Mr M.... good news stories for the latter that is :thumbsu:.

I was hoping this news wouldn't find its way to the Port board.

We got pick 9 & 16, so I'm more interested in the development of Moore and Pittard.
I agree. We come across as nothing more than bitter supporters from his former club. I wish Shaun Burgoyne all the best in his endeavours at Hawthorn. It can't be forgotten that he did help the team win it's first flag and from memory, his smother on Stephen Milne was a big part of that in the preliminary final in 2004.

Andrew Moore and Jasper Pittard is what I am concerned with now.

That's it. It's bad luck for Shaun, but we should be concerned purely with things like Jasper's red meat consumption and Moore's proximity to Cameron Cloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try as I might to not take any enjoyment out of SB's injury, I have to be honest with myself..... it put a smile on my face when I heard. Ahhhh that feels better, the truth will set you free.

How can you not love Shaun?

Firstly, he got us into the 04 granny.

Secondly, he has been living off reputation since and was able to net us 2 high draft picks, guys with talent and a good attitude which is something SB never had.

How can you not love Shaun?

Firstly, he got us into the 04 granny.

Secondly, he has been living off reputation since and was able to net us 2 high draft picks, guys with talent and a good attitude which is something SB never had.

I have to admit Shaun Burgoyne has been a great club man. We got the best out of him and when his body was not up to it we were able to net some good picks.

With Gibson and Burgoyne coming to the end of their careers and the amount of bad picks the Hawks have had in recent years I'd be more than happy to take Buddy Franklin off them while they rebuild and look for early picks over the next few years. (Buddy was a big Power supporter as a kid, time for him to live his childhood dream).

I have to admit Shaun Burgoyne has been a great club man. We got the best out of him and when his body was not up to it we were able to net some good picks.
From what I understand Shaun did his best to get us some decent picks. Sometimes I find it really hard to be angry at him.

(Buddy was a big Power supporter as a kid, time for him to live his childhood dream).
Really? :D 2010 trade target!

Shaun didn't have talent? He oozed it...

Was a prima donna for not getting the captaincy and didn't have elite drive like say kane cornes.

Still, we developed a quality player there and I can't wait to see him debut for the hawks so the public can see just what sort of player port really helped mould.

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgoyne tears hamstring..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back