Rumour Buried Treasure (name WIP) - unconfirmed gossip.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of smoke regarding Dan Curtin. Another benefit of targeting Pickett and not Warner is more cap space for players like Curtin to join the ranks. Not quite as bullish on him as others so I'm happy to wait another year to monitor his progression. Idk if a trade can happen before his contract ends.

Curtin in my opinion will always be the WA IT

I'll share something I heard ages ago. This player, who didn't do drugs, would be frustrated when they all returned from the off-season that he was in less shape than those blokes that did do drugs. So this poor bugger, who did the right thing and only drank beers in the off season, had to do extra work on the track to catch-up to those naughty boys who indulged in recreational drugs.

However true or not I have NFI as I heard it third hand. But it seemed/seems plausible, and it rammed home to me how many players in the system do things they shouldn't. Including those at my club. I think Dale Lewis was right and was hung out to dry by the AFL boys club.

I'll share something I heard ages ago. This player, who didn't do drugs, would be frustrated when they all returned from the off-season that he was in less shape than those blokes that did do drugs. So this poor bugger, who did the right thing and only drank beers in the off season, had to do extra work on the track to catch-up to those naughty boys who indulged in recreational drugs.

However true or not I have NFI as I heard it third hand. But it seemed/seems plausible, and it rammed home to me how many players in the system do things they shouldn't. Including those at my club. I think Dale Lewis was right and was hung out to dry by the AFL boys club.
i mean he didn't do the right thing if he came back out of shape.

What I'm getting is that Swaggy needs to do more drugs or he can GTFO!

*For any kids reading, don't do this. Leave it to the professionals

Alcohol is the most damaging drug you can put in your body so I'm not surprised that
A) players that smash the piss over summer come back more out of condition than others, and
B) elite athletes often prefer drugs over alcohol.

Each to their own though. I'm drinking a beer as I write this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alcohol is the most damaging drug you can put in your body so I'm not surprised that
A) players that smash the piss over summer come back more out of condition than others, and
B) elite athletes often prefer drugs over alcohol.

Each to their own though. I'm drinking a beer as I write this.
drunk baby drinking GIF

Hardcore. I take it shooting up heroin was a gateway drug to your alcohol consumption.
I'm not actually qualified to weigh in on whether alcohol or opium is worse for you but I know you can only get one of them in hospital when you're sick.

I brew beer so I'm no alcohol hater. But it makes sense to me that professional athletes would prefer other options to alcohol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Buried Treasure (name WIP) - unconfirmed gossip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back