Burton Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't think so, but i think he need to rest anyway...

But absoubtly Rielly is gone, I mean in Adelaide... too many injuries which cost his career...

wont go hit Selwood on the side of the shoulder no where near the head the umpire was right there and even said to Selwood " no where near your head, you played for it" might get a reprimand because of his bad record though

the selwood one should get thrown out, to me burton looked like he was trying to slow down, had he dropped his knees then he might having something to answer too, nothing in that one

Was at the game but don't know exactly which incidents these were. Was one when the Geelong player headbutted his hip in the forward 50? That couldn't possibly be a report, even in the current environment. Not sure what the other one was.

What has happened to Burton since a couple of weeks before the break? Is he carrying a major injury? He is stinking it up! Before that he was on fire, great stats for goals and assists and leading on the field. It's all come crashing down around him tho.

What has happened to Burton since a couple of weeks before the break? Is he carrying a major injury? He is stinking it up! Before that he was on fire, great stats for goals and assists and leading on the field. It's all come crashing down around him tho.

I think it has a lot to do with the quality of delivery into the forward line in the last couple of games, the opposition we've played and basically having 3 weeks out of footy, no doubt his out of form but probably needs to get few games under his belt before you can fairly judge him

Didn't think there was much in it.

What about the hit on Goodwin in the final quarter? He released the ball and it looked like someone clotheslined him afterwards. No replay on the big screens and no mention on the radio. Maybe there was nothing in it? :confused:

What about the hit on Goodwin in the final quarter? He released the ball and it looked like someone clotheslined him afterwards. No replay on the big screens and no mention on the radio. Maybe there was nothing in it? :confused:

I only saw that out of the corner of my eye, it was pretty close to where I was sitting tho.

2 Crows trainers ran off the bench towards him as soon as he got hit but he got up very soon after hitting the deck.

I would have to see it again but my instinct tells me it was a fair hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didnt hit him in the head, but there was no real intent for the ball either. could go either way with the tribunal these days.

Can someone please explain to me what Burton could have done? Selwood was down and was sliding towards Burton who was standing there. Contact was unavoidable.
That is correct. Burton basically just stood still whiel Selwood was trying to pick up the ball and whilst the front on contact ones always look ordinary I don't think he'll go for that one.

That is correct. Burton basically just stood still whiel Selwood was trying to pick up the ball and whilst the front on contact ones always look ordinary I don't think he'll go for that one.

I think that is a bit of a stretch, but I agree there is no report there. No contact made with the head so how can it be reportable ???

Contact was definitely to the shoulder with probably a gentle brush to Selwood's ear. It did look like it had a bit of force via momentum but who the hell knows what might happen with it, Adam Goodes can brace himself and deliberately clip someones head and get away with it. Selwood got right up and started barking at the umpire, at least it wasn't Farmer or Medhurst they'd have scored a free kick, report on the spot and a goal :thumbsu:

you have to LOL at this...

What else could Burton do ?

I mean he looks 7 foot tall and selwood looked abou 4 foot tall next to him, Burton had to drop his body into it, No one is going to stand up and cop that kind hit stright Into the front of your body.....

Will be a shame if he gets done for that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Burton Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back