Bye structure

Remove this Banner Ad

adelaidecrow

Rookie
Aug 21, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
realy struggling to know how the best way to go about stucturing my team for the buys this year.undecided weather having 3 keepers in def,fwd is a bad move or if structuring my team with max 2 keepers from each buy is the right way to go to start with? would be very interested to hear some regular bf posters-expeirienced dt`ers thoughts on this? cheers!

Re: buy structure

Currently i've worked out that I'll get 3 zero's each week. I'll take that.

Pretty straight fwd, but I'll spell it out for you:

Start with rookies with rnd 12 bye.
Upgrade them to premiums in rnd 12 that had the rnd 11 bye.
Profit.

Start with rookies with the rnd 13 bye.
Upgrade them to premiums in rnd 13 that had the rnd 11/12 bye.

Only issue with this is that those rookies may have already peaked, not playing regularly, already rubbish etc. etc. etc. so the plan is full of HUGE fatal flaws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's certainly tough to know who to buy to negotiate the byes. Getting it wrong could mean bye bye but nailing it could mean no need to buy a car.

Buyer beware!

I don't know whether you can count on it. It's like counting on the weather.

Crisp!

My tip:
Works for def, mid + fwd.
3x Premiums all in a different bye schedule, then work your team around that.
Similar to this:
Def: STK, ESS, ADL (Premiums) then the rest..
Mid: COL, HAW, BL (Premiums) then the rest..
FWD: HAW, GEEL, NM (Premiums) then the rest..

Obviously, try not to pick more then one player from the same team in the same position.
Try and have DT Talk open while picking your team, as they have the BYE structure on the front page. Then try and pick a team that doesnt clash (and have emergencies that can fill gaps during BYES)
Being more conscious with the BYE actually makes you sleep better at night :)

Bye's Round 11 - 13

Is the Bye Round's between the rounds 11 - 13 daunt you? How do you feel about these three rounds, what do you think you will for this round at the moment if you just have a quick glance to the future? Are you going to just forget about them rounds, wait til it happens or are you going to try & eventuate something early like a plan???

I just made this thread cause i'm think about my team, if I should make it more flexible for them rounds......

Re: Bye's Round 11 - 13

Nameless- Whilst you can ignore it to some extent, you don't want to initially select 4 keepers in your back line with same bye. e.g.. scotland, goddard, birch all, deledio. I agree that when it comes to rookies it mostly irrelevant due to them being traded out before the byes, however if they intend to be keepers you need to be careful.

adding this on... 'semi-ignoring' might cover what I've said

Everybody wants to be ranked as high as they can.

The option for people only after a league win is to tank 1 round. Stock up on Premiums from one of the bye rounds.

Would most likely guarantee a 2-1 record over those rounds.

Not relevant to most people because everyone is going to win the car but an option for League players.

Everybody wants to be ranked as high as they can.

The option for people only after a league win is to tank 1 round. Stock up on Premiums from one of the bye rounds.

Would most likely guarantee a 2-1 record over those rounds.

Not relevant to most people because everyone is going to win the car but an option for League players.

What do you mean by tank round one, I am not quite getting this whole statement?

What do you mean by tank round one, I am not quite getting this whole statement?
Not Round one but one round.

If going for league, load up on players who have the bye in Round 12 (and therefore are playing Round 11 and 13), that is fill you team of COL, ESS, FRE, GEE, MEL and SYD players (with minimal others).

In rounds 11 and 13 you will be fielding full strength teams against teams that are cobbled together. In round 12 you'll score ~400 points. The hope is to take away 2 wins from the 3 rounds.

Of course for overall this is useless.

Not Round one but one round.

If going for league, load up on players who have the bye in Round 12 (and therefore are playing Round 11 and 13), that is fill you team of COL, ESS, FRE, GEE, MEL and SYD players (with minimal others).

In rounds 11 and 13 you will be fielding full strength teams against teams that are cobbled together. In round 12 you'll score ~400 points. The hope is to take away 2 wins from the 3 rounds.

Of course for overall this is useless.

Thank tants, Yes that was the point.

Realise it is useless for overall but there are league players out there and was just voicing an alternative if that was your aim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye structure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back