Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently 3 of hawkes best are going to hastings(willie allick)

Have heard it on the grape vine (not a bad name for a song by the way) that Port Douglas have picked up one fron WAFL and two from Sanfl along with several from very good leagues in Vic. Paul Cox is out to buy a premiership, nothing different with Port.

Have heard it on the grape vine (not a bad name for a song by the way) that Port Douglas have picked up one fron WAFL and two from Sanfl along with several from very good leagues in Vic. Paul Cox is out to buy a premiership, nothing different with Port.
The way these blood shot eyes see it ---CAFL is starting to be taken a bit more seriously, what with some of the calibre currently playing ,bring em on and we all win, plus all older water boyz can retire disgracefully to the bar

The way these blood shot eyes see it ---CAFL is starting to be taken a bit more seriously, what with some of the calibre currently playing ,bring em on and we all win, plus all older water boyz can retire disgracefully to the bar

I agree with the higher quality players that come to the league it's great, but most only stay a year or two and then are gone. You miss my point with Port though, they have never won a flag with a large number of home grown lads. They may be on the right track at the moment but their youngsters are still a few years off yet. So what do Port do BUY another flag. If that is not about ego then what is.

I agree with the higher quality players that come to the league it's great, but most only stay a year or two and then are gone. You miss my point with Port though, they have never won a flag with a large number of home grown lads. They may be on the right track at the moment but their youngsters are still a few years off yet. So what do Port do BUY another flag. If that is not about ego then what is.
what load of crap,they are young club trying to make it the best club possible,just the same as any other club in the competition,there are some juniors coming through which are slowly coming along and they'll get there chance when ready,like most clubs in the afl cairns if you don't recruit you don't fill a team, if a premeirship comes good luck to them. how about having a crack at other club's r.e. south cairns.cairns saints,manunda all trying to do the same ''win''

what load of crap,they are young club trying to make it the best club possible,just the same as any other club in the competition,there are some juniors coming through which are slowly coming along and they'll get there chance when ready,like most clubs in the afl cairns if you don't recruit you don't fill a team, if a premeirship comes good luck to them. how about having a crack at other club's r.e. south cairns.cairns saints,manunda all trying to do the same ''win''

Let's hope u r not using grant money like u guys did a few yrs ago to pay players re the lights fiasco. Yeah south cairns, saints and manunda might be doing the same, the point being, it is typical of port, I dont think the others do it with the same frequency. Souths claim $50 per player and Saints and Manunda claim no payments for players, makes one laugh.:mad:

Lets not forget ,there are other clubs in the league also recruiting from south of the border ,doing just the same or trying to as the teams named . I still say if we can get them up here , without deprement to the young ones or the players that have put in years of service ,then the comp. will improve and our juniors will benifit and be taken up by the bigger boyz. Just look at the home grown two playing now for the Bombers and Bulldogs . Ok they may have too leave the area for a season or so to hone the skills they got here ,wouldn't it be fantastic to one day see a draft pick straight from our league .Yes we all want a flag for our club of our choice . if memory serves me correct , all south cairns appearances in finals football have included at least 16 -18 from their junior base including the 2003 grand final win, :rolleyes:

Lets not forget ,there are other clubs in the league also recruiting from south of the border ,doing just the same or trying to as the teams named . I still say if we can get them up here , without deprement to the young ones or the players that have put in years of service ,then the comp. will improve and our juniors will benifit and be taken up by the bigger boyz. Just look at the home grown two playing now for the Bombers and Bulldogs . Ok they may have too leave the area for a season or so to hone the skills they got here ,wouldn't it be fantastic to one day see a draft pick straight from our league .Yes we all want a flag for our club of our choice . if memory serves me correct , all south cairns appearances in finals football have included at least 16 -18 from their junior base including the 2003 grand final win, :rolleyes:

I was living in Cairns in 2003 and saw Souths win the flag. Yeah they had a lot of locals, I would say 10-12 not 16-18 as you claim, but still a good effort. I return to Cairns to live shortly and look frwd to seeing local content playing. You still miss my point, Port have very few locals in recent years that have played in a flag. Granted 2-3 but no more from their juniors. The future maybe in 3-5 years Port will have some and I look frwd to this. It is very important that we continue to grow the game in Port as there is strong rep with other codes in a small area and I wish Port well but don't just buy a flag. That's all I'm trying to get across.:thumbsu:

I was living in Cairns in 2003 and saw Souths win the flag. Yeah they had a lot of locals, I would say 10-12 not 16-18 as you claim, but still a good effort. I return to Cairns to live shortly and look frwd to seeing local content playing. You still miss my point, Port have very few locals in recent years that have played in a flag. Granted 2-3 but no more from their juniors. The future maybe in 3-5 years Port will have some and I look frwd to this. It is very important that we continue to grow the game in Port as there is strong rep with other codes in a small area and I wish Port well but don't just buy a flag. That's all I'm trying to get across.:thumbsu:

Agree but where do we go with this. Maybe some others that actually comment on this site. Get real.

Agree but where do we go with this. Maybe some others that actually comment on this site. Get real.
south cairns have supposible recruited quite well.. pat rattray who played for seymour in the 2005 premeirship. hayden foss ,geelong in the vfl,who comes with big rapps and also a highly sought after c/hf from yarrawonga . no dought they would have a lot more.. anymore info please:confused:

Heard Saints were going after 4-5 top liners from Cobras. Nesbit and crew. That would devistate the Cobras and wouldn't be very good for the league or comp. I hope the league step in if that was the case.:(

south cairns have supposible recruited quite well.. pat rattray who played for seymour in the 2005 premeirship. hayden foss ,geelong in the vfl,who comes with big rapps and also a highly sought after c/hf from yarrawonga . no dought they would have a lot more.. anymore info please:confused:

Ratray returned to Vic and has re signed with club down there. We tried to sign him in Darwin recently.Foss has gone overseas with his girlfriend will give footy a miss for a year. Don't about the chf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratray returned to Vic and has re signed with club down there. We tried to sign him in Darwin recently.Foss has gone overseas with his girlfriend will give footy a miss for a year. Don't about the chf.

When did Patty come home to Vic? Spoke with him last week and was under the impression he was still up north :confused:

Pat was in Vic when he spoke to you Doona but now back in Cairns.

Christ this is spooky I dont even know you do I, yet you know when I spoke with me big red headed mate last :confused: So is he playing up there or should I call him to come play for me :confused:

Christ this is spooky I dont even know you do I, yet you know when I spoke with me big red headed mate last :confused: So is he playing up there or should I call him to come play for me :confused:

Kinda feel like I know you to, (through sj), playing in Cairns , has signed. Pat is going really well up here. He has a very good job, pays well, has made a lot of new mates and is enjoying life. I think this is what he needed was a change and a chance to get his footy back on track after a couple of poor years with injury etc. Anyway good luck with your side all the best.:thumbsu:

big talk that matty sharp is returning to victoria this year after a short but unique stint for the cutters, as well as sean horsbough, couple of big losses there for the souths will be hard to replace.

Kinda feel like I know you to, (through sj), playing in Cairns , has signed. Pat is going really well up here. He has a very good job, pays well, has made a lot of new mates and is enjoying life. I think this is what he needed was a change and a chance to get his footy back on track after a couple of poor years with injury etc. Anyway good luck with your side all the best.:thumbsu:

No worries mate, amazing man Stevie D I have been grateful for the friendship he has afforded me even though we never got to compete together. I also have a lot of time for Patty, met him when he was about 15 i reckon and thru the highs and lows we've always remained in touch and provided each other consultation on different things along the way. I so hope the big fella goes well up there, I'm sure Steve will keep him under control :D

big talk that matty sharp is returning to victoria this year after a short but unique stint for the cutters, as well as sean horsbough, couple of big losses there for the souths will be hard to replace.

Big couple of losses indeed if this in fact happens - but Im sure all those involved at Violet Town will be quietly getting excited down below if ya know what I mean :D

COME TO KILLARNEY VALE!! - POSITIONS VACANT
Senior players wanted for Killarney Vale Bombers Australian Football Club for season 2008.

The Killarney Vale Australian Rules Football Club is located on the Central Coast of NSW and offers a tremendous lifestyle with adjacent beaches and ample work available in a growing area.

The facilities at the club are second to none with a great clubroom, bar, gym etc.

Work and accommodation opportunities available.

Payments negotiable.

For more details about the club see www.kvbomers.com

Just send me a private message with your contact details

From the back line I have a player that is keen to play with you guys. His name is Phil Graves CHB from Melbourne. His keen to play with the cutters. His brother Doug is also keen to move up there. Can you get them a job at the local cemetary. Doug's ex lives up there Mira, she's current working at the local cemetary.

Can anyone shed some light into the North Cairns recruiting for 2008?
Heard the the North boys have recruited well picked up 8 or so players from Albury/Wodonga. Not sure on the quality except for Warren Hamilton, onballer and very strong at the ball although he is carrying a knee injury so might not even get on the park. There still chasing a good ruckman these don't grow on tree's so they might struggle to find a quality big man. Marto seems to be keen this year so might make a difference to the side. Troy is looking fit and is getting his knee cleaned out sometime soon.

Big couple of losses indeed if this in fact happens - but Im sure all those involved at Violet Town will be quietly getting excited down below if ya know what I mean :D

Seen Sharpy @ VT23 21st Donna, and can confirm Sharpy will be in Victoria in 2008, whether VT get him or not is a different story. Currently training with Benalla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back