Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how the AFL Cairns coach of the year is determined? The statistics as I see them (And correct me if you must) just dont stack up...

Mark Kennedy : Coached his team into the AFL Cairns 2008 Grand Final.

Steve Daniel : Coached his team into the AFL Cairns 2008 Grand Final.
Coached Qld State Country side to win division 2 in the National Country Championships, the most successful Qld State Country side ever, in doing so Qld State Country side will play in division 1 at the next championship in 2010.

Should have been Coxy , shit reported 9 or 10 times ha ha , mate we miss you back here hope ya back for the lions GF , going for 4 in a row. SJ all the best champ , hope you bring home another flag . Coach of the year they might go of the team that finished top at the end of the home and away season like a few leagues down here .:thumbsu:

robbie douglas is on the move, gezza liddell will more than probably stay up north, the eastern block and the european country's find him attractive at the moment,most of the locals can't pinpoint why they do though.

Ha Ha the little pony , he has them hanging of him here in lions ville as well . I still carnt believe the little pony king hit someone last week , are you people for real, the pony couldnt knock the rice of a rice pudding.

who will play fox and hound in the papers on friday , are the umpys ready to let the teams have a free flowing game or pull it up as one main one does , let the game begin

well done to Kayden in winning the Reg Dean Medal (reserves afl cairns)

who will play fox and hound in the papers on friday , are the umpys ready to let the teams have a free flowing game or pull it up as one main one does , let the game begin

well done to Kayden in winning the Reg Dean Medal (reserves afl cairns)

can someone tell Jace Kelly to wear the right socks for our team photo.
The ones he wears are shockers.

ok Kiethy, how about a $1000 on the result. You cant possibly be a Senior player or you wouldnt be giving away all the gos on the side. You must be a Reserve grade hack. Not good enough hey.
If you cant afford $1000 how about a keg. Just deliver it to the clubrooms on Sun arvo. Vice versa if you win. Do we have a deal.

As a Cutters supporter I am personally embarassed by the cocky disrepectful crap that some of you boys are carrying on with and I'm sure our coach would be too. Tamba and kicktheballong pull your head in people like you are not true supporters you just make us sound like a bunch of w/@k@rs.:thumbsdown: Thoughts Fretwell? :cool:

As a Cutters supporter I am personally embarassed by the cocky disrepectful crap that some of you boys are carrying on with and I'm sure our coach would be too. Tamba and kicktheballong pull your head in people like you are not true supporters you just make us sound like a bunch of w/@k@rs.:thumbsdown: Thoughts Fretwell? :cool:

To true, Played for the Cutters for 12 years we a have great culture but it only takes a few bad bananas to spoil the bunch. I check scores on the Cutters website every week from down south. But I cringe at some of the crap that gets posted on here. Good luck on Saturday Boys will be on the phone checking scores.

When in doubt, mumble. When in trouble ,delegate

what cocky disrepectful crap do I post?
and what I do say of no business of yours this is a free site to say what we like- if you dont like it dont read it -as for a true supporter what is a true supporter in that case?? some of us work are butts of for the lads hail or shine we are there before the games and long after they have gone home stilling working so dont try and lay sh-t on me :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I heard Coxy, was quite vocal & in the umpires face, also went into the umpires change room after the game. Will be interesting to see the outcome.
yes he was quite vocal towards the umps. i spoke to him the other day , he said he was frustrated by the lack of control from the 3 umps. they could of stopped what happened after the initial incident. he also said all coaches in the cafl league were mystified by the umpires throughout the year. if you remember last year s.j got yellow carded and reported and this year he got a 500 dollar fine for abusing umpires for their lack of control. as for going into the changerooms this is simply not true.

yes he was quite vocal towards the umps. i spoke to him the other day , he said he was frustrated by the lack of control from the 3 umps. they could of stopped what happened after the initial incident. he also said all coaches in the cafl league were mystified by the umpires throughout the year. if you remember last year s.j got yellow carded and reported and this year he got a 500 dollar fine for abusing umpires for their lack of control. as for going into the changerooms this is simply not true.

Agree, the quality of umpiring is the most talked about point of every AFL game here in Cairns. Who's your tip for today, and more importantly who would you like to see win...:)

Firstly I'd like to start with bad luck to the Cutters and Norths, the league made it hard for you...

1. Kicktheballlong do not ever write anything on this forum again it will be treated as spam by the big footy mods.
2. You were told to pull your head in your own clubman, hope tonight is great for all and sundry at Fretwell Park.
3. Did Foss and English even play?
4. Motor? change his nickname to wind up childrens toy because he was not worth a pinch of shite today.
5. You would have spent 3 times the money, actually,no sorry, 5 times the money on payments to CATS (see earlier post). Saints pay Kenno to coach and that is it FACT. Silly, silly, silly...
6. You were measured, you were weighed, and you were found wanting...
7. I apologise to everyone else on this foram, even Quagmire and Tamba and the rest of the Cutters, we are actually very very very humble in victory...I just cant stand the bullshit that was on here last week.
8. The league did you no favours making the prelim on a sunday giving u a 6 day week.
9. Walking off while the presentations were still going was rude, rude, rude. You will never earn respect with that sort of behavior. Not sure you've even givin it a second though but we all noticed it and it was bad! :thumbsdown:

I'm done, 2 flags to the 2 best teams, i'll reply to any stupid replies to this post on thursday when i sober up.....

To the Cairns Saints AFL club, well done on a fantastic year in both grades. You deserve your wins as you played the most exciting footy by any club over the whole season. You were well coached from the start and were the best team in the comp by a country mile, but that what happens when you have talent all over the park each week.:thumbsu:
To Kiethy, and from Catsmad (previous comments) I agree with your comments about the dribble that was expressed recently and a few weeks back on this blog. The 'select' few who do seem to waffle on will volunteer and help try and remove the 'monkey' or should I say 'gorilla' that is now hanging from the backs of the red, white & green jumper.
Let’s just hope that the opposition clubs can recruit well, promote their juniors (well done Hawks, Tigers this year for doing so) and ensure that the 2009 comp can be allot closer and more competitive than it was this year.

To the Cairns Saints AFL club, well done on a fantastic year in both grades. You deserve your wins as you played the most exciting footy by any club over the whole season. You were well coached from the start and were the best team in the comp by a country mile, but that what happens when you have talent all over the park each week.:thumbsu:
To Kiethy, and from Catsmad (previous comments) I agree with your comments about the dribble that was expressed recently and a few weeks back on this blog. The 'select' few who do seem to waffle on will volunteer and help try and remove the 'monkey' or should I say 'gorilla' that is now hanging from the backs of the red, white & green jumper.
Let’s just hope that the opposition clubs can recruit well, promote their juniors (well done Hawks, Tigers this year for doing so) and ensure that the 2009 comp can be allot closer and more competitive than it was this year.

To the Saints, to good. All season you have dominated. Well done.
To everyone (Tamba, Poider, Kiethy, Maxy etc) that contributes to this chat. Well done
To SJ, thanks for the 2 years. Best of luck in the future.
To the umpires, it aint about you. Let the game flow.
To the goal umpires and Cairns Post. Saints had 5 goalkickers not 3. You have muffed up the goalkickers all year.
and finally bring on 2009. It will be a bumper year.

With the 2008 season done & dusted, apart from the odd hang over or two to get over. Can the AFL Cairns announce on this forum for discussion, it's plans for 2009 and the introduction of the points system regarding interleague player recruitments.:thumbsu:

To the Saints, to good. All season you have dominated. Well done.
To everyone (Tamba, Poider, Kiethy, Maxy etc) that contributes to this chat. Well done
To SJ, thanks for the 2 years. Best of luck in the future.
To the umpires, it aint about you. Let the game flow.
To the goal umpires and Cairns Post. Saints had 5 goalkickers not 3. You have muffed up the goalkickers all year.
and finally bring on 2009. It will be a bumper year.

1 Has SJ re-signed for next year
2 Will "tough stickers" Cannard be welcome at the club next year after his behaviour on the weekend
3 what happened to S Shelley?
4 what is the new "points" system the league is introducing
5 What was "Coxy" so upset about?

thought SJ had signed for next year
not sure what cannards behaviour was like, care to share?
Shelley did his shoulder again and went back to vic to get a reco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back