Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all the Cutters 2008 award winners, see all the winners at http://www.southcairnsafl.com.au/

Thanks to all for looking at the web site this year, we are nearing 1,000 unique visitors this month, a great achievment for our first year online. Remembering we only have a relatively small football community, so 1,000 is a great number. We are working at an even better site next year, a new look and with more content from more people around the club.

Dont forget the Cutter Social Club is open 7 days a week, the bistro is opening again very soon, Chinese & Australian cuisine I believe. Call down for a coldie, hope to see you there.

PS: If you are interested in starting / joining a pool / darts competition see Dave, social club manager to discuss ideas / options.:thumbsu:

I see iwasnt far off the mark , Congrats to Dubya, and Wanders in the ressies and Weidner for R/up B7f
Hi Guys good to see the same bitching goes on here as it does on the canberra site, its good fun. I played with centrals back in 93 and 94, how did they go this year, also what is sj's real name, just interested, i now play for yass in the canberra comp and we won our first premiership this year, also the mighty hawthorn hawks had a win too, two premierships in one year, i can retire now and go and umpire, sounds like you need a few good umpies up their as well

Congratulations to all the Cutters 2008 award winners, see all the winners at http://www.southcairnsafl.com.au/

Thanks to all for looking at the web site this year, we are nearing 1,000 unique visitors this month, a great achievment for our first year online. Remembering we only have a relatively small football community, so 1,000 is a great number. We are working at an even better site next year, a new look and with more content from more people around the club.

Dont forget the Cutter Social Club is open 7 days a week, the bistro is opening again very soon, Chinese & Australian cuisine I believe. Call down for a coldie, hope to see you there.

PS: If you are interested in starting / joining a pool / darts competition see Dave, social club manager to discuss ideas / options.:thumbsu:

Its been a geat site for Vic people like myself as well as this thread, very informing for myself & son (3rds O & M Captain & senior player) who may just be up that way next year !;)

Hi Guys good to see the same bitching goes on here as it does on the canberra site, its good fun. I played with centrals back in 93 and 94, how did they go this year, also what is sj's real name, just interested, i now play for yass in the canberra comp and we won our first premiership this year, also the mighty hawthorn hawks had a win too, two premierships in one year, i can retire now and go and umpire, sounds like you need a few good umpies up their as well

SJs real name, could have some fun here , Dik Wad , Camel Jockey , Dog Starver , Bald Headed c#@t , but people that dont know him its Steve Daniel .:thumbsu:

yes he was quite vocal towards the umps. i spoke to him the other day , he said he was frustrated by the lack of control from the 3 umps. they could of stopped what happened after the initial incident. he also said all coaches in the cafl league were mystified by the umpires throughout the year. if you remember last year s.j got yellow carded and reported and this year he got a 500 dollar fine for abusing umpires for their lack of control. as for going into the changerooms this is simply not true.

Have heard they are shocking up there , same umpires from a Saturday umpire the juniors on a Sunday .

Its been a geat site for Vic people like myself as well as this thread, very informing for myself & son ;)

We at the Cutters are greatful you check out our sites , not only ours but all clubs :thumbsu:, if you have anything you want to see or have sujestions on how the site can be improved :cool: don't forget to drop the IT section a line ,the address is in the web site , as a contributer to the site I need that extra help ;)

Is it time for the season to start yet - I hate gardening :eek:

Eagle won Saints B&F, Goalkicking & Best In Finals On Saturday Night
Poo Came Runner Up (3rd year in a row) and Walshy came 3rd
In the 2nd's
Dunga Dunstan won easily from stubby noonan and Drew "SOK3" Turner
Player of the finals was Burty cockfield
Well Done to all involved!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagle won Saints B&F, Goalkicking & Best In Finals On Saturday Night
Poo Came Runner Up (3rd year in a row) and Walshy came 3rd
In the 2nd's
Dunga Dunstan won easily from stubby noonan and Drew "SOK3" Turner
Player of the finals was Burty cockfield
Well Done to all involved!!!

Good to see some results from other clubs well done all , bad luck Poo :( maybe next year ???:D 4th time lucky ???:confused:

the points allocation awarded for players next season, interesting to say the least, will keep a few clubs checking their lists, and how are the league to manage it, what will happen if a club goes over the 38 points on the day , will a lose be given on the Monday ???

Well Well Well, the AFL has again decided to bypass Cairns for a NAB cup match in 2009. I for one am sick & tired of their crap attitude to Cairns. Through torrential rain, cyclones, humid heat I have gone to every sanctioned game, even when they fixtured Brisbane Lions all the time. Lets face it who wants to watch the Lions 8 out of 10 time? not me thats for sure. The question now needs to be asked WHY? What has changed? Is the CAFL doing everything in it's powers to bring this sport to Cairns? Where are we failing? The people who support this sport in Cairns deserve an answere....

Well Well Well, the AFL has again decided to bypass Cairns for a NAB cup match in 2009. I for one am sick & tired of their crap attitude to Cairns. Through torrential rain, cyclones, humid heat I have gone to every sanctioned game, even when they fixtured Brisbane Lions all the time. Lets face it who wants to watch the Lions 8 out of 10 time? not me thats for sure. The question now needs to be asked WHY? What has changed? Is the CAFL doing everything in it's powers to bring this sport to Cairns? Where are we failing? The people who support this sport in Cairns deserve an answere....

I got to see Power once up here, (dont like Colliwobbles) , agree why are we treated this way can't they do some more to attract these games and also fed up with watching Brisbane all the / most time , you would think after what Qld Country did in the inter-league games they would want us more :eek:

I got to see Power once up here, (dont like Colliwobbles) , agree why are we treated this way can't they do some more to attract these games and also fed up with watching Brisbane all the / most time , you would think after what Qld Country did in the inter-league games they would want us more :eek:

I thought it was quiet simple. People are not supporting these events with their feet so why should they come back every year. It is the same people who year in year out support these events. Mind you they hardly advertise the event as much as they should.
This goes for the cricket as well. Two state sides come to town and they attract only 3k people. The cost of getting them here would be fairly high I would imagine the gate takings would not have covered the airfares to get them here.
I would not be surprised if the AFL experiment with a NAB challenge game in Townsville in the next couple of years since they now have a suitable venue to play at. Townsville people (as much I hate to say it) do support their sporting events and it would be interesting to see what sort of a role up they would get.
As to the caliber of sides that come to town, I think it would be very rare if you got a high profile sides like Collingwood or Essendon playing here when they (AFL) know darn well they will attract a crowd of 25K plus playing back in Melbourne or other capital cities.
Unfortunately something needs to happen as in my 17 years in Cairns, I have seen attendances drop not only in AFL preseason games but in the local league games as well.
The population is growing, but the interest is dwindling. What is this telling us..........

the points allocation awarded for players next season, interesting to say the least, will keep a few clubs checking their lists, and how are the league to manage it, what will happen if a club goes over the 38 points on the day , will a lose be given on the Monday ???

Yeah , most clubs would find it very interesting Tamba. Youre quite a constructive contributor to this reasonably quiet forum, but its rather interesting you bring this topic up when perhaps north cairns and cobras would take serious issue over this subject with regards to cutters recruiting methods( read rep coach getting rep players from lowly clubs to cross over.)..............Oh thats right,they approached you, my bad....

News & information regularly updated on the South Cairns Cutters web site, footys finished but there's still things happening around the club. www.southcairnsafl.com.au The bistro is open again, you can find a takeaway menu on the site, of course you can also dine in with more choices available including Chinese & Australian cuisine. The CAFL's point system coming into affect in 2009 is also explained on the site. Cheers, Poider......:thumbsu:

Moving to Bendigo in 2009?

Sandhurst Dragons, Bendigo Football League, looking for interested key position players.

Fantastic facilities, team of trainers and dedicated club doctor, good social club and best ground in central Vic - Bendigo Bombers (VFL) use it, so up to AFL standard.

Send any queries to my mailbox.

just wondering who will be coaching all sides this year if there is any changes. who has recuited the best so far or is everyone keeping there cards close to there chest.

I thought it was quiet simple. People are not supporting these events with their feet so why should they come back every year. It is the same people who year in year out support these events. Mind you they hardly advertise the event as much as they should.
This goes for the cricket as well. Two state sides come to town and they attract only 3k people. The cost of getting them here would be fairly high I would imagine the gate takings would not have covered the airfares to get them here.
I would not be surprised if the AFL experiment with a NAB challenge game in Townsville in the next couple of years since they now have a suitable venue to play at. Townsville people (as much I hate to say it) do support their sporting events and it would be interesting to see what sort of a role up they would get.
As to the caliber of sides that come to town, I think it would be very rare if you got a high profile sides like Collingwood or Essendon playing here when they (AFL) know darn well they will attract a crowd of 25K plus playing back in Melbourne or other capital cities.
Unfortunately something needs to happen as in my 17 years in Cairns, I have seen attendances drop not only in AFL preseason games but in the local league games as well.
The population is growing, but the interest is dwindling. What is this telling us..........

Great email. You hit the nail on the head. If people dont support events like the footy & cricket then Townsville will get them. I can see us all driving to Townsville in 2010 to watch the NAB Cup.

This yrs Richmond v Melb game had bugger all publicity. From my recolection there was no dinner/sportsmen night open to the public at Cazalys. Surely that could attract 200 people. I didnt see any school visits in the Cairns Post. It was a marketing nightmare.

Plus the Brisbane Lions are partly to blame, they dont do much promotion up here at all. Lets hope the Gold Coast get on board.

They say thay had 3000 at the cricket. Yeah right, more like 1000. I was there.

see i todays post that norths have appointed a coach in, Brett Oakley (ex port player and assistant coach at cobras and centrals).
will mcguane stay on as a player??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back