Caleb Daniel's (absolutely enormous) Bandwagon led by the Giant Clydesdales of Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I guess that brings up the point that its not how fast you can sprint when you are cherry fresh thats important on the field but how fast you can sprint when your knackered.

People get lazy in the tackle when they are tired and this bloke will get mountains of kicks late in games from being first in/right spot due to his footy iq.

People get lazy in the tackle when they are tired and this bloke will get mountains of kicks late in games from being first in/right spot due to his footy iq.

He's basically a Daniel Cross but with elite skills. Pretty exciting.

I really think this guy could become one of the best players in the league. How he was allowed to slip so late in the draft is a joke.

He's basically a Daniel Cross but with elite skills. Pretty exciting.
He's not quite a Daniel Cross ... I'd have $50 on Caleb in a 30m match race with Leigh Brown.

He should be ok, he has played footy from a young age and at his height i'd say he was always the smallest and slightest frame onn the park. He's body would probably have more resiliance and pain tolarane then most of the bigger blokes on account of being battered all of the time as opposed to some of the time or in the case of a Toyd type, only when coming across another giant.

If however a Redpath type ran through Caleb he would be in trouble, ala Rocca V Murphy but i'd like to think **** wits like Rocca or Brown are not so common.
The Rocca thing from memory was more like a sling tackle [I think after Bob had dropped the ball] but his leg was trapped on the ground and his knee 'buckled'. Shit act.

My only worry is if his slight frame can hold up to the riggers of AFL footy.
Lucky it isn't de rigueur to correct spelling mistakes on here.
8207041-rigger-builder-in-uniform-and-helmet-operating-with-straps-at-construction-area.jpg_1372077218.jpg

Yeah, I guess that brings up the point that its not how fast you can sprint when you are cherry fresh thats important on the field but how fast you can sprint when your knackered.
Repeat efforts is very important in our game. You need good endurance in all areas though, overall endurance, repeat efforts. etc.
That's why we have time trials, beep tests and repeat sprints training. It really pays to be fit in all areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish he had a shot from 50 in the last, we had the wind (died down a bit). he only half kicked it from a long way in front of the man on the mark and it landed about 8m short. Needs to back himself in there.

Geniune question. CD just turned 19 last week (happy belated bday ). What's the chances for him to have a growth spurt? Absolutely love him as player now but obviously a few inches or cm's would be more of an advantage especially with his footy i.q.--> bigger frame, running stride etc etc. Just thinking cos a mate of mine grew at 18 y.o 5'7 to 5'10 by the time he was 21 y.o. Does anyone recall something similar from another AFL player? Wishful thinking.

Geniune question. CD just turned 19 last week (happy belated bday ). What's the chances for him to have a growth spurt? Absolutely love him as player now but obviously a few inches or cm's would be more of an advantage especially with his footy i.q.--> bigger frame, running stride etc etc. Just thinking cos a mate of mine grew at 18 y.o 5'7 to 5'10 by the time he was 21 y.o. Does anyone recall something similar from another AFL player? Wishful thinking.

Obviously possible but I doubt it. Caleb looks pretty developed to me.

Biologically you have your final growth spurt as a male at around age 18-20. It's the reason sometimes you hear players growing a cm or two between their first and second seasons (e.g Macrae growing from 189cm at drafted to 191cm at the beginning of last year). But some players only grow 1cm and others grow 3-4 ... it really depends. So he's a chance.

Not out of the question. I went from 172 based on my licence and now at max height 178. I've requested remeasurement but 19 years later they still don't bother

Biologically you have your final growth spurt as a male at around age 18-20. It's the reason sometimes you hear players growing a cm or two between their first and second seasons (e.g Macrae growing from 189cm at drafted to 191cm at the beginning of last year). But some players only grow 1cm and others grow 3-4 ... it really depends. So he's a chance.
I'm pretty sure I stopped growing at 17. Was waiting for that last growth spurt but it never came :(

But hey, at least I'm a couple of inches taller than CD :)

I'm pretty sure I stopped growing at 17. Was waiting for that last growth spurt but it never came :(

But hey, at least I'm a couple of inches taller than CD :)

I hear ya - I've been waiting 20 years for my last growth spurt! Unfortunately I think it's an outwards rather than upwards growth spurt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Daniel's (absolutely enormous) Bandwagon led by the Giant Clydesdales of Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back