Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part III

I tried the stakeout and absolutely hated it. I went 1-6 in the first game I tried it, then 0-4, then 2-7 before I gave up. I usually had to shoot them twice and the time it takes to do that was excessive and usually saw me lose the 1 on 1's.

Corner and corridor camping with the silenced SPAS is a much better option....IMO. Just have to spam R1 in their vicinity and they're dead.

Well I have had no luck with the Spas. The occasional good game. Olympia is a right off. Played about 6 games tonight with the Stakeout. Went positive in all and even 20-1 before dying twice at the end to be 20-3 on Havana. I think it's just a matter of choosing the right map and being sneaky.

Well I'm finally getting better at this game and enjoying it a whole lot more.

The more you play, the more points you earn, the more weapons and accessories you can unlock - which is probably why I was so frustrated being destroyed as a Level 1-10 n00b.

I'm currently using the Famas with one of the zoom scopes. Fantastic weapon, however I find it can be difficult to control if you don't hit your target immediately. I might need to invest in a kickback controller.

Got up to Level 21 (I think) last night. Played this game for more hours than I care to think in the past week, yet I still haven't even looked at the single player offline campaign mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but go ahead and trade your PS3 in for very little reason.

Seriously though what's specifically do you mean by lag/fps? Can you distinguish the two (is it happening on single player?). Does it happen in other games?

Could be your machine. Could be your internet. Could be the game (unlikely). Could be anything.

I'm not getting any noticable lag/fps problems at all on PS3.

You should read the official Bops forum :p thousands of people are complaining about it with the odd person who says they have no issue (your one of them I guess).

There has been alot of talk that the PS3 version of Bops is a ported version, the game is apparently specced for 360 as they have flawless gameplay with much better graphics then PS3.

I also just found out that you have to pay a subscription of 70$ to do updates on your PS3 and various other things which is another reason I'm thinking of switching to 360 because id rather pay the 70$ for live and be able to get better online gameplay whilst being able to do various updates and other online content.

but go ahead and trade your PS3 in for very little reason.

Seriously though what's specifically do you mean by lag/fps? Can you distinguish the two (is it happening on single player?). Does it happen in other games?

Could be your machine. Could be your internet. Could be the game (unlikely). Could be anything.

The Frame Rate drops significantly when there is alot going on on the screen, say for instance im in a group of 6-7 people and someone drops a napalm strike near us the Frame Rate drops significantly to a point where the screen almost freezes up.

The Lag issue is more to do with bad Hit Registry where you can shoot someone 4-5 times in the head but because of the lag it doesn't register, it also has to do with migration hosting and the game putting me in servers from different countries for no reason.

My internet is fine I have Adsl 2+ with Bigpond which dls at about 1.5-1.8 MBS so my connection isn't the issue.

The game also is supposed to run in 1080p which was advertised which it doesn't runs in 980 or something like that, so there has been alot of uproar about that.

I have MW2 also and the gameplay is significantly better in MW2 no framerate/lag issues flawless gameplay.

My PS3 has also started totally freezing up ever since I started playing this game, happens at random times like could during the load up screen when joining a game, or I could be changing my load out.

The Lag issue is more to do with bad Hit Registry where you an shoot someone 4-5 times in the head but because of the lag it doesn't register, it also has to do with migration hosting and the game putting me in servers from different countries for no reason.

Main Menu screen > press select > select "locale only"

You only get Australian servers. All the time.

You should read the official Bops forum :p thousands of people are complaining about it with the odd person who says they have no issue (your one of them I guess).
Depends how many are just born whingers though. My pet hate with online gaming are the players who complain about lag non stop. Every time they die it's due to lag apparently. Crapping on about hit markers etc.

I also just found out that you have to pay a subscription of 70$ to do updates on your PS3 and various other things which is another reason I'm thinking of switching to 360 because id rather pay the 70$ for live and be able to get better online gameplay whilst being able to do various updates and other online content.
Say what? Sauce?

Never payed for an update in my life and never will.

Say what? Sauce?

Never payed for an update in my life and never will.

http://au.playstation.com/playstationplus/

Automatic Download: receive the latest PS3 system software updates, all your game updates and even game demos without lifting a finger.

Quoted part is what we will be missing out on from now on for those who don't pay the rest is junk.

Or if you would like to check on your system go to System Setting > automatic downloads it then directs you to pay for a subscription to turn it on.

Uh, I would prefer to lift one finger and get all of that for free than not lift a finger and pay out of the nose for it.

MT, try the Locale Search option then come back. Some maps are just laggy by nature.

Bog Domination in CoD4 was aaaalways laggy, and Summit Domination in this game appears to be the same. I don't have a problem with any of the other maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back