MVP Callan Ward - 2012 BigFooty GIANTS MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Congratulations to GIANTS co-captain Callan Ward who has taken out the inaugural BigFooty GIANTS MVP with 53 votes. Ward was adjudged best on ground 8 times by the BigFooty GIANTS community in a season which can simply be described as a captain's knock. Coming in second was standout rookie Toby Greene (44 votes, 4 BOGs) followed by mature age recruit and fellow AFL debutant Jonathan Giles (36 votes, 2 BOGs) in third.

2012 BigFooty GIANTS MVP
53 - Callan Ward

44 - Toby Greene
36 - Jonathan Giles
29 - Adam Treloar
28 - Jeremy Cameron
23 - Stephen Coniglio
22 - Chad Cornes
13 - Dylan Shiel
11 - Tomas Bugg
11 - Taylor Adams
11 - Luke Power
10 - Tom Scully
7 - Tim Mohr
5 - Rhys Palmer
5 - Josh Bruce
5 - Curtly Hampton
5 - Will Hoskin-Elliot
5 - Devon Smith
3 - Adam Kennedy
3 - Dean Brogan
3 - Dom Tyson
2 - Sam Darley
2 - Phil Davis
1 - Sam Frost
1 - Adam Tomlinson
1 - Anthony Miles
1 - Andrew Phillips
1 - Nick Haynes

Round-by-round votes

It got too hard for me voting at the end: A) there were a few away games I didn't watch when the line up was really weak. B) The team stepped up (or the obviously good players stepped down) by the end of the year and I couldn't really pick an obvious top 5.

I think Callan is a better winner than Toby as I think Callan was more influential in games, I don't think Toby was ever really that influential in most games.

I think though our most valuable player was Giles. When he was good the team played good, when he was out or below par we really struggled. But taking in consideration the entire season, Callan is a worthy winner and I hope he wins the award tonight.

Special props to Cameron who really had a few brilliant "match winning" performances. But not consistent across the whole season - not entirely his fault as since he relies on the midfield as a forward.

Well done to Callan. Goes to show how the Bulldogs were ripped off by the AFL with compensation for Ward. We received 1 first round pick whilst Melbourne got 2 first round picks for Scully.

Well done to Callan. Goes to show how the Bulldogs were ripped off by the AFL with compensation for Ward. We received 1 first round pick whilst Melbourne got 2 first round picks for Scully.

Beasely,

You'll note GWS resigned most of the kids before they became free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Callan Ward - 2012 BigFooty GIANTS MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back