The Hitman

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Thought a number of Radiohead fans who frequent here would be interested in this. A bit self-serving, but hopefully a few Radiohead fans like FIGJAM will enjoy it.

Basically, Mace007 and I have a new radio show called Discography, a complete and unashamed rip-off of the J-Files, where we look at an artist for two hours, play their tunes (some live and rare, as well as the hits and good album tracks) and go through their career from go to woe.

Our debut show will focus on the illustrious career of Radiohead.

Time: 8-10pm EST Monday August 8
Where: 90.7 SYN FM

You can hear us in the metro area of Melbourne, down to Geelong and Phillip Island. We're pretty far reaching for a community station.

If you're desperate to hear our voices and be involved in the celebration of Radiohead, but can't tune in because you're interstate, overseas or have a life, we can send you a copy of the show. Just PM me, although there will be some costs for postage. Comes in a nice little package, though.

The following week we'll be doing Pearl Jam, and there will be plenty of alternative/rock/indie bands coming up, including a two-part series on The Beatles.

:D

First saw that ad at a mates house. We were sitting there watching it and my friend who had already seen the ad made the comment about him being a Radiohead fan...and because another mate that was there is a big fan...we thought he was just extracting the urine. Then the caption came up...

Haven't laughed so hard since the first time I ever watched Family Guy :)

Yep, call all the radiohead fans, get em in one spot for me could ya? I got myself some napalm.

I figured I could listen to the show, or I could just listen to my Radiohead CDs. Yeah! Go Radiohead!

FIGJAM said:
The Hitman & Mace007: Discography

Time: 8-10pm EST Monday August 1
Where: 90.7 SYN FM and www.syn.org.au

"Meeting People Who Are Easy"

Mace & The Hitman talk about all things Radiohead and how they'd like to field calls from desperate, lonely chicks, who are into Radiohead and put out.

If 1 exists, i'm sure she's with you FIGJAM.

Got to love how saying nothing can still get you in the news. They wouldn't have even started laying down tracks.

Love the new show, Figgie. Aren't all lady Radiohead fans lonely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fugsy said:
:D

First saw that ad at a mates house. We were sitting there watching it and my friend who had already seen the ad made the comment about him being a Radiohead fan...and because another mate that was there is a big fan...we thought he was just extracting the urine. Then the caption came up...

Haven't laughed so hard since the first time I ever watched Family Guy :)
Oh shut up, it wasn't funny.

Good stuff, but would be even happier if it was another night in place of one of the knob hip-hop shows. Love my Monday night indie fix on SYN.

FIGJAM said:
I don't think so! I didn't get one root at the last gig.

With Thom singing that bad, you'd reckon I'd have at least been in with a shot!!

I listened to my bootleg of the show earlier. All the chicks might have been dead because he slaughtered the show with his voice.

Still a great concert from two-deep front and centre, though!

Maybe better luck if you see Simple Plan, Figgie!

Bump!

Game on tonight, although the website still is cactus, so don't expect it to be broadcast there. Hope some of you can tune in.

We're actually on air tonight. Amazing!

8-10pm, 90.7 FM for Victorians.

Anywhere else, forget it. No web yet, unfortunately. But if you're really mad on Radiohead and would like a opy of the show regardless, you can PM me.

i got a question of radiohead fans. i only own ok computer. i loved radioheads "creep" back in the day and want to know how you rate Nigel Goodrich as a producer, his impact on their sound, etc... This is because he has co-produced Paul McCartneys album coming out next month and want to know if he excercises control quality or has the nerve to tell a rock legend if he thinks songs are not up to snuff, etc... What sort of treatment do you think he would give Paul???

He's good on different ideas to get the job done. He's patient, but he won't tolerate sh*t. Apparently that was the case with Paul's latest effort, too.

Have a listen to Muse's 'Showbiz' and then any other Muse record. 'Showbiz' was pure Nigel - the band sounded how he wanted them to sound. Hence the Radiohead comparisons (which are now well and truly dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

Calling all Radiohead fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back