Calm down Vossy

Remove this Banner Ad

Maverick

All Australian
May 14, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The excitement of trade week has clearly been too much for Vossy.

He has got far too carried away.

Players like Hendo can take a few years. Port moving on Gilham to Hawks is an example of needing some patience. Kevin Sheedy once remarked he thought clubs can move too quickly on young players; I agree.

Fev will be good for us. The unknown is whether Hendo will develop, and what we would have done with pick 12 will never be known.

As for the other trades...the excitement of trade week got the better of Vossy...Buchanan, Staker, Raines & Clarke are all fringe players, with the potential to hold back our younger players in the reserves.

Hopefully Vossy will have calmed down by the time trade week begins again in 2010.

Players like Hendo can take a few years. Port moving on Gilham to Hawks is an example of needing some patience. Kevin Sheedy once remarked he thought clubs can move too quickly on young players; I agree.

Fev will be good for us. The unknown is whether Hendo will develop, and what we would have done with pick 12 will never be known.

As for the other trades...the excitement of trade week got the better of Vossy...Buchanan, Staker, Raines & Clarke are all fringe players, with the potential to hold back our younger players in the reserves.

Hopefully Vossy will have calmed down by the time trade week begins again in 2010.

No so - If our young players are good enough they will move past those outlined above - if they can't well....

I don't believe for one minute that Voss panicked or shot from the hip - I believe a helluva lot of planning went into what we have witnessed this week albeit with some risks taken with recently injured recruits.

The Hendo trade is unfortunate but it is quite possible that we can find a suitable replacement for him in the next few years.

I don't believe for one minute that Voss panicked or shot from the hip - I believe a helluva lot of planning went into what we have witnessed this week albeit with some risks taken with recently injured recruits.

I agree with this statement. As much as I (and many others judging by the posts this week) have thought WTF at times, I believe our club went into this trade period with a clear plan and strategy and was very successful in carrying it out. Maybe some things didn't fall exactly the way they wanted but overall they got most of what they wanted... and this applies IMO especially the 3 or 4 regularly labeled as "spuds" in postings.

I think Voss was very calm and calculating this week :D

Why did Michael Voss go so crazy at the trade table? You guys had a sensational year, and do not really need these utterly fringe players that Vossy has bought in. Raines could not even get a game at Richmond, Staker is below par, and Buchanan is actually decent.

He made one correct trade, and that was to get Fevola, but i bet he is absolutely spewing he had to use plan b. I could not believe what i was reading when it was Braddy and Rischa, but after the correct trade went down i was very very happy.

With the Fev in your team you have a real shot of pushing for the flag in the next year or 2, and i really hope you guys do really well, but after that i feel that with all your teams stars minus Rich nearing the end of their careers, it will be a long road back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahahahahahahahahaha

Maverick!

Does Vossy remind you of the time some young guy got carried away on the first official Brisbane Lions forum on the Lions website writing stories and having alias'?

Or does it remind you of the time a young chap flooded an E-Mail account?

All the players Voss hired are RUNNING in and under type players. This is GOOD.

OK..that was easy..so secular biceps is none other than the 'original stuntman special bruce'.

good to see some of the old characters are still around & some new ones as well. I guess SB is not the only one who can be accused of multiple nics.

Guys in all seriousness alias accounts are not on. You gotta stick to your real accounts only.

It's all a bit of fun at first but it gets waaaay out of control. They end up creating loads of shitstorms and even worse creating extra work for the mods.

I myself don't wanna go all card crazy on the alias accounts but grimbo is itchin' for some infraction action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down Vossy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back