Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Barely Avfritsch's 6 Grand Final goals in the clip above.

1. Uncontested chest mark on the line, if he leaves it, it is a goal anyway.

2. Allows his opponent an easy uncontested mark. Opponent spuds it up big time and drops it into Fritsch's hands, he scoresone of the least meritorious goals you could ever wish to see in a Grand Final

3. Uncontested chest mark gets hit on chest.

4. Only contested goal, Gawn holds the pack down, Fritsch hanging at the back spills the mark, ball bounces into his hands, he scores

At this point the game is all over

5. Easy uncontested mark this time he gets adventurous and takes it in his hands.

6. Another uncontested mark on the hands

13,000+ players have played in this competition over 127 years Danster. I think, as with Ted Hopkin's "legendary" 4 goals in the second half after coming off the bench in the 1970 Grand Final, about 12,000 of them could have kicked these avfritsch Grand Final goals.

I mean 1 was going through anyway if he just left it, 2 were easy and junk time goals, 1 was from a woeful piece of football by Avfritsch when he got lucky, one got gift wrapped onto his chest, and one bounced into his arms after he failed to take the mark with a perfect sit.

He should have resigned from football with immediate effect right then and there Danster.

I knew his goals would look like this but even so they are about as uninspiring as you could imagine for a 6 goal haul. Probably why he didn’t win the norm

I knew his goals would look like this but even so they are about as uninspiring as you could imagine for a 6 goal haul. Probably why he didn’t win the norm
The lowest pressure collection of goals you will ever see in a Grand Final.

And Danster's whole Barely Avfritsch argument revolves round this mundane display of training run football.

he was trash against melbourne in round 16. Not much better in round 17, but did a Fritsch and hit the scoreboard which I can't be too critical of.

I can feel the pain in your words danster168.. it's ok my friend, the Lions brethren are here to help. It will be a tough pill to swallow considering he's gone from playing well "once in few months" to "Top 3 in AFL" form !

I can feel the pain in your words danster168.. it's ok my friend, the Lions brethren are here to help. It will be a tough pill to swallow considering he's gone from playing well "once in few months" to "Top 3 in AFL" form !
I'll reply for danster168
If you're not coming number one you may as well be last.

I'll reply for danster168
If you're not coming number one you may as well be last.

Unless you are number 200 like Barely Avfritsch, then you are insulated by having kicked the worst collection of 6 goals in Grand Final history, and the fact that 10 clueless imbeciles included you in the 44 strong AA squad. :tearsofjoy:

I didn’t see this coming. I’m still not confident it will continue
But if everything has clicked he is one of the most damaging player in the comp.

Like if he keeps his last 6 games average production for the next 4 + finals Melbourne will have to give a early second round pick + fritsch to secure his services at the bare minimum.

I think Rayner has more trade value than Fritter right now danster168 considering their age and performance?

I think Melbourne would sign the papers immediately on a straight swap.

Brisbane would laugh at them

He's playing great footy, good on him. He seems like a great kid so I'm rooting for him to succeed.

To me it looks like he's playing a similar role to what we have Moore, Ginnivan and Macdonald - that high HFF that pushes up into the contest and is an extra midfielder around the ball. He can then push deep after losing his defender or creating some separation up the field.

I figured this is something that Bailey would end up doing, but Rayner is much more powerful and has a booming kick, it suits him.

Here’s another one for the stat watchers. Only one on there that I would say isn’t a full time mid too

Some real powerful units on that list.

Harley Reid with the most per game is ridiculous for a first year player.

Sheezel, Reid, Naicos and JHF are going to dominate and terrorise the league over the next decade plus.

I didn’t see this coming. I’m still not confident it will continue
But if everything has clicked he is one of the most damaging player in the comp.

Like if he keeps his last 6 games average production for the next 4 + finals Melbourne will have to give a early second round pick + fritsch to secure his services at the bare minimum.

I think Rayner has more trade value than Fritter right now danster168 considering their age and performance?

I think Melbourne would sign the papers immediately on a straight swap.

Brisbane would laugh at them
No chance in hell would the dees swap. One kicks goals. one doesn't. Dees already have an average forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance in hell would the dees swap. One kicks goals. one doesn't. Dees already have an average forward line.

Barely Avfritsch would not be worth a rd 1 pick as a 28yo. Rayner would trade for right where I had him Danster, around pick 10.

You just got it wrong mate, we all need to learn lessons in life. I schooled you. You will be better next time around. I hope. ;)

True.
The dees play fritter at FF with Kozzie at his ankles. They don’t have anyone else whatsoever up there. It’s quite embarrassing.
Maybe swing May or Lever forward? Hippy did it last week

True.
The dees play fritter at FF with Kozzie at his ankles. They don’t have anyone else whatsoever up there. It’s quite embarrassing.
Maybe swing May or Lever forward? Hippy did it last week
lol embarrassing is a bit harsh. We won the 2021 granny by 75 points, and prelim by 60, and you guys by 5 goals with the same forward line basically.

Losing Luke Jackson killed us. Then Brayshaw, and then lost the rights to Mac Andrew in the 2 year window where they changed the rules. We've been stiff.

lol embarrassing is a bit harsh. We won the 2021 granny by 75 points, and prelim by 60, and you guys by 5 goals with the same forward line basically.

Losing Luke Jackson killed us. Then Brayshaw, and then lost the rights to Mac Andrew in the 2 year window where they changed the rules. We've been stiff.
Nah Melbourne's forward line just managed to get it together for half a season while a super dominant midfield/defence delivered it to them. Then they reverted back to incompetent, and the midfield/defence dominance wasn't quite on the same level. Which is how losing 4 finals at their home ground in a row happened, leading to season 2024.

Nah Melbourne's forward line just managed to get it together for half a season while a super dominant midfield/defence delivered it to them. Then they reverted back to incompetent, and the midfield/defence dominance wasn't quite on the same level. Which is how losing 4 finals at their home ground in a row happened, leading to season 2024.
that's a simplistic review. We lost Luke Jackson. A huge loss. We lost to Collingwood by a goal despite having many injuries and Brayshaw going down in the first 5 minutes. And then loss to Carlton by 2 point with half of our forward line out.

Horrific goal kicking cost us both wins which is on us. But to suggest we were incompetent is just dumb. Look at this year, pies may not even make finals. That's worse (much worse) than making the top 4.

Yes we lost at our home ground. Also the home ground of Collingwood and Carlton lol. Your analysis is child-like. Move on and talk about how good Jhye Clark is going to be.

One thing that you can't change is that we beat you this year. So stop being salty 🧂

A lot of our future depends on if Oliver can have an injury free preseason and return to being a top 3 player in the league. You take an absolute A grader out of any midfield and they'll suffer. Take Lachie Neale out of Brisbane, Bont out of the dogs, there's no A graders at the cats but you get my drift.

We almost beat (*should've beaten) Brisbane without Petracca. We're doing OK. And that's with playing the most 22 and unders in the league. if I was list manger I'd be going straight to the draft. No idea why we're keen on Houston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back