Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Danny, I'm sorry that the Demons season is over. What degenerate goodie has done to your club is a travesty.
Appreciate it! it was over about 8 weeks ago tho. Not a lot has gone right since we lost Luke Jackson. Then Brayshaw was adding insult to injury. And then Oliver's infamous off-season. Chuck in Petracca for good measure. Then we had Mac Andrew ripped from our academy. Nothing has gone right. Gonna have to roll out the old tank I reckon :) And we've lost about 3 games by under a goal wth some howling umpiring decisions that impacted the final result.

I wouldn't mind 2x top 3 picks for free aka Brisbane :)

Appreciate it! it was over about 8 weeks ago tho. Not a lot has gone right since we lost Luke Jackson. Then Brayshaw was adding insult to injury. And then Oliver's infamous off-season. Chuck in Petracca for good measure. Then we had Mac Andrew ripped from our academy. Nothing has gone right. Gonna have to roll out the old tank I reckon :)

It could take the Dees 10-15 years to recover from the mac andrews rort tbh. It makes me sad.

Appreciate it! it was over about 8 weeks ago tho. Not a lot has gone right since we lost Luke Jackson. Then Brayshaw was adding insult to injury. And then Oliver's infamous off-season. Chuck in Petracca for good measure. Then we had Mac Andrew ripped from our academy. Nothing has gone right. Gonna have to roll out the old tank I reckon :) And we've lost about 3 games by under a goal wth some howling umpiring decisions that impacted the final result.

For free- didn’t we use draft picks? Hang on, saw who I was replying too- truth is of little importance. Continue

you mean, you got them in a system that was deemed so grossly unfair that they changed the rules to stop it from happening. How's that for truth?
Last I checked rules are still the same for this year Danny. Seems fair enough they didn't rush in to change..

you mean, you got them in a system that was deemed so grossly unfair that they changed the rules to stop it from happening. How's that for truth?
Hang on, unlike you to change the narrative🙄 but you said we got them for FREE, do you know what FREE means? This is one you can’t answer with something about an AA squad, do you or do you not know what FREE means.

Hang on, unlike you to change the narrative🙄 but you said we got them for FREE, do you know what FREE means? This is one you can’t answer with something about an AA squad, do you or do you not know what FREE means.
haha, nice work getting hung up on semantics and taking everything literally. I notice that you can't object to the main point. So it seems we're in agreeance.

Grossly unfair? We paid a small discount on a top talent.

We could discuss the system which netted your club pick 2 for free.

You might be too young to recall it, but it made the news. Just Google “Melbourne Demons tanking scandal”.

haha, nice work getting hung up on semantics and taking everything literally. I notice that you can't object to the main point. So it seems we're in agreeance.
Like when I said Melbourne weren't beating anybody without Petracca? So you understand hyperbole from your own mouth, but get fed up of someone taking every word you say literally. That's quite hypocritical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grossly unfair? We paid a small discount on a top talent.

We could discuss the system which netted your club pick 2 for free.

You might be too young to recall it, but it made the news. Just Google “Melbourne Demons tanking scandal”.
Yes. Grossly unfair.

If it was me, I would've abolished the father/son rule years ago. As well as the nga academy. If we truly care about the integrity of the comp that's an easy decision.

Regarding the discount. Yes, it's a small discount but why on earth do clubs get a discount? Getting access to a player that Clubs don't deserve pet se, is the discount. Thats more than enough. If anything, Clubs should have to pay overs for the privilege.

Regarding priority picks, that's a separate issue. Happy to talk about that too. But keep in mind that is a completely different topic. You're trying to make it a demon thing to 'catch me out'. Regarding priority picks, I don't mind the idea of priority picks. Clubs don't get them for free. They've got to actually be really bad to warrant them. Losing out on members, merchandise, sponsorships etc in the process. Having top 4 teams getting Daicos', Ugle-Hagan, Quaynoe, Darcy Moore, Ashcrofts x2 is an absolute farce and it's why there's almost no point having a ladder anymore.

Regarding Melbourne, no team has been disadvantaged more by the NGA program and we've had 1 good father son in 20 years (some teams have had 0, some have had 5-10).
Ripping Mac Andrew away from us I was actually ok with because I believed the decision to be in the best interest of the integrity of the competition. But to change the rules back again, simply for us to miss out, is an absolute joke. A decision that has a 10-15 year impact on us as a club.

Didn't Melbourne get Jack Viney for a second round pick after talk of back room deals with GC and GWS to ensure GC didn't bid on Viney too early? A system than was then changed a few years later? Dealings that also netted them the player that's currently second in the Coleman?

Didn't Melbourne get Jack Viney for a second round pick after talk of back room deals with GC and GWS to ensure GC didn't bid on Viney too early? A system than was then changed a few years later? Dealings that also netted them the player that's currently second in the Coleman?
As I've said, Melbourne has had 1 good father son in 20 years. And not only not benefited from the nga but had academy picks taken from us. So our flag was legit. compared to teams like the pies, dogs if they win, Brisbane if they win etc.

Agree, with you- do not insult me like that, I have never agreed with one thing you have ever said. You are completely full of shit and actually believe you own crap, that is the worse part. You just move the posts every time you are wrong, which by the way is constant. If you are a troll you are a good one if you are serious you are delusional and moronic- either way you suck.

As I've said, Melbourne has had 1 good father son in 20 years. And not only not benefited from the nga but had academy picks taken from us. So our flag was legit. compared to teams like the pies, dogs if they win, Brisbane if they win etc.

By your definition, father/son = not "legit", so therefore Melbourne flag = not "legit".

Port bid on Viney with pick 7, Melbourne got him for pick 26, a discount of approximately 55%. Slightly higher than the current F/S discounts.

That being said, I do agree that Melbourne fans should feel aggrieved about missing Mac Andrew after Dogs were handed JUH.

Yes. Grossly unfair.

If it was me, I would've abolished the father/son rule years ago. As well as the nga academy. If we truly care about the integrity of the comp that's an easy decision.

Regarding the discount. Yes, it's a small discount but why on earth do clubs get a discount? Getting access to a player that Clubs don't deserve pet se, is the discount. Thats more than enough. If anything, Clubs should have to pay overs for the privilege.

Regarding priority picks, that's a separate issue. Happy to talk about that too. But keep in mind that is a completely different topic. You're trying to make it a demon thing to 'catch me out'. Regarding priority picks, I don't mind the idea of priority picks. Clubs don't get them for free. They've got to actually be really bad to warrant them. Losing out on members, merchandise, sponsorships etc in the process. Having top 4 teams getting Daicos', Ugle-Hagan, Quaynoe, Darcy Moore, Ashcrofts x2 is an absolute farce and it's why there's almost no point having a ladder anymore.

Regarding Melbourne, no team has been disadvantaged more by the NGA program and we've had 1 good father son in 20 years (some teams have had 0, some have had 5-10).
Ripping Mac Andrew away from us I was actually ok with because I believed the decision to be in the best interest of the integrity of the competition. But to change the rules back again, simply for us to miss out, is an absolute joke. A decision that has a 10-15 year impact on us as a club.

Father-sons used to be very close to actually being “free”. Like when the dees got Viney.

Arguing that priority picks aren’t free “because you have to be really bad” doesn’t hold water. Especially when “some clubs” make choices to ensure they are really bad.

You really would argue that grass isn’t green - detach yourself from your opinions, it will free you.

Father-sons used to be very close to actually being “free”. Like when the dees got Viney.

Arguing that priority picks aren’t free “because you have to be really bad” doesn’t hold water. Especially when “some clubs” make choices to ensure they are really bad.

You really would argue that grass isn’t green - detach yourself from your opinions, it will free you.
It was worse when Cats got Hawkins and stuff than when Geelong got Hawkins for pick 43.

Yes, it does hold water to me. Yes, clubs make decisions to tank when they're 2/3 through the season and already a bottom 4 team.

We either care about the integrity of the comp or we don't. Like clubs like Brisbane, Collingwood, and Dogs should all be too 4 because they've been gifted more than other clubs. In fact if Brisbane don't win multiple flags with having 2 top 3 picks gifted to a top 4 team then there should be some accountability. Don'tgorget I've forgot about Fletcher either.

It was worse when Cats got Hawkins and stuff than when Geelong got Hawkins for pick 43.

Yes, it does hold water to me. Yes, clubs make decisions to tank when they're 2/3 through the season and already a bottom 4 team.

We either care about the integrity of the comp or we don't. Like clubs like Brisbane, Collingwood, and Dogs should all be too 4 because they've been gifted more than other clubs. In fact if Brisbane don't win multiple flags with having 2 top 3 picks gifted to a top 4 team then there should be some accountability. Don'tgorget I've forgot about Fletcher either.

What sort of accountability are we talking? A walk of shame on grand final day? Being made to trade for Harrsion Petty? Goody and Oliver appointed at the Lions to oversee team culture?

What sort of accountability are we talking? A walk of shame on grand final day? Being made to trade for Harrsion Petty? Goody and Oliver to oversee team culture?
Dude, you scraped over the line against us without Petracca. With a half fit Oliver. With biased home crowd umpiring. Petty is a gun key defender. better than that hipwood guy.

“But but but..”

Irrelevant. Less whataboutism, more owning how your club benefitted from (and rorted) an already “grossly unfair” system.

“gifted” = paid a slightly discounted price for players that not long ago, others got for close to zilch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back