Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner's a quality player that played maybe the worst game of his career on the weekend.

He's the kind of player that could lead Brisbane to a Grand Final if he fires this week.

He was rated a top 3 player in the game by who? The same blokes who didn't have Nick Daicos in the best handful of players this season? Those nuffies wouldn't know their ass from their heads with their player ratings comedy show.

But yes Rayner did have a huge game in which the Lions led some injured traffic cones 60-0... He had a whopping 2 possessions in the first quarter when the Lions were doing all the damage... 1 of which was a clanger but it was herculean type stuff from Cam!

Hall of Fame legend status beckons for King Sprayner if he keeps that sort of form up!
Let’s be honest he is just happy he didn’t get drafted to Carlton, 60-0. More likely to make the HOF it than your ‘goat’ the garden variety c grader who makes no impact, the blooze, self appointed ‘big’ club. I know lots of supporters and all that, makes you wonder how so many people can be so stupid.

Let’s be honest he is just happy he didn’t get drafted to Carlton, 60-0. More likely to make the HOF it than your ‘goat’ the garden variety c grader who makes no impact, the blooze, self appointed ‘big’ club. I know lots of supporters and all that, makes you wonder how so many people can be so stupid.
I'm tipping he's over the moon he didn't get drafted to a Melbourne club. He'd probably have quit footy by now he'd be copping the media blowtorch that often.

As for Walshy, 2 major back surgeries. A Gary Ayers medal, an All Australian blazer, more coaches votes and big performances than Sprayner could ever dream of... If Rayners more likely to make the HOF than he is I may as well go root a flying pig and have a beer with some leprechauns.

Only HOF Sprayner would be a chance of making is the KFC wicked wing challenge HOF

Last edited:

Rayner's a quality player that played maybe the worst game of his career on the weekend.

He's the kind of player that could lead Brisbane to a Grand Final if he fires this week.

Did you see how bad he was in last years Grand final?

Did you see how bad he was in last years Grand final?
There's a big gap between his best and his worst for sure, but his ceiling is extremely high and he's been closer to it than his floor for the better part of the second half of this season.

Was very good last week as well. I'm expecting him to bounce back on Saturday.

I'm tipping he's over the moon he didn't get drafted to a Melbourne club. He'd probably have quit footy by now he'd be copping the media blowtorch that often.

As for Walshy, 2 major back surgeries. A Gary Ayers medal, an All Australian blazer, more coaches votes and big performances than Sprayner could ever dream of... If Rayners more likely to make the HOF than he is I may as well go root a flying pig and have a beer with some leprechauns.

Only HOF Sprayner would be a chance of making is the KFC wicked wing challenge HOF
Thought you would have just gone with another laughing Emoji, thinking probably move over the moon because he gets to play in big games every year. Tip- neither of them are making HOF, not hard to stand out at the boo’s though is it, wonder how ‘Walshy’ would go playing as a high impact half forward?? Not very well i am tipping, can’t just run around butchering the ball like you can when your a permanent on baller. Good luck catching that pig and I am sure Owies will have a beer with you-
Got nothing else on has he.

Thought you would have just gone with another laughing Emoji, thinking probably move over the moon because he gets to play in big games every year. Tip- neither of them are making HOF, not hard to stand out at the boo’s though is it, wonder how ‘Walshy’ would go playing as a high impact half forward?? Not very well i am tipping, can’t just run around butchering the ball like you can when your a permanent on baller. Good luck catching that pig and I am sure Owies will have a beer with you-
Got nothing else on has he.
Can't go around butchering the ball as a 'high impact half forward'?

Sprayner had 8 touches with 6 clangers on the weekend. 😂😂😂😂

Believe me, I’ve seen worse.

Stood up in a few critical contests last night which is many more than other games throughout his career.

Far and away his best year this year.

Dance Dancing GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

question. have you ever followed Rayners career? He was the worst player on Grand Final day and was very lucky not to be subbed out of the game.

He's the kind of player that cost Brisbane their season until Daniher stood up.

It must be seriously hard being the #1 pick sometimes. So much expectation. It's certainly not Rayner's fault that he was taken #1 and other blokes have gone past him.

At a glance from 2017 draft, players I would rather have in no particular order:

Brayshaw
LDU
Cerra
Naughton
Bailey
Higgins
Kelly
Balta
Taylor
TDK
Fritsch
Fogarty
Miers

Rookies:
Baker
Mihocek
Amartey

Which means he'd probably suit somewhere around pick 15-20.

Certainly not the biggest fall from grace I've seen from a #1 but still a bit of a fizzle out.

question. have you ever followed Rayners career? He was the worst player on Grand Final day and was very lucky not to be subbed out of the game.

He's the kind of player that cost Brisbane their season until Daniher stood up.
Yes, I'm a Queenslander and watch every Brisbane game. I just don't have some weird obsession with deathriding players on a football forum (over 1000 posts in this thread is actually wild) so I'm able to assess his career a little more objectively than you seem to be :thumbsupv1:

Yes, I'm a Queenslander and watch every Brisbane game. I just don't have some weird obsession with deathriding players on a football forum (over 1000 posts in this thread is actually wild) so I'm able to assess his career a little more objectively than you seem to be :thumbsupv1:
that all could be true until you missed the fact that Rayner is one of the worst finals players in history. He's basically Gary Rohan clone in every sense. Athletically gifted but goes missing for months and years at a time.

It must be seriously hard being the #1 pick sometimes. So much expectation. It's certainly not Rayner's fault that he was taken #1 and other blokes have gone past him.

At a glance from 2017 draft, players I would rather have in no particular order:

Brayshaw
LDU
Cerra
Naughton
Bailey
Higgins
Kelly
Balta
Taylor
TDK
Fritsch
Fogarty
Miers

Rookies:
Baker
Mihocek
Amartey

Certainly not the biggest fall from grace I've seen from a #1 but still a bit of a fizzle out.
Agree with all of them but you missed about 10-15 more. Ed Richards, Dylan Moore and Brent Daniels are twice the player. no contest. Lloyd Meek has blown past him now too. Xerri is miles ahead. top 2 ruck in the league.

Brayshaw
LDU
Cerra
Naughton
Bailey
Higgins
Kelly
Balta
Taylor
TDK
Fritsch
Fogarty
Miers

Rookies:
Baker
Mihocek
Amartey

Please respectfully leave the 2017 draft re-rankings to Danster. It is my Christmas day at the end of the season.

Cripps the cripple is finished and his career is over… Too old, lost his speed, hacks every kick more than Walsh and the way he played against us he has no heart lol. Probably the worst captain in history for your club.
Is that why Fages sends Dunkley to tag him every time our two teams play and he's the current favourite for the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back