Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Nicks was the dullest guy I heard speak at Port Adelaide functions and he's coaching an AFL side.

Matthew Nicks was the dullest guy I heard speak at Port Adelaide functions and he's coaching an AFL side.
Nicks is a lot better at talking one on one. Had a couple of good conversations with him.

Assuming he's working as a backline development coach since Jason Williams has the forwards, and Luke Kelly has the mids?
I would prefer these blokes, I can dream I suppose.

Forward line - J Schulz or Tredrea
Midfield - J Francou - R Gray or Dew
Backline - Montgomery - D Wakelin
Rucks - B Lade - Primus or Ryder

Last edited:
For a moment I thought he had been announced as our new coach.

Take It Nicolas Cage GIF by The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a joke. As if Cam Sutcliffe would have anything remotely insightful to say about football.

I still want to know how a guy who was originally from WWT, and got delisted from a poo-scented Freo, managed to become a Power, then Magpies captain, then a development coach.

Is it the Davies connection? Did they overlap during his time there?

I still want to know how a guy who was originally from WWT, and got delisted from a poo-scented Freo, managed to become a Power, then Magpies captain, then a development coach.

The dude is a warm body who says "yes". Thats as deep as it is.

I'm assuming there is a bizarre paper trail that is similar to how Jed gets games.

I ask myself the same thing every time I hear his name associated with Port. I heard Tim Ginever refer to Cam as the once Magpie's "marquee selection" recently when talking about the restrictions on our top ups. It never fails to make me belly laugh.

Inherent laziness and a half-assed attitude dressed up as a "good club that promotes from within".

He's already in the building, so rather than having to go through all that annoying Tax File Number and Site Induction stuff again, let's just throw jobs at people that are already there - deserving or otherwise.

They'll be grateful for being promoted way above their station, and subsequently will just fall in line rather than rocking the boat.

That's how you end up with a building full of sycophantic acolytes, like Port has.

For a moment I thought he had been announced as our new coach.
Honestly wouldn't surprise me, the bloke has been failing upwards for the last 6 years here.

I always thought that Development Coach referred to the guys that are focussing on helping players improve as footballers, while the line coaches are focussed on the getting players to implement the game plan.

With Port's coaching lineup, its looks more like Development Coach means "Learning to be a Coach".

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back