northern lights

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2003
Way out west
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne FC
A guy i work with was speaking to David Cloke and he was confident that Cameron would be picked up by the roos in the PSD.I know for sure that he was speaking to Cloke sr because i see him at work all the time myself,seemed to think he would be given a go at filling the CHF position.

northern lights said:
A guy i work with was speaking to David Cloke and he was confident that Cameron would be picked up by the roos in the PSD.I know for sure that he was speaking to Cloke sr because i see him at work all the time myself,seemed to think he would be given a go at filling the CHF position.
Please, please, please, please, please no!

northern lights said:

know that would be a joke, cloke at chf. we must be goign really bad if we think this guy can improve our side.

i dont mind the idea....worth a punt for free

fwiw, i can remember McCartney being talked about similarly when he came across to us, and he turned out to be a good solid KP performer.

We have no-one there at present, so if Hale is not the solution then we are going to need a body to fill that spot for a couple of years until our draft selection fills that spot (hopefully).

He could be an asset, even if it means standing out on a wing and dragging a CHB away from the play.

sproulie said:
r u shaw he has bee punted from Collingwood yet?

That's what I was going to ask, I thought he was still on the Pies list?

Maybe Daddy Cloke is assuming he is going to be delisted? Given he was trade bait that would make sense.

northern lights said:

what happened to picking up aaron edwards?

Kangaboy said:
what happened to picking up aaron edwards?

Far, far better option. Would give you 40 goals if he played every game.

Stay away from Cloke. He has very little work ethic apparently, and struggles with the committment of being an AFL footballer.

The Roos will recruit a CHF in the draft ... you may as well stick him there next year and let him learn the hard way ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mailman said:
i dont mind the idea....worth a punt for free

fwiw, i can remember McCartney being talked about similarly when he came across to us, and he turned out to be a good solid KP performer.

He certainly didn't come to North to play CHF, he only came to be a key backman. We had a bloke by the name of Carey who was ok at CHF. ;)

If we do pick up Cloke how are we supposed to win any games with the following tall players in the team-
Brown
Petrie
Cloke
Hale
McIntosh
Moran
Watt
Thompson
Hay

We lose games due to lack of leg speed, not because of a lack of height. With all these blokes in the team we only became slower. If our skills were above average and we could take contested marks, then we could be competitive.

giantroo said:
If cloke is picked up i am sure that we will pick up leungberger in the draft. Watch!

Except that these drafts happen in the reverse order - Leuenberger will be selected in the ND whereas Cloke will be up for consideration a month later in the PSD.

I think the PSD is the one where you can take a punt on a low cost cast off and maybe Cloke isn't a bad choice. Just have to take out a restraining order on his old man to make sure he doesn't interfere.

Not a chance. We have 3 very good young rucks. does draft selection 3 mean anything? that is where our chf problem will be seen too (hansen/gumby). would rather see brown play 22 games at chf then cloke. we have heaps of height imo we will really be concentrating on runners not talls. we are more likely to pick up skipworth, i hope not but i think he is the psd target.

The prospect of David Cloke hanging around Arden St like a bad smell and causing trouble is far scarier than the actual prospect of having Cameron Cloke on the list.

Disclaimer: In no way do I endorse the North Melbourne Football Club recruiting Cameron Cloke, I just wanted to have a pot shot at the founder of Cloke Management Services.

Zondor said:
Well if we pick up Cameron Joke then that should keep our perfect record in picking up stars in the PSD intact.

I think you're onto something there Zondor

What have we got here? sHarvey, Picione, that guy that just got delisted from the cats, y'know whatsisname.

Cam would make a fine addition to that list of "talent". Have i missed anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back