Campbell or Murphy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: You are the weakest link........ goodbye

There is nothing wrong with 3rd rounder. Some examples of 3rd rounders over the last 3 years are:
Mayne, Armfield, Alwyn Davey, Houli, Reimers, Robbie Warnock, Swallow, Carlisle, Gamble

Absolutely, but the "if we're lucky" was more to do with Murphy probably being a 5th rounder, as his trade value would be bugger all right now...

Adam Campbell is a far better option than Ryan Murphy.

Whether we like that or not. He out performs Murphy week in week out at AFL level.

Murphy will not make it.

And the Dodd suggestion was just as ludicrous. Stompy had a rough day but he has proven in the past that he's got the class to be a good AFL player. Next time you throw out the bathwater, mind the baby :thumbsu:

When?

Im still struggling to see anything other than an average depth player with Dodd.

We let Ryan Murphy go and we will be sorry, Im almost certain if given the opportunity to make FF his own for an extended period at another club he will become a 50-60 goal a year foward.

Will be another Freo sob story if he were to go and be given that chance. :thumbsu:

Campbell however, wont suceed at Freo nor any other club. :thumbsu:

We let Ryan Murphy go and we will be sorry, Im almost certain if given the opportunity to make FF his own for an extended period at another club he will become a 50-60 goal a year foward.

If he was any good, we wouldn't be using McPharlin down there, would we?

How about we hand him over to Melbourne as part of the Robbie Warnock deal - those 2 players for their priority pick?
It'll be the only way for us to ensure we get something for Warnock, rather than just lose him for zilch in the PSD.

Thie thread should've been titled Campbell Vs. Murphy, because this is all that it is.

Frankly, who out of the two is the most consistant performer and will benefit the team..

I think we all know the answer.

When?

Im still struggling to see anything other than an average depth player with Dodd.

Will be another Freo sob story if he were to go and be given that chance. :thumbsu:

Campbell however, wont suceed at Freo nor any other club. :thumbsu:

I agree about regretting Murphy go. If he was to move to a team like Geelong he would kick 50-60 goals a year as players like Gamble and Lonergan who are no way near in his league exceed expectations.

The thing is he most likely will request to be traded back to Victoria.

I completley disagree about Cambpell though. He wont be star but he could kick 30-40 goals a year.

A perfect team set up for me would be Pav in the mid, Tarrant at CHF and Murph and Kiwi at FF.

Campbell in previous seasons and the start of this season was actually pretty good at WAFL level for West Perth. Dropped off a bit lately but good to see him get a shot at AFL anyway.

Now if you don't mind dropping him back so he plays through for West Perth in finals? :)

He's qualified for the Joondies (as has Kep) - unless they're injured they'll probably be released to play, you'd think....

How about we hand him over to Melbourne as part of the Robbie Warnock deal - those 2 players for their priority pick?
It'll be the only way for us to ensure we get something for Warnock, rather than just lose him for zilch in the PSD.

Then Melbourne would essentially be trading Murphy for pick 17. Why would they do that?

He's qualified for the Joondies (as has Kep) - unless they're injured they'll probably be released to play, you'd think....
Yeah but I want him back so we can steal 2nd spot away from your boys and then get pumped by Subi. :thumbsu:

Murphy is a better player but the problem is that isnt a role player. he needs to be the main target and that isnt going to happen at freo. Campbell is a role player and doesnt have to a main target to be effective. Sometimes less talent will play afl if they can find a role to play, while others cant or wont accepted a role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then Melbourne would essentially be trading Murphy for pick 17. Why would they do that?

You're absolutely right... Just throwing up the idea though, dom...
I'm sure the club would want a decent return for Warnock, rather than have him bail out for zero return... may take Murphy to sweeten the deal... perhaps 3rd round if #17 is too ambitious?

A replacement ruckman for White and a potential replacement for Neitz isn't a bad carrot, IMO... plus we actually get something for the pair, rather than nothing on their own, which is the current scenario...

When?

Short memory huh? It was only a month or so ago that Stompy made Matthew Lloyd look like the pillow biting nancy boy he is all day long. He polled Doig Medal votes in 10 games last year and was right up at the pointy end of the leaderboard until the last few rounds. He's out of form at the moment but normally you can count on him wearing his opponent like a glove and not only getting a fist on the ball if he gets a chance, but absolutely destroying it and clearing the area.

He would be among the first picked if I were a selector.

Laughing at the Dodd baggers. Getting beaten by a Nick Riewoldt having the ball drilled at him 50 times is no major problem. If our whole team functioned it wouldn't have been a problem.

I have been a Murphy fan for a long time but i just don't see him cracking it, especially at Freo. He is too easy to shutdown now even on the lead which is his preferred method of playing. The AFL has changed and defenders are now far quicker and more agile than they used to be.

To be honest i think we need two new smalls and to move Tarrant along. I know people will hate this but i think Taz's kicking for goal is just not going to ever get better and if we make the finals next year or the year after i would prefer someone far more reliable. Yes he does a lot of work up the ground but it still doesn't make up for the fact that he cannot convert when we need him to. I have lost count of the amount of times a great passage of play has led to me being deflated by a shot of his that gets sprayed... I also think Chris Mayne is the perfect player to take over the role of the forward who pushes up the ground when we need it. Mayne has great pace and a big motor, plus his kicking is far better.

With Tarrant gone guys like Campbell will actually get some delivery and be able to lead out from preferred positions...

Laughing at the Dodd baggers, laughing at the Tarrant baggers. :)

Murphy's not an option for one reason really... He DOESN'T want to be here.

If he did he would have shown some urgency, some desire and heart in the multiple chances he has been given the last couple of years.

Short memory huh? It was only a month or so ago that Stompy made Matthew Lloyd look like the pillow biting nancy boy he is all day long. He polled Doig Medal votes in 10 games last year and was right up at the pointy end of the leaderboard until the last few rounds. He's out of form at the moment but normally you can count on him wearing his opponent like a glove and not only getting a fist on the ball if he gets a chance, but absolutely destroying it and clearing the area.

Then times are bleak.

For mine, Dodd got by on his one claim to fame which was once holding Reiwvoldt goaless. This year and last year he hasnt come on at all, he offers nothing rebounding from defence and generally makes poor decisons.

I see him as a poorer version of Andrew Embley at the moment, so you see his stocks arent high IMO :thumbsu:

He lacks flexibility and rarely wins his position, granted he breaks even more than he fails but when he does win his post he doesnt do enough offensively.

If this club wants to go places, it cant award places on honest triers, which is all Dodd is and ever will be. There needs to be an element of poise to a back half. Dodd takes away from this.

Even when he payed WAFL, he was no standout.

Yeah but I want him back so we can steal 2nd spot away from your boys and then get pumped by Subi. :thumbsu:

It will all come down to a Souths v Cardies prelim whatever happens... with the winner earning the honour of getting pumped by Subi in the GF. :eek: ;) :(

Short memory huh? It was only a month or so ago that Stompy made Matthew Lloyd look like the pillow biting nancy boy he is all day long.

He'd be the last picked if I was selecting a side based on nicknames, Stompy sounds extremely gay!!!

To be honest i think we need two new smalls and to move Tarrant along. I know people will hate this but i think Taz's kicking for goal is just not going to ever get better and if we make the finals next year or the year after i would prefer someone far more reliable.

So we trade pick 8 and Medhurst, who is tearing it up at his new club for Tarrant, then 2 years later we trade Tarrant back to Victoria for much less (probably a 3rd round pick)?

We just have to accept Tarran't one of ours now and chalk it up as another one of Connolly/Schwab's giant **** ups. :mad:

Hmmmm... I have only one response to that.....

sombrero.jpg

:D

So we trade pick 8 and Medhurst, who is tearing it up at his new club for Tarrant, then 2 years later we trade Tarrant back to Victoria for much less (probably a 3rd round pick)?

We just have to accept Tarran't one of ours now and chalk it up as another one of Connolly/Schwab's giant **** ups. :mad:

Hehe Medders is hitting true form though, what one goal, maybe none in the last 4 weeks. Tarrant certainly works a lot harder for Freo than Medders did in his last two seasons. Poor boy wanted to be an Eagle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell or Murphy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back