Camporeale's debut

Remove this Banner Ad

20+ possies in about 3 quarters. If he played the whole game he woulda got 25-30 touches. Quite good. Expect him to play the entire match next weekend. We'll need him that is for sure.

AaronM said:
20+ possies in about 3 quarters. If he played the whole game he woulda got 25-30 touches. Quite good. Expect him to play the entire match next weekend. We'll need him that is for sure.

I wouldnt expect much to change from this week . The midfield rotation will be the same ;)

Lovett-Murray said:
What did you think?

I thought he was okay, did little smart things that all added up.

Certainly took an interest in what Campo did for the Bombers last night. Missed the first qtr and a half, but what I did see reminded me of the Campo of old. Great kicking skills and using his leg speed to his advantage.

HugeBluesFan said:
Great kicking skills and using his leg speed to his advantage.

How would you compare his pace to years gone by ? i don't think he'll be beating many opponents for pace this year but his experience/smarts will compensate.

Anyone know how his sprint times in training compare to our other mids ?

Darealrath said:
How would you compare his pace to years gone by ? i don't think he'll be beating many opponents for pace this year but his experience/smarts will compensate.

Anyone know how his sprint times in training compare to our other mids ?

Definitely has lost a yard or two, no doubt about it. Still, the guy has impecable foot skills and certainly knows where the goals are.

One that annoyed me when he was at Carlton was when he runs behind the player with a ball at the stopage for an easy kick, and I noticed he did that a couple of times last night.

A bit of class, and lotsa poise. He will be outstanding for us I believe.

One thing's for sure - it's better to have him with us rather than against us. He has cut us up in years gone by.

********** he looks good in a Bomber jumper! GREAT to have him lead us back to the rooms. We are a class outfit. No doubt. The little things we do for each other makes me proud to be an Essendon supporter. I am sure he feels fabulously welcome at Windy Hill.

Congrats Campo, you've joined the finest football team in the biz.

HugeBluesFan said:
One that annoyed me when he was at Carlton was when he runs behind the player with a ball at the stopage for an easy kick, and I noticed he did that a couple of times last night.

I actually like the fact that he did that.
In that situation we don't want him running forward to receive a kick because we don't want him running into our forwards space.

What we do want is the bloke with the better foot skills to kick the ball forward and that's Campo.

It isn't about getting an easy kick, it's about using your strengths to your teams advantage and Campo's biggest strength is kicking the footy.

yah i was watching it and thought he was good i think players need to move on for a fresh start he's past his absoulty best but still got a few more years left in him :thumbsu:

cheers

He played exactly as expected. His execution by foot was spot on most of the time, adds the experience in the midfield we needed.

I also noticed when the swans players were shooting for goal he went back to the last line to be ready to take the kick-in immediatly if it was a point. I like it, adds a little bit of variety to just Fletch always taking the kick-in without losing much quality. If for example he quickly kicked it 30m to Fletch and then Fletch could kick it 60m, breaking the zone and possibly getting a quick coast to coast goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A class act - if we can get 2-3 good years out of him, then we've done well. Also, will most weeks probably take the oppositions best tagger, which free's up the likes of JJ, Stants, etc, to do more damage

Remove this Banner Ad

Camporeale's debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back