Can the Pies win the perfect flag 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's exactly what will happen. They will cruise through the year with their AFL run draw and get beat in the grand final.
Most underperformed team in the history of the competition.
The cracks are appearing already.
I'm EXTREMELY confident of this.
Dude, all this time waiting for IWAGD to turn up must be playing tricks with your scone ;)
These are Geelong's cracks you're seeing and we'll be filling them in in the couple of weeks.
Why is this on Bay 13? God you are a shit awful poster :eek:

bjeex1.gif

lol.
So by your memory he always prepares to head into the finals with a planned and premeditated loss?
Even as premiers? :eek:
Even with a perfect winning streak?
What part of that makes sense to you?
The explaining the loss to Eddie part, or the instructing the team to lose part???

Dumbf***... :thumbsdown:
Geelong did the same thing in 2007. With top spot locked away, they played poort at krapdinia park, and played well below their ability. Smart football if you ask me. If you can't see why, then I'd like to invite you to my next poker night.

I'm going to get a lot of wtf are you on about but i don't think collingwood will win the flag this year, just like i thought Geelong wouldn't in 2008. They will lose i think 2-4 this year in the H&A and either lose prelim or Grand, perhaps to either Hawthorn or Geelong and possibly freo as the dark horse team of the finals this year. I might sound crazy but i dont think they will win the flag this year, they might do a geelong from 07-09

I'm going to get a lot of wtf are you on about but i don't think collingwood will win the flag this year, just like i thought Geelong wouldn't in 2008. They will lose i think 2-4 this year in the H&A and either lose prelim or Grand, perhaps to either Hawthorn or Geelong and possibly freo as the dark horse team of the finals this year. I might sound crazy but i dont think they will win the flag this year, they might do a geelong from 07-09
What makes you say this? The reason I ask is; I've noticed that when ever someone makes such a prediction about the pies, either they have no reason for making such a prediction, or the reason they have turns out to be complete bollocks.

You idiot! i see you joined bigfooty 5 minutes ago, around the same time you jumped aboard the bandwagon. Worse than a Hawthorn supporter.
So people only start supporting a club when they sign up for Bigfooty?

Jeez how did this game ever get off the ground before the internet? :confused:

So people only start supporting a club when they sign up for Bigfooty?

Jeez how did this game ever get off the ground before the internet? :confused:
You'll get that for a while here. Why you defeat someone's argument, and they have nothing further to add, they'll have a crack at your joining date, as if that somehow invalidates what you've posted, or at least draws attention away from it.

Take it as a complement, for it's an indication your opponent has conceded defeat.

You'll get that for a while here. Why you defeat someone's argument, and they have nothing further to add, they'll have a crack at your joining date, as if that somehow invalidates what you've posted, or at least draws attention away from it.

Well **** me.. evidently probability waves don't collapse into particle reality without a Bigfooty account.. we have to get this information to physicists immediately

What makes you say this? The reason I ask is; I've noticed that when ever someone makes such a prediction about the pies, either they have no reason for making such a prediction, or the reason they have turns out to be complete bollocks.

What makes me say this is just im not sold on the pies position as an undefeated team. All of last year no one really challenged them apart from the Saints in the first Grand Final. This year i think Geelong have something to prove without Ablett and the Hawks wan to give their president one last gift before he leaves aswell as having a team that believe they can replicate 2008 after injury hit 2009 and 2010 seasons.. I also think that freo feels it's their time to maybe propose as a threat after a good season last year. I just feel with 3 teams, all with their own reasons, can topple the Pies, you are right my prediction might be complete bollocks but I am happy to stand by my prediciton of collingwood not going back-to-back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just dropped Beams for this week (averaging over 20 disposals).. you tell me how we are going

What makes me say this is just im not sold on the pies position as an undefeated team. All of last year no one really challenged them apart from the Saints in the first Grand Final. This year i think Geelong have something to prove without Ablett and the Hawks wan to give their president one last gift before he leaves aswell as having a team that believe they can replicate 2008 after injury hit 2009 and 2010 seasons.. I also think that freo feels it's their time to maybe propose as a threat after a good season last year. I just feel with 3 teams, all with their own reasons, can topple the Pies, you are right my prediction might be complete bollocks but I am happy to stand by my prediciton of collingwood not going back-to-back.
Sorry, just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those "They can't win it because they're Collingwood" crowd.

The last time they lost a game that actually meant something was quite some time ago; it was round 10 last year. There's a reason why nobody challenged them last year, they were streets ahead of everyone. Either other teams have improved dramatically - enough to challenge them (which I see little evidence of), or the pies have dropped off some what (again, not much evidence of this), or they're still streets ahead. With the possible exception of Geelong, I don't think anyone is even close to the pies this year.

5 teams have lost just one game in a H&A season.
* Geelong 2008
* Essendon 2000
* Essendon 1950
* Sth Melbourne 1918
* Carlton 1908

In 1929 the Magpies lost only 1 game (2nd semi-final) before winning the flag.
Can this current Pie squad top that by winning all H&A plus finals to become the first team in history to complete the perfect premiership?
We will drop 3-4 games, probably finish on top tho.

Why is this on Bay 13? God you are a shit awful poster :eek:

Another one for the ages, worthy of being etched in stone by KM.
You really are beginning to resemble a lost puppy, mate. ;)

Sorry, just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those "They can't win it because they're Collingwood" crowd.

The last time they lost a game that actually meant something was quite some time ago; it was round 10 last year. There's a reason why nobody challenged them last year, they were streets ahead of everyone. Either other teams have improved dramatically - enough to challenge them (which I see little evidence of), or the pies have dropped off some what (again, not much evidence of this), or they're still streets ahead. With the possible exception of Geelong, I don't think anyone is even close to the pies this year.

There was a reason why nobody challenged and that is because you were by far the best team in the comp last year, but when the pressure was on you almost faulted (1st Grand Final) in that 2nd Grand Final the Saints couldn't improve where as collingwood could. This year Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle (my dark horse team to win it, or make prelims at least) can all Improve, where as we have seen the best of collingwood, so when the pressure is on, this time by at least 2 teams if not 3, i think the pies could just feel the heat with so much expectation. Were yet to see the best Hawthorn,Geelong can still improve and Freo could just hang around and pinch it late without playing spectacular footy (e.g against the doggies).

There was a reason why nobody challenged and that is because you were by far the best team in the comp last year, but when the pressure was on you almost faulted (1st Grand Final) in that 2nd Grand Final the Saints couldn't improve where as collingwood could. This year Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle (my dark horse team to win it, or make prelims at least) can all Improve, where as we have seen the best of collingwood, so when the pressure is on, this time by at least 2 teams if not 3, i think the pies could just feel the heat with so much expectation. Were yet to see the best Hawthorn,Geelong can still improve and Freo could just hang around and pinch it late without playing spectacular footy (e.g against the doggies).
It would have been easier to write:

You were the best team last year, I find it hard to accept Collingwood were the best team last year and I hope like hell another team comes up and knocks you off from being the best team this year.

It would have been easier to write:

You were the best team last year, I find it hard to accept Collingwood were the best team last year and I hope like hell another team comes up and knocks you off from being the best team this year.

I dont find it hard to accept because clearly they were the only team to deserve the flag and when I see a good team regardless of the club i will credit them. Obviously i don't want collingwood to win another flag but if there good enough to then I'll say that but i strongly believe (not hoping) that either Geelong,Hawthorn,Freo can win it, and if the Saints find form aswell then dont write them off either.

..and you argument for this year, is that we can't improve... after arguing that we managed to improve last year when the pressure was dialed up to it's highest, and it mattered most?

Stupid post is stupid

..and you argument for this year, is that we can't improve... after arguing that we managed to improve last year when the pressure was dialed up to it's highest, and it mattered most?

Stupid post is stupid

Obviously collingwood didn't play their best in that first grand final, meaning that they could improve to their form for that season so its not quite stupid I probably could have worded it a bit better. I am saying you can't really improve this year which does sound like a "stupid post" to some of you but if you think about it there already playing great footy in April, now what are the chances of them playing like this for the WHOLE season. Where as Geelong havn't looked near their best, Hawthorn have a long way to improve as does Fremantle. And when it mattered most the pies almost chocked and threw away a great season, so you stumbled when the pressure was on, you obviously can't believe that there was more pressure on the pies in that 2nd Grand Final then the 1st, coming out of the 1st i think that the saints didn't have a chance in the 2nd.

I dont find it hard to accept because clearly they were the only team to deserve the flag and when I see a good team regardless of the club i will credit them. Obviously i don't want collingwood to win another flag but if there good enough to then I'll say that but i strongly believe (not hoping) that either Geelong,Hawthorn,Freo can win it, and if the Saints find form aswell then dont write them off either.

I would suggest that it is too early even yet to detemine who is better or who is worst other than Geelong seem to be playing to their early 2010 form, Collingwood are a little down on their 2010 last half season form and Freo still need to win more games on the road to capitalise on any form they do have.

Other than that, other teams such as Carlton and Essendon have made ground but not yet at the level to say they are top rung yet.

I tend not to make too many definitive calls until mid season and this years sluggish start by Collingwood only affirms that. That spasmodic form may become the norm or they may snap out of it. But some clubs have 4 weeks on us in pre season training.

Obviously collingwood didn't play their best in that first grand final, meaning that they could improve to their form for that season so its not quite stupid I probably could have worded it a bit better.

Stupid wording, makes it a stupid post

I am saying you can't really improve this year which does sound like a "stupid post" to some of you but if you think about it there already playing great footy in April, now what are the chances of them playing like this for the WHOLE season.

We have played ok. Not great, ok. "Great" would be putting it together for 4 quarters. We haven't done that yet, so I believe there is plenty of room for improvement. We haven't been tested yet, and haven't had had to find that Premiership gear.

Where as Geelong havn't looked near their best, Hawthorn have a long way to improve as does Fremantle.

So, we are going to lose, because they aren't playing well yet? All the Pies can do is play their own game, and let Freo, Geelong and Hawthorn worry about their business. To say that we need to be playing badly to be serious contenders is just nonsense

And when it mattered most the pies almost chocked and threw away a great season, so you stumbled when the pressure was on, you obviously can't believe that there was more pressure on the pies in that 2nd Grand Final then the 1st, coming out of the 1st i think that the saints didn't have a chance in the 2nd.

There is that word again

Almost

That first Grand Final wasn't a choke, it was a pretty damn epic contest. St Kilda pushed us all the way, and we were with them every step of the way. They had individuals that played without doubt their best games, and we were with them for every step.

If Goddard and Hayes go ballistic in any other game, and produce football like that against any other opponent, they win. Plain and simple. They didn't beat us

That second Grand Final was a high pressure test for both sides. Having the mental strength, with a team of kids, to rise up again and put in 4 quarters is a monumental task after GF 1. Collingwood proved that they are well drilled, and well trained enough to follow the game plan in a situation that is so far outside of what they will probably ever face again... it's not proof of failing, it's the reason they were successful.

If you're looking for flaws, they are there. I'll happily go through them with you. However, saying that Collingwood have peaked, or that are mentally fragile is daft

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the Pies win the perfect flag 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back