Can the Pies win the perfect flag 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

I just cant see that Collingwoods form is as good as it seems, Yes they are winning well but have played nobody, they beat carlton and essendon by 20 odd points each, hardly a thrashing. I just dont think they are as far ahead of the pack as some might think. And also there is a lot of similarities with Collingwood now and Geelong 2008 with the respective ladders. Its a long year, anything can happen.

I just cant see that Collingwoods form is as good as it seems, Yes they are winning well but have played nobody, they beat carlton and essendon by 20 odd points each, hardly a thrashing. I just dont think they are as far ahead of the pack as some might think. And also there is a lot of similarities with Collingwood now and Geelong 2008 with the respective ladders. Its a long year, anything can happen.

Common sense is not welcome here

Stupid wording, makes it a stupid post

We have played ok. Not great, ok. "Great" would be putting it together for 4 quarters. We haven't done that yet, so I believe there is plenty of room for improvement. We haven't been tested yet, and haven't had had to find that Premiership gear.

So, we are going to lose, because they aren't playing well yet? All the Pies can do is play their own game, and let Freo, Geelong and Hawthorn worry about their business. To say that we need to be playing badly to be serious contenders is just nonsense

There is that word again

Almost

That first Grand Final wasn't a choke, it was a pretty damn epic contest. St Kilda pushed us all the way, and we were with them every step of the way. They had individuals that played without doubt their best games, and we were with them for every step.

If Goddard and Hayes go ballistic in any other game, and produce football like that against any other opponent, they win. Plain and simple. They didn't beat us

That second Grand Final was a high pressure test for both sides. Having the mental strength, with a team of kids, to rise up again and put in 4 quarters is a monumental task after GF 1. Collingwood proved that they are well drilled, and well trained enough to follow the game plan in a situation that is so far outside of what they will probably ever face again... it's not proof of failing, it's the reason they were successful.

If you're looking for flaws, they are there. I'll happily go through them with you. However, saying that Collingwood have peaked, or that are mentally fragile is daft

The first grand final was a choke after collingwood by far were the best team in the H&A season, St Kilda were good but no where near collingwood so yea it kinda was a choke.
I never said you had to play badly to be a contender, i mean Geelong, Hawthorn and Freo haven't played badly at all neither has collingwood but i think their room for improvement is a lot bigger then collingwoods atm and i think that's the scary thing. Hawthorn haven't really had anyone play their best since 2008, and I've seen some of the games and it could be a breakout year for guys like Mitchell,Sewell,Franklin,Roughead,Hodge,Guerra,Bateman and the list goes on. I personally believe Hawthorn's best is better then Collingwood's best, its just the matter of reaching their best, which is where Collingwood have been superior.
GF 1 had taken alot out of St Kilda leaving them mentally and probably psychically more worn then collingwood. So to say the GF 2 was high pressure for both sides isn't quite true, as i even believe Blind Freddy could see the St Kilda were battered before the first bounce.I think Collingwood have more problems then people can see, and without a doubt they should take note of Geelong,Hawthorn and Freo as all 3 are serious threats

There was a reason why nobody challenged and that is because you were by far the best team in the comp last year, but when the pressure was on you almost faulted (1st Grand Final) in that 2nd Grand Final the Saints couldn't improve where as collingwood could. This year Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle (my dark horse team to win it, or make prelims at least) can all Improve, where as we have seen the best of collingwood, so when the pressure is on, this time by at least 2 teams if not 3, i think the pies could just feel the heat with so much expectation. Were yet to see the best Hawthorn,Geelong can still improve and Freo could just hang around and pinch it late without playing spectacular footy (e.g against the doggies).
What makes you say that? You think one of the youngest sides in the league has no room for improvement.

Very little improvement i must say i dont see many of their players getting any better, where as you look at the hawks, who most if not all their stars are not even near the best form and haven't been since 08 and i believe it could be their break out year again, the cats not so much as the hawks but still a bit more then collingwood, and Freo probably a lot more improvement.

Very little improvement i must say i dont see many of their players getting any better, where as you look at the hawks, who most if not all their stars are not even near the best form and haven't been since 08 and i believe it could be their break out year again, the cats not so much as the hawks but still a bit more then collingwood, and Freo probably a lot more improvement.
So, you dont think a team with an average age last year of 22 something, can improve on the whole?

A lot of clubs must be on the decline then, as we were one of the youngest lists

Perhaps that's what you're supposed to think?

Geelong's a lot older than Collingwood. What makes you think they can improve but we can't? Or was I right in suggesting you may be one of the "they can't win because they're Collingwood" crowd?

Geelong's a lot older than Collingwood. What makes you think they can improve but we can't? Or was I right in suggesting you may be one of the "they can't win because they're Collingwood" crowd?
I'm talking about the team as a whole not individuals, yes Geelong are older but have a bit more improvement then collingwood in them in their team form not as player development. You might still be able to improve but not by alot.
I am giving reasonable evidence as to why collingwood can't win it this year but as most pie supporters are you are one eyed and arn't open to others opinions. Besides i do believe Geelong can knock off Collingwood but I'd rather be much more worried about the Hawks.

I'm talking about the team as a whole not individuals, yes Geelong are older but have a bit more improvement then collingwood in them in their team form not as player development. You might still be able to improve but not by alot.
What makes you think this? You keep giving conclusions without making any mention of what lead you to those conclusions. There's a name for that.
I am giving reasonable evidence as to why collingwood can't win it this year
No you're not. You've given plenty of unsupported opinion, and very little else. You've stated that you believe the pies cannot improve, without providing anything in the way of evidence to support that statement, almost as if you believe that simply stating it is enough to make it true.
but as most pie supporters are you are one eyed and arn't open to others opinions.
More than happy to listen to your opinion. I'm just asking you to qualify it, and you can only do that by offering more opinion.
Besides i do believe Geelong can knock off Collingwood but I'd rather be much more worried about the Hawks.
Both teams will challenge Collingwood this year, and they're probably the only ones that will, but to say "collingwood can't win it this year" is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes they haven't flexed their muscle yet but I reckon Collingwood will prove themselves in round 8...

What makes you say that? You think one of the youngest sides in the league has no room for improvement.

You won the Flag. You beat Geelong in a final.
Out of those two, what is the most noteworthy for you?
Because after being belted in successive prelims by us seems to have left a significant scar that cannot be healed with a single flag. :)
Cats have improved re; loss of Ablett, Thompson...
Pies have beaten no one in particular... :eek:

cue - "but we beat the dogs by fifty"...

Both teams will challenge Collingwood this year, and they're probably the only ones that will, but to say "collingwood can't win it this year" is absolutely ridiculous.

A little screwed but not at all ridiculous.
We all thought that at Geelong in '08.
Stranger things have happened, AG. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am giving reasonable evidence as to why collingwood can't win it this year but as most pie supporters are you are one eyed and arn't open to others opinions. Besides i do believe Geelong can knock off Collingwood but I'd rather be much more worried about the Hawks.

Geelong have some improve, undisputed fact.
Collingwood though are a shadow of the side which played the finals last year.
They have a huge amount of improvement.
Beams, Didak, Maxwell, Swan, Sidebum, Jolly, Tarrant, Harry, Roids, Dick, Krakatoa, The Boot and Anvil all have at the very least 25% improvement just to get to last years average performances. That said Tooves is playing out of his skin so I can see where you get this idea the Pies are peaking....:rolleyes:

We'll have to settle for an imperfect flag.

You already got that last year when you had to play 8 quarters to beat St Kilda.
Such a thorough & absolute triumph. :eek:

Your kidding me yeah? Collingwood has SO far to go. You do relise we have the majority of our team under 24 years old. Big improvements can come from those players..

And honestly i think the 2008 hawks are done mate. Really its been 3 years and its over. I think time to give up those dreams

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the Pies win the perfect flag 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back