Can we afford to sack Laidley?

Remove this Banner Ad

PortPhillip

Debutant
Dec 1, 2005
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I don't think he is going to walk, so we are going to have to show him the door, can we afford to pay him out? I really hope we can, I am dreading another year under Laidley, it will be a nightmare.

PortPhillip said:
I don't think he is going to walk, so we are going to have to show him the door, can we afford to pay him out? I really hope we can, I am dreading another year under Laidley, it will be a nightmare.

I don't think he'd walk either as he lacks the pragmatism that is needed to honestly sum up the situation.

Remember, this is a bloke that has a build that never should have played a single game of AFL footy, let alone played 151 games, played in arguably the greatest half back line of all time for a period of time (along with McKenna and Jacovich) and contributed to an AFL premiership.

Absolute willpower, the thing that made him a very good footballer, is the very same thing that limits his vision as a coach.

So very similiar to Schimma.

Flag Man said:
I don't think he'd walk either as he lacks the pragmatism that is needed to honestly sum up the situation.

Remember, this is a bloke that has a build that never should have played a single game of AFL footy, let alone played 151 games, played in arguably the greatest half back line of all time for a period of time (along with McKenna and Jacovich) and contributed to an AFL premiership.

Absolute willpower, the thing that made him a very good footballer, is the very same thing that limits his vision as a coach.

gee, never thought about it like that, but your spot on with Laidley's similiarities with Schimma, well we are going to need to find the money to sack him.

If things are as bad as they seem then can we afford not to sack him? It's false economy to say the "captain" is going to inadvertently crash the ship or aircraft but we can't afford to pay him out and hire another "captain".

Flag Man said:
played in arguably the greatest half back line of all time for a period of time (along with McKenna and Jacovich)

He was injured for most of the time he was with the Eagles.

And the HB line that is revered by Eagles fans is Worsfold, Jakovich, and McKenna, and that line was well established by the time Laidley left the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we couldn't afford not to get him then we cannot afford to sack him.

no need to worry about paying him to go,his contract is finished and wont be renewed,if we tell him to go now we still have to pay hin out,and someone else to be caretaker,after rd 22 sayonara :thumbsu:

I doubt he would play Longmire on a wing... :D:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford to sack Laidley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back