East33

Senior List
Oct 20, 2004
Ringwood
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Essendon
Does anybody on the forum take any notice of the ACTFL.

If so i was wondering what you thought of Paul Grayling from Ainslie?

East33 said:
Does anybody on the forum take any notice of the ACTFL.

If so i was wondering what you thought of Paul Grayling from Ainslie?

I take notice of it, but it's that lopsided it's hard to get enthused.

Weston Creek and Wagga are fbattling to be competitive, the Swans need to re-align themselves with a VFL club...(Frankston, Nth Ballarat, heck even Tassie)

I don't think it's the competition it used to be, as Ainslie and Belconnen continue to dominate

I had a good battle against Paul Grayling over the fence last week, when ainslie took on Weston Creek, he really does get sucked in by spectators, good player though and is pretty fearsome with the "dreads".

What the ACTAFL should look like:
Belconnen Magpies
Ainslie Kangaroos
Queanbeyan Tigers
Eastlake Demons
Weston Creek Wildcats
Tuggeranong Cowboys

What it currently looks like:
Sydney Swans Reserves
Belconnen Magpies
Ainslie Kangaroos
Queanbeyan Tigers
Eastlake Demons
Tuggeranong Hawks
Weston Creek Lions
Wagga Tigers

WCL said:
I had a good battle against Paul Grayling over the fence last week, when ainslie took on Weston Creek, he really does get sucked in by spectators, good player though and is pretty fearsome with the "dreads".

What the ACTAFL should look like:
Belconnen Magpies
Ainslie Kangaroos
Queanbeyan Tigers
Eastlake Demons
Weston Creek Wildcats
Tuggeranong Cowboys

What it currently looks like:
Sydney Swans Reserves
Belconnen Magpies
Ainslie Kangaroos
Queanbeyan Tigers
Eastlake Demons
Tuggeranong Hawks
Weston Creek Lions
Wagga Tigers

So Sydney and Wagga say goodbye, where do the mergers for Tugger and Weston come from

Jock's Netballers said:
So Sydney and Wagga say goodbye, where do the mergers for Tugger and Weston come from

Wagga Tigers should have joined the Ovens and Murray league a few years ago.
The time has come to re-visit this idea.
Wagga Tigers have to be struggling to attract players to go to Canberra every second week and got flogged.
They can't compete with the big spending clubs up there with Danny Jacques a case in point.
He played for Wagga the last couple of years and couldn't resist a big offer to join a rival club.
The O and M needs a spark and the introduction of Wagga Tigers, a strong club with a proven track record of success, would be a great fillip down south.
Even some of the clubs in the O and M who were against Tigers joining a few years ago have had a change of heart.
Bring it on.

I agree that Wagga Tigers should have gone to OMFL.

Paul Grayling is an ex-East Ringwood player from the EFL and was a decent player. I read his name in the best players from time to time in the Herald-Sun but I must admit I haven't been reading them much this season.

I might be wrong but would the Ovens and Murray be a better standard comp than the ACTAFL, so how would Wagga Wagga go then or would Wagga Wagga go in the Oven Murray Comp mainly on location factor.

My North said:
I might be wrong but would the Ovens and Murray be a better standard comp than the ACTAFL, so how would Wagga Wagga go then or would Wagga Wagga go in the Oven Murray Comp mainly on location factor.

mate you are wrong the ACTAFL would beat O&M by about ten goals, didn't they win the Aust country championships last year which also included Vic Country, so how would the O&M be a better league.

Magpiespower said:
Bring back the WOMBATS!

Anyone know what happened to the wombats? Did they merge with ANU or did they just fade away. I really miss those shop-rite jumpers they used to wear. They used to have 2 sides, surely they could manage one team in the Canberra District league.

davefromjerra said:
Anyone know what happened to the wombats? Did they merge with ANU or did they just fade away. I really miss those shop-rite jumpers they used to wear. They used to have 2 sides, surely they could manage one team in the Canberra District league.

They had no players left and couldnt' afford to pay the affiliation fees anymore. Half a dozen came over to Belconnen in the District League, a few went to ANU and a few again are now playing first grade around Canberra.

Jez Walker and Skip are still running (just) around getting a kick.

roos said:
mate you are wrong the ACTAFL would beat O&M by about ten goals, didn't they win the Aust country championships last year which also included Vic Country, so how would the O&M be a better league.

I didnt know that the ACTAFL won the country championships, so there you go the ACTAFL > Ovens and Murray

roos said:

Dont be too sure on the ACTAFL defeating the O&M. It is my understanding that the ACTAFL won the championship however it was the second division of the championship, vic country were in the first division.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travvy43 said:
Dont be too sure on the ACTAFL defeating the O&M. It is my understanding that the ACTAFL won the championship however it was the second division of the championship, vic country were in the first division.

Better go and check that mate, because I don't think there is any Divisions as NSW won it before that. And they both beat Vic Country in their respective winning year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Canberra Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back