Opinion Cancelwood Magpariahs

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows what the PR people are like at KFC or AIA? And these are still quite new relationships. We know CGU weren’t too keen on some previous incidents. The club are probably under quite a bit of pressure from the sponsors to be squeaky clean.

Or maybe KFC is loving how many extra times their logo is appearing on tv?

Sponsors might even make noise about values but deep down in their dark hearts they don’t give two fks. Corporates sponsoring afl teams is pretty much the business of exposing the logos. And as far as the Pies are concerned, right now, business is a booming.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Wayno Carey will sit this one out..

I’m not even worried about de goey, we have had heaps of players like him and always will, we are that sort of club.

I grew up in the millane area mind you.

Ah yes, famed woke leftist Rupert Murdoch
Lol, quick blame Murdoch!

It's a pretty embarrassing response. The guy is 91, what agency does he have over the articles Jon Ralph writes? The Herald Sun refers to Hannah Mouncey as she/her. Not something you see from conservatives.

Just because 60 years ago a media mogul like Murdoch is considered far right by today's standards doesn't mean the organisations under his name are also.

I can't believe I find myself defending the conservative right, but man if they're right about something it's that woke insanity has gone way too far.

It's a pretty embarrassing response. The guy is 91, what agency does he have over the articles Jon Ralph writes? The Herald Sun refers to Hannah Mouncey as she/her. Not something you see from conservatives.

Just because 60 years ago a media mogul like Murdoch is considered far right by today's standards doesn't mean the organisations under his name are also.

I can't believe I find myself defending the conservative right, but man if they're right about something it's that woke insanity has gone way too far.

You don't think Murdoch has set the path for Newcorp with his senior management hirings?

This is embarrassingly naïve.

You don't think Murdoch has set the path for Newcorp with his senior management hirings?
Perhaps. When did he appoint them?

I think it matters little who he's appointed. His organisations aren't right leaning socially. Maybe economically, but cultural issues, like the trans debate for example, not even close.

Enlighten me.
Trying to imply he doesn't have agency over his products is fairly bizarre. He's essentially an auteur with the editorial lines.

And, arguing that his organisations aren't right-leaning on social issues is pretty absurd. Only by some American definition of social ideology would that be correct. Fox Corp aren't right leaning socially? The Australian is obviously right-leaning, as is the Hun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulation Pual Dowsley you made the list:
FVxDA-7aIAA8yOD

216be32872638c32b65be4d0da630dd7

0e9015790e9a4065705e099c24b338f1

Kane Cornes:

AFL Career:
Diving/Staging:
1655868227856.jpeg
Finger:
images

1655868592643.jpeg
Behind the play bump:
images

2012 Port B&F Rigged:

Media Career:
Fat Shaming:
Fire Fighter lie:
1569421336240_G7D2E42F5.1-1.jpg

Text Scandal:

With all the conjecture about bad turnouts and low crowds this year the latest media shit show does nothing to inspire engagement and support of our great game. I am sure many others life myself have turned off media and AFL in general this last week, less I insult my ears and eyes with drivel from Jon Ralph and his like.

I would fully support a club media ban for the remainder of the year.

Jon Ralph (Richmond Supporter):

Sensationalising:
Not reading all the details:
Clarkson on "no accountability":

capture6_zpscad68cf5-jpg.66676

To be continued...

And, arguing that his organisations aren't right-leaning on social issues is pretty absurd. Fox Corp aren't right leaning socially? The Australian is obviously right-leaning, as is the Hun.

What exactly is your problem if all Murdoch media is right leaning anyway?

The rest of the media, including taxpayer funded ABC included, is mostly left leaning. Isn't it a good thing some people can chose to read the Age? Others can choose to read the Hun? As in free press?

But I suppose that's what you progressives are all about, a differing opinion that is not in line with the narrative should be called out and ostracised. In a free society as ours, there should be right leaning papers, should be left leaning papers, should be neutral papers - only the government funded media should be neutral...

The rest of the media, including taxpayer funded ABC included, is mostly left leaning. Isn't it a good thing some people can chose to read the Age? Others can choose to read the Hun? As in free press?

But I suppose that's what you progressives are all about, a differing opinion that is not in line with the narrative should be called out and ostracised. In a free society as ours, there should be right leaning papers, should be left leaning papers, should be neutral papers - only the government funded media should be neutral...
You've just created an argument where one doesn't exist for your own agenda.

Gouki was just saying (not that he needs me to talk for him) that it is absurd to say that the Murdoch papers aren't right leaning when that Ricky poster was saying that they aren't.

You've now chimed in with a different argument altogether in your last paragraph that wasn't even discussed in which you start off with the generalisation that "I suppose that this is what all you progressives are about......rant rant".

Gouki was just saying (not that he needs me to talk for him) that it is absurd to say that the Murdoch papers aren't right leaning when that Ricky poster was saying that they aren't.

You've now chimed in with a different argument altogether in your last paragraph that wasn't even discussed in which you start off with the generalisation that "I suppose that this is what all you progressives are about......rant rant".

Exactly? So what if they are right leaning?

Read the thread again, in context too.

Shhh, we're huntin' leftists...

elmer_fudd.jpg

nothing rightwhingers like more than shifting goalposts in the presence of inconvenient facts.

I would like to see a Fair & Balanced media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back