Captaincy / Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

How’s the classless victory laps going on. A few people would never want to get anything wrong on here ever again.
please let me have my victory lap on the main board

melbourne football club has the reputation of being classy and sophisticated

whats transpired has shown a significant portion of the club and its supporters up for being the trashy individuals they are

we here took the blows when they came based on the current info and most were appalled by zorko's comments. not really seeing the same degree of tact from the melbourne faithful now that the whole kitten kaboodle is unravelling

whats transpired has shown a significant portion of the club and its supporters up for being the trashy individuals they are

we here took the blows when they came based on the current info and most were appalled by zorko's comments. not really seeing the same degree of tact from the melbourne faithful now that the whole kitten kaboodle is unravelling
I did my best for 5 or 6 days to give everyone the heads up on this.

If our own supporters remained so vehement what on earth do you expect from Melbourne and others.

Someone wise once told me it's totally pointless trying to convince someone who disagrees with you to change their mind. On anything.

Sadly the stench will stay with Zorko. This whole episode will only cement preconceived misconceptions. That's public life these days.

Got in before I deleted this 😅

I did my best for 5 or 6 days to give everyone the heads up on this.

If our own supporters remained so vehement what on earth do you expect from Melbourne and others.

Someone wise once told me it's totally pointless trying to convince someone who disagrees with you to change their mind. On anything.

Sadly the stench will stay with Zorko. This whole episode will only cement preconceived misconceptions. That's public life these days.
at the time i could understand their anger

the fact theyve now turned to potting zorko as a player rather than as an individual instead of owning their bullshit is very disappointing when i feel like most of us on this forum engaged in good faith on this issue

Got in before I deleted this 😅
Kudos to you mate for fronting up unreservedly.

We've all been in the same boat before . It's our humanness.

I actually learnt a lot through this whole episode myself .

It's funny in any issue that has reached the press where I've known the person involved and what the facts are ,the press have generally printed the opposite of the truth. And once it's out there it's virtually impossible to reverse the narrative. People in the public eye who are perceived as bad guys are more often than not good guys in real life and vice versa. Why this is I've never really been able to work out.

Kudos to you mate for fronting up unreservedly.

We've all been in the same boat before . It's our humanness.

I actually learnt a lot through this whole episode myself .

It's funny in any issue that has reached the press where I've known the person involved and what the facts are ,the press have generally printed the opposite of the truth. And once it's out there it's virtually impossible to reverse the narrative. People in the public eye who are perceived as bad guys are more often than not good guys in real life and vice versa. Why this is I've never really been able to work out.
I don't remember what it is called but there is this weird effect where we know that everytime the news et al report on something we know about they get it wrong and often opposite yet we assume they are telling the truth on matters we don't know about.

(Braveheart annoys the hell out of me over its plethora of inaccuracies as I am familiar with the period whereas The Patriot is just a movie to me even though equally (I am told) full of ... disputable representations)

Of course a narrative that supports your preferred bias is far more palatable (and unlikely to be internally challenged) than one that challenges or opposes it!

People formed opinions based on the information that had been reported as fact. I don't think anyone went overboard, if the worst version of what was being reported was true (even if that is now clearly not the case). Having Max Gawn still doing media about it yesterday/today and perpetuating that narrative is kinda wrong.
Max Gawn is a hypocrite. One of the lippiest grubs out there and acts like he is a saint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Gawn is a hypocrite. One of the lippiest grubs out there and acts like he is a saint.
His press stop off yesterday verged on the bizarre. Pointless and just plain mistruths.

He wouldn't want to get too many people's noses out of joint by digging it in because there could be an avalanche come their way.

Goodwin knew as soon as Petty came off the ground. I presume he'd spoken to him. Didn't want any involvement after that. I was actually dumbfounded Richardson did that interview. Anyone in footy knows when a contentious issue crops up let the dust settle.
That’s why he was a shithouse coach. Can’t control his emotions and lets bias run his feeble mind.

Someone pm me what was said to zorko lads.... this is killing me!

They said Zorko's Slovenian grandma would be turning in her grave if she ever had to eat Zorko's wife's kranjska klobasa and dumplings. They also said Zorko's golf swing was as inadequate as his soccer skills (not very good). Really harsh stuff. I heard it at the ground when I saw sitting in bay 235. I saw Zorko doing mental practice golf putts on the bench at 3 qtr time. Bloke was on the verge of tears - had to get Dany Daly to reassure him that his putting wasnt that bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back